Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 will sell you more dungeons

Comments

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I can do what if scenarios too , here's one :

-What if they steal your pants the moment you log in the first time and then offer it back in the online store for 10$ !

*Disclaimer: If you are at the moment of logging in not wearing any pants, we will steal your underpants. If there are no underpants to steal, well..lets not go into that other then that it will hurt.*

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by someforumguy

This only shows you know not much about Guild Wars 1 or how the content was offered to the players. It uses the exact same b2p model as GW2. They also specifically didnt add certain things to the online shop. Maybe look into how it was done with GW1 first so you learn about Arenanet and how they listened to their community, before coming up with your next 'what if' scenario.

Anyone can come up with crazy 10$ a dungeon what if scenarios. Its just odd that you can only think of negative possibilities.

Oh, and buying a dungeon in an expansion is buying a dungeon. Actually you buy dungeons from buying the first box. Why not wait first untill they actually announce what will be in the shop. That is something they do before the game will release, so you have nothing to worry about.

Well, I come up with negative scenerios because this whole thing is negative from my point of view.  I don't want these kind of buy content cash shops. Why not jsut buy expansion packs like everyone kept on talking about. Nobody was saying we would have to buy each individual dungeon. Now the cat is out of the bag and it seems like GW1 people knew about this all along.

It's not what I thought this game was going to be. B2p is greater than p2p ... until it becomes a F2p/b2p MT game , you people are being way too complacent about this... You want to have a f2p game, fine then don't sell the game like its b2p and then run a MT scam anyhow.

I pay for the box, they got my money right there, so provide my content or give me a sub option so I get all the content.  I don't want to pull out the old debit card every time they pump out a new dungeon.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by sungodra

This only shows you know not much about Guild Wars 1 or how the content was offered to the players. It uses the exact same b2p model as GW2. They also specifically didnt add certain things to the online shop. Maybe look into how it was done with GW1 first so you learn about Arenanet and how they listened to their community, before coming up with your next 'what if' scenario.

Anyone can come up with crazy 10$ a dungeon what if scenarios. Its just odd that you can only think of negative possibilities.

Oh, and buying a dungeon in an expansion is buying a dungeon. Actually you buy dungeons from buying the first box. Why not wait first untill they actually announce what will be in the shop. That is something they do before the game will release, so you have nothing to worry about.

Well, I come up with negative scenerios because this whole thing is negative from my point of view.  I don't want these kind of buy content cash shops. Why not jsut buy expansion packs like everyone kept on talking about. Nobody was saying we would have to buy each individual dungeon. Now the cat is out of the bag and it seems like GW1 people knew about this all along.

It's not what I thought this game was going to be. B2p is greater than p2p ... until it becomes a F2p/b2p MT game , you people are being way too complacent about this... You want to have a f2p game, fine then don't sell the game like its b2p and then run a MT scam anyhow.

I pay for the box, they got my money right there, so provide my content or give me a sub option so I get all the content.  I don't want to pull out the old debit card every time they pump out a new dungeon.

Ok, so whatever. Go ahead, ramble a lot about your doom and fail scenarios while we wait untill the announcement what is actually offered in box and in shop and then decide.

You are basically making up a game and shopcontent that doesnt exist (yet) and go all crazy over it. I would understand you if they actually announced what you are fussing about, but it hasnt happened yet and you cant be sure if they will do it like that. But I guess you still wont see the difference between your what if and what is.

EDIT: Im going to play a game, so dont expect me to answer anymore. Happy brooding!

want to pull out the old debit card every time they pump out a new dungeon.

Ok, so whatever. Go ahead, ramble a lot about your doom and fail scenarios while we wait untill the announcement what is actually offered in box and in shop and then decide.

You are basically making up a game and shopcontent that doesnt exist (yet) and go all crazy over it. I would understand you if they actually announced what you are fussing about, but it hasnt happened yet and you cant be sure if they will do it like that. But I guess you still wont see the difference between your what if and what is.

EDIT: Im going to play a game, so dont expect me to answer anymore. Happy brooding!

The problem is that the idea has been planted in their head. They said they are thinking about it. Don't you want to perhaps show your displeasure with this kind of a system so they know that we do not want this in the game?  Just sitting around and being content with it all will not stop this system. 

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

want to pull out the old debit card every time they pump out a new dungeon.

