Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alright, What to try now? Throw me a game.

ExavusExavus Member Posts: 200

let's see.. I was on wow a few minutes ago and can't stand how bored to tears I am playing it. Excellent game just 5 years on and off is too much now. can't bring myself to login to EQ2 because i don't like the idea of investing my life into raiding if I want to raid. FF14 was an utter mess so no go there...

LOTRO feels like wow but I don't care about the lore. Age of Conan seems neat but feels like an offline game because I never see anyone.

Considering Darkfall. I have a feeling it will actually push past my boredom and create some adrenaline, who knows.. Might go back to EQ2 if I can find awesome things to do end game that don't involve spending hours hardening myself for difficult raiding. Tried some Project 1999(eq1) simply because it was my first and best online experience but that game is ruthless and bland at this point in time.

Any other recommendations are fine. Thanks guys.

Current MMO: WoW/GW2

Comments

• "Fallen Earth" maybe?

• TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397

Originally posted by Exavus

let's see.. I was on wow a few minutes ago and can't stand how bored to tears I am playing it. Excellent game just 5 years on and off is too much now. can't bring myself to login to EQ2 because i don't like the idea of investing my life into raiding if I want to raid. FF14 was an utter mess so no go there...

LOTRO feels like wow but I don't care about the lore. Age of Conan seems neat but feels like an offline game because I never see anyone.

Considering Darkfall. I have a feeling it will actually push past my boredom and create some adrenaline, who knows.. Might go back to EQ2 if I can find awesome things to do end game that don't involve spending hours hardening myself for difficult raiding. Tried some Project 1999(eq1) simply because it was my first and best online experience but that game is ruthless and bland at this point in time.

Do Darkfall, why? 1) I am in the free trial right now and I am enjoying it (i am a wolf), 2) I have met WORF in real life and 3) you are curious about Darkfall. Let's play together. Respond back. I am down. =)

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Might want to look at Ryzom.  From what I've heard it's quite different, maybe good for a change of pace.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • HolySaint333HolySaint333 Member UncommonPosts: 24

Vindictus! Its free and only a 2 gig size D/L.

Plus its got a different feel to it being as it is real time hack and slash.

If you ask my opinion I'd have to wait for my turn! :)

• ArchidArchid Member UncommonPosts: 210

Vanguard... Altho it might give you the shivers, because its similar to eq and wow apparently. And its low pop too... but its like 5 to 10€ dunno how its in the US... but little money for 30days experience and then you can decide if you like it or not.

the best way to kill a troll is to FLAME ON! ...or with acid...

• ExavusExavus Member Posts: 200

Originally posted by TheMinn

Originally posted by Exavus

Do Darkfall, why? 1) I am in the free trial right now and I am enjoying it (i am a wolf), 2) I have met WORF in real life and 3) you are curious about Darkfall. Let's play together. Respond back. I am down. =)

This is a possibility. I will have to download overnight.

I haven't played Fallen Earth before but from what I understand its a fallout 3 looking MMO which seems kinda interesting. I did try vindictus but only for a few moments. It seems okay.

• ExavusExavus Member Posts: 200

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Might want to look at Ryzom.  From what I've heard it's quite different, maybe good for a change of pace.

I have taken glances at Ryzom and played it for an hour roughly, It seems like a neat sandbox type game but I heard it's a nearly empty world when it comes to players and that turned me away kind of.

I have the same problem with Vanguard. it looks really neat and I did play it for about 2 hours but the lack of any kind of community is weak. it also felt like EQ2.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

If you're interested in darkfall try it.  I will warn although it dose take a lot of skill you still have lvl up just like every other mmo.  It's not an fps in rpg skin.  It's an RPG with fps like fighting.  But, yes your blood will be flowing a lot more than in just about every mmo out there especially when fighting other players.

• ayanakuaayanakua Member Posts: 5

I suggest you try Vindictus or if you are not in USA or Canada, you may try Requiem Online.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

Dawntide

read this, not my post, but i think it's the best explanation about the game i could find, credit to the poster

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/miscellaneous-other-games/2466-dawntide-open-world-sandbox-mmo-open-beta.html#post18304

i was basically sold to the game when i read this post

if you are interested, there are tons of Info at the Dawntide forum

http://www.dawntide.net

oh and they are on the 2nd Phase OB now

full release should be Q1 2011 or even as early as December? not sure, but yeah, worth a try

oh and take a look at the skills you can learn in Dawntide

http://dawntide.wikia.com/wiki/Title , and that is just part of it, more to be included upon full release

basically i think this is what we all have been looking for

So What Now?

• immortall69immortall69 Member Posts: 1

Grab a console... PS3 or XBOX doesnt really matter, and spend the nights with awesome games. That's how i get through... because nowadays, pc games are made only for money $$$, they don't care about gameplay or customer satisfaction. They want t oget you addicted so you would pay (if u really are that addicted yet) a monthly fee. How sick is that ?