The problem is that the idea has been planted in their head. They said they are thinking about it. Don't you want to perhaps show your displeasure with this kind of a system so they know that we do not want this in the game?  Just sitting around and being content with it all will not stop this system. 

I odnt have displeasure with this system, so no I wouldn t cause a fuss. I still can t see the big deal, maybe I m missing something, but unless they try to sell me something that maybe lasts me 10 mins total and I m paying $10 then sure i ll bitch but until then I m not worrying about something we don t even know about.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I think selling expansions and mini expansions is actually a good idea. EQ2 have a few "adventure packs" with some zones in.

To sell a bunch of content based on a theme together is not a bad idea unless you must have it. It has been done not in in F2P MMOs before but also in P2P games and never really got bashed.

Selling a single dungeon however is a bad idea. 

I have no problem buying a full expansion (like Elona) or a small expansion like the Shin Jae island. But dungeons are really too little content to be sold by themselves.

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468

LoL, it's ppl like you who are complacent. When P2P game releases new 'free' dungeon, ofc you dont have to pull out your credit/debet card - you already gave it to them few months ago ... and if you dont like that dungeon ? Well, bad luck ...

Tbh im fed up with P2P games. 1 year sub at 13 euro per month is 156 euro, thats aprox price of 3 boxes ! So you will happily pay triple price of your initial box, for content that might or might not be comming, content you dont know if you will like, rather than play for free and just buy things you realy think are worth your money ? I know whats better deal for me and no, it's not P2P model.

• drkoracledrkoracle Member UncommonPosts: 120

There isn't even a beta yet, and people are complaining ^^ Arena Net said they have not finalized what they will offer for sale, so relax take a chill pill, I can all but guarantee you they wont charge you per dungeon.

Here is what I think you can expect in the Item Shop:

• Mounts

• Pets

• Transmute Stones

• Extra Char Slots

• Re-Customization

• Server Change

• Large Content Packs

• Other Fluff Items

Arenanet had a winning model with Guild Wars 1, expect that to continue.

You can stop trolling now sungodra

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

As long as its not what a lot of people term 'P2W/Pay to win', then I don't see the big deal.  If you pay for dungeons/content, and aren't paying a subscription then its pretty much ok, as long as they don't sell some stuff, that has been mentioned by some people.

I am ok with:

Content

Char slots

mounts (as long as they are equal to in game mounts, but just neat)

respecs

bag space (pushing it, due to advantage in time, but kinda picky to say much about it imo)

Those kind of things don't bother me.

I would be turned off and may not play if they sold this stuff:

XP potions

Mounts (faster than non-bought mounts)

Buffs/stat boosts

Equipment that gives an advantage.

I won't like this, but I am not gonna spend time to complain or dog the game, I just probably won't buy it.

Its all speculation though, its where I stand though...If some of the second items could be put on a limit and put out in a somewhat 'responsible' manner, then I may not be so turned off.  But I can't offer alternatives or limits, when they aren't confirmed to be in.

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

I don't want to pull out the old debit card every time they pump out a new dungeon.

Then don't.  Any DLC that they sell (outside of expansions) is going to be purely optional content.  It will be up to you to decide if it is worth it to you or not.  Arena Net isn't going to force you to buy it.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Originally posted by Xthos

XP potions

GW2 is already slated to have a flat leveling curve so as to avoid grinding for levels, not to mention that ANet isn't really intested in you playing their game forever so that you keep paying your monthly sub.

I'm not sure if they'll even have mounts in the first place due to this teleportation for a cast option being available to players so that they won't miss out on dynamic events because they took forever getting there.

Buffs/stat boosts

In a game where PvP plays an important role in many forms (from typical stuff, group based to World vs World)? That would be an extremely stupid move.

Kinda the same like above. Also, devs have pretty stated that they don't want players backstabbing and competing one another in PvE segments.

Game itself kinda by it's own design refutes all these possibilities.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Originally posted by Methos12

XP potions

GW2 is already slated to have a flat leveling curve so as to avoid grinding for levels, not to mention that ANet isn't really intested in you playing their game forever so that you keep paying your monthly sub.

I'm not sure if they'll even have mounts in the first place due to this teleportation for a cast option being available to players so that they won't miss out on dynamic events because they took forever getting there.

Buffs/stat boosts

In a game where PvP plays an important role in many forms (from typical stuff, group based to World vs World)? That would be an extremely stupid move.

Kinda the same like above. Also, devs have pretty stated that they don't want players backstabbing and competing one another in PvE segments.

I hope you are right, but in one of the newer threads, they have a quote about not being commital to a system or what they could have, and even mentioned XP boosts as a possibility of things that could be on the table....nothing confirmed, just saying this to say, you are more certain, than the people that work on the game....So I will wait and see.

• drkoracledrkoracle Member UncommonPosts: 120

I actualy have no problem with XP boosts. It doesn't affect end-game raiding/pvp so no biggy imo.

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

Originally posted by Methos12

XP potions

Buffs/stat boosts

I hope you are right, but in one of the newer threads, they have a quote about not being commital to a system or what they could have, and even mentioned XP boosts as a possibility of things that could be on the table....nothing confirmed, just saying this to say, you are more certain, than the people that work on the game....So I will wait and see.

Actually, they've specifically used XP boosts as examples of things that are most definitely NOT on the table.

• qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

I actually agree with this business model. I will be playing this game if this is the case. Dungeon sales are micro-expansions to me. They are content packs. This is different than the retarded virtual stores in other games. I will pay for content .. not to play dress up or pay for virtual items.

I applaud Guild Wars 2 for their refreshing business model. I agree monthly payments make a company lazy and I agree with selling CONTENT .. not the crap current games are selling .. VIRTUAL DRESS UP. Two thumbs up.

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

Originally posted by qombi

I actually agree with this business model. I will be playing this game if this is the case. Dungeon sales are micro-expansions to me. They are content packs. This is different than the retarded virtual stores in other games. I will pay for content .. not to play dress up or pay for virtual items.

I applaud Guild Wars 2 for their refreshing business model. I agree monthly payments make a company lazy and I agree with selling CONTENT .. not the crap current games are selling .. VIRTUAL DRESS UP. Two thumbs up.

Guild Wars 2 is going to have a virtual store just every other MMO with dress-up things, amazing pets and all these vanity stuff. Maybe it's time to get over it yourself.

• stamps79stamps79 Member Posts: 233

I would much prefer paying for DLC content, over subscription fee.  Even though I don't mind paying for one, it's nice that a company can remove it as an option and give you something amazing to enjoy.

ArenaNet does not want to put subscriptions into play.  That saves 10 to 15 dollars a month of  playing most MMO's.  Then lets say 3 to 6 months they release a DLC for 7 to 15 dollars, depending on what it's contents are....that's not bad either...I mean I would not complain at all.

The next year they can release a expansion or the next after that for 30 to 40 and then you get another great experience to enjoy.

If anything please do  not be like Bethesda or Bioware, both companpies pushed so much DLC content at you, it ends up killing your experience or your feelings of them as a developer of games you know you want to love, but sometimes paying too much for an experience, is not a great experience at all.

I love DLC content and I'm glad Bethesda used the Xbox360 ( Oblivion) to really show something great to the players, ways to get more out of your game,  without having to wait for a new game or expansion.

I love both Bethesda and Bioware, just not when they abuse DLC on the consumers.

I'm very new to Guild Wars, but I can't wait to see what ArenaNet does with there new baby. 

Wildstar (2013) & Elder Scroll Online (2013)

Playing: Diablo 3, WOW, Far Cry 3 & X-Com.

Enjoyed: WOW 5 1/2 yrs, LOTRO 3yrs, GW 1/2yr, DFO 1yr, EVE Online 3yrs, and Huxley (Beta).

Failed to impress: GW2 3months, Tera Online 6 months (best combat system in any MMO I've played) STO 1/4yr, Aion 1/2yr, AoC 1yr, CO, Fallen Earth, DDO, EQ2 1/2yr, WAR 1/2yr, Lineage 2 and FF XI 1/2yr, FF XIV.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Jimmy562

Originally posted by EricDanie

Originally posted by Skooma2

I'm glad I haven't bought into the GW2 hype, although I played GW1 for about 3 years.   The fact that there is going to be RMT selling CONTENT is going to net them one less customer than they thought they were going to have.

You mean content like expansion packs?

An Expansion has LOTS more than 1 dungeon. If you do have to pay for dungeons then its on its way down already. That dungeon could have unique loot and those that don't buy the dungeon will fall behind.

Did NOBODY in this thread READ the follow up to that HORRIBLY misnamed piece in PCGamer?  Go to the GW2 ArenaNet site and READ.

Why is it that people automatically assume that the media EVER EVER reports anything accurately?  Why?  PCGamer is the FOX News of gaming.  Do some research on what they're saying before flying off the handle at assumptions based on the sensationalism used by a media outlet to generate more readers for their CRAP magazine.

Look at all the mentions of PCGamer even just in this thread. Well they GOT the fuckin' attention they wanted. Free publicity for them.

Seriously....go read on....oh nvm (I can't find what I read now). Here's a thread right HERE at MMORPG.com you can read about it:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/295558

Jon Wood actually SPOKE to them, so people....get....a....grip.

Most questions about the present development of GW2 are answered on their developers blog:

http://www.arena.net/blog/

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• lightbladelightblade Member Posts: 219

Micro-transaction model definitely wins over subscription model.

$3~5 per dungeon sounds like something that's acceptable to over 90% of the player base.  Just imagine this, IF WoW changed its business model to micro-transaction in that you pay $3-5 for each dungeon.  Are you going to stop playing it?

May MMO has gone on this model.  I think it's not because subscription is not making money, it's just that micro-transaction actual make more money.

Originally posted by just1opinion

Originally posted by Jimmy562

Originally posted by EricDanie

Originally posted by Skooma2

I'm glad I haven't bought into the GW2 hype, although I played GW1 for about 3 years.   The fact that there is going to be RMT selling CONTENT is going to net them one less customer than they thought they were going to have.

You mean content like expansion packs?

An Expansion has LOTS more than 1 dungeon. If you do have to pay for dungeons then its on its way down already. That dungeon could have unique loot and those that don't buy the dungeon will fall behind.

Did NOBODY in this thread READ the follow up to that HORRIBLY misnamed piece in PCGamer?  Go to the GW2 ArenaNet site and READ.

Why is it that people automatically assume that the media EVER EVER reports anything accurately?  Why?  PCGamer is the FOX News of gaming.  Do some research on what they're saying before flying off the handle at assumptions based on the sensationalism used by a media outlet to generate more readers for their CRAP magazine.

Look at all the mentions of PCGamer even just in this thread. Well they GOT the fuckin' attention they wanted. Free publicity for them.

Seriously....go read on....oh nvm (I can't find what I read now). Here's a thread right HERE at MMORPG.com you can read about it:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/295558

Jon Wood actually SPOKE to them, so people....get....a....grip.

Most questions about the present development of GW2 are answered on their developers blog:

http://www.arena.net/blog/

Something that hasn't been confirmed is open for discussion...right?

• darkogeledarkogele Member Posts: 17

they not gona sell dungeons only cosmetic items they not gona short content at all 100% all true

Originally posted by darkogele

they not gona sell dungeons only cosmetic items they not gona short content at all 100% all true

Unless you are an insider I'm going with ANet...

• Seifer25Seifer25 Member Posts: 61

If they start selling dungeons im gonna stop playing.I dont like pay per month or micro transactions for a game.it is rediculous.

Originally posted by lightblade

Micro-transaction model definitely wins over subscription model.

$3~5 per dungeon sounds like something that's acceptable to over 90% of the player base.  Just imagine this, IF WoW changed its business model to micro-transaction in that you pay $3-5 for each dungeon.  Are you going to stop playing it?

May MMO has gone on this model.  I think it's not because subscription is not making money, it's just that micro-transaction actual make more money.

3 to 5 dollars per dungeon is not acceptable. That's when they start popping out dungeons left and right just to make a few dollars and you see dungeons wind up turning into one of those vindictus dungeons.  You can believe that they are thinking of their ways to get their 15 + worth out of you every month. They will come up with so many MT cash shop items that you will feel you need them and it will wind up costing you more than a sub fee just to play the same game everyone else is playing.

Why not just the B2P with the 6 month xpac charges?  Jeez now this is becoming some cash shop freenzy.

Originally posted by Shoju

I don't want to pull out the old debit card every time they pump out a new dungeon.

Then don't.  Any DLC that they sell (outside of expansions) is going to be purely optional content.  It will be up to you to decide if it is worth it to you or not.  Arena Net isn't going to force you to buy it.

They may not force you to buy it, but you will wind up feeling at a disadvantage if you do not buy them.  It may be optional content but if you want the same game as everybody else, you will have to buy them.  I would rather just buy Xpacs with tons of new content than have to buy each individual dungeon or other item armor or whatever else this sort of thing will lead to.