Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Thanquol's Incursion In Development

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Thanquol's Incursion is the subject of the latest in-house Bioware Mythic developer diary by Keavan Freeman on the official Warhammer Online site. Thanquol's Incursion is a Skaven themed 24v24 RvR instance. The diary covers the lore behind the instance, highlights some of the important denizens and describes the development process behind Thanquol's Incursion.

During Boss fights, you will see a new UI element; something we, in the office, lovingly refer to as the Win-o-Meter. A horizontal bar represents the total number of points possible in the current boss fight. Shields above and below this bar indicate your realms’ progress: the farther to the right the shield is, the greater number of points your realm has earned. At the end of a Win-o-Meter enabled fight, the side with the most points wins! Points are earned by killing enemy players, and by damaging the boss. Points are lost each time you die. So... yeah, don’t die.

Read more here.

There will be a mass playtest of the Thanquol's Incursion on Public Test Server on October 20th.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

hmm if they you know start adding content and fix things like this the game will bounce back

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by Frostbite05

hmm if they you know start adding content and fix things like this the game will bounce back

They are also adding big changes to open PvP, trying to bust up the zerg. Already on the test server. Overall, feedback is positive with some suggestions for smaller tweaks.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• RomseRomse Member Posts: 198

nice... if only they had this a year ago.

This game could have retained 1 million subscribers had it came a year later fully fleshed out with that LotD expansion on the horizon...

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

I see a re-subscription on my horizon. 

Steam: Neph

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

I'm surprised that this game is getting the love its getting.

You would think after all the firings & server mergers EA would have closed this down.

Yet here we are, new content, expansions and revamped ORvR...

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• DarbiusDarbius Member Posts: 15

I have already resubbed to the game.  I was sick of wow and the rvr/pvp is vastly superior to the arena-obsessed WoW.

I also find the lore in Warhammer and the careers to be much more exciting and creative.  Really I just like Warhammer better and I finally feel like the game is becoming what it was meant to be (after all this time).

Yoink.adios\losers

• DarbiusDarbius Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Rockgod99

I'm surprised that this game is getting the love its getting.

You would think after all the firings & server mergers EA would have closed this down.

Yet here we are, new content, expansions and revamped ORvR...

Let's face it.  EA is still giving Ultima Online and DAoC love so why not WAR. :P

Yoink.adios\losers

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Originally posted by Darbius

I have already resubbed to the game.  I was sick of wow and the rvr/pvp is vastly superior to the arena-obsessed WoW.

I also find the lore in Warhammer and the careers to be much more exciting and creative.  Really I just like Warhammer better and I finally feel like the game is becoming what it was meant to be (after all this time).

I may come back in some more time. I really love the WAR universe and lore (especially the greenskins and chaos) and really want to get into this game but never can.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• maidethmaideth Member UncommonPosts: 5

too bad the servers are so laggy,and now it's 2 months that this situation goes on,still no fix

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by skeaser

I may come back in some more time. I really love the WAR universe and lore (especially the greenskins and chaos) and really want to get into this game but never can.

Yeah I think im going to give this game another 6 months to cook.

See what Bioware can do with this bad boy.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• AlexisfireAlexisfire Member Posts: 52

Originally posted by maideth

too bad the servers are so laggy,and now it's 2 months that this situation goes on,still no fix

You're on EU servers right?

try Us server, i noticed and incredible difference :)

• MaendauronMaendauron Member Posts: 118

There is no lag on the server I played on, very smooth.

• RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298

New content, and especially a new expansion should fix some of those old problems, and after having tried the game for 14 days through the new promo-event, i can only say that the population has gone up a little and even if its not a constant zerg in RvR areas, you can still feel the action going on there, unlike a while back when RvR lakes in T2 and above were deserted. 

I am surely going to resub. soon as i have seen many improovements

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Let's face it.  EA is still giving Ultima Online and DAoC love so why not WAR. :P

But they canned Tabula Rasa and Sims online which both had just a few subs less than WAR so they are somewhat unreliable.

But it sounds like a pretty good addition to the game. There are still a lot more to do if they want to start climb in subs again but adding stuff like this at least proves to the current players that they still are working on the game and that is pretty important.

They did fire some Mythic people a short while ago, the guy who wrote the blog and named himself "EA louse" were among them so not all is good in Mythic.

I wonder what Bioware-Mythic will do if TOR do badly?

• Maleus666Maleus666 Member UncommonPosts: 75

Complains, complains, ppl who cries about this game is because dont like PvP. This game is PvP, not PvE such WoW. So GTFO and stopp the cry.

About the new dungeon,  I guess we could have something better. No reason for that Dungeon. I hope to have good news about it.

Go to hell!

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Originally posted by Loke666

But they canned Tabula Rasa and Sims online which both had just a few subs less than WAR so they are somewhat unreliable.

But it sounds like a pretty good addition to the game. There are still a lot more to do if they want to start climb in subs again but adding stuff like this at least proves to the current players that they still are working on the game and that is pretty important.

They did fire some Mythic people a short while ago, the guy who wrote the blog and named himself "EA louse" were among them so not all is good in Mythic.

I wonder what Bioware-Mythic will do if TOR do badly?

I believe Tabula Rasa was actually closed by NcSoft.

• RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298

Originally posted by talonkun

https://ealouse.wordpress.com/2010/10/12/hello-world/

There's some SERIOUS LOLs in there :D

and the comments posted below is even more funny. Still I pity the people that gave all and got nothing. I hope none of them lost their friends and family due to breaking sweat 24/7 to try and make this game successful.

Damn that really burns, company issues and thus job problems of the employees, are of course pure drama and from the way this whole "rant" flows down in lines upon lines of shocking information disguised behind a thin layer of smoke (i hope that whoever posted as EA Louse wont be pursed by law, as there are names of people in not so nice circumstances, and surely not in dignifying situations),  i can but ask myself if this is somehow reliable. Who can prove that EA Louse is or was an actual employee of  Bioware Mythic, detailing some actual facts ? Even if he or she was an employee, all this post is nothing but  the reaction to her or his learning that they will be fired.....doing so can cause nothing good or respectable.

I, as one of those that red the post, can only laugh at it, just like you laugh at everything that happens in the tabloids,  for this, if it proves to be true, is nothing but a scandal and even if it wont prove true it still will cast Warhammer in a deep hole. It won't certainly help the gamers trying to subscribe to raise the game's population.

Its a shame how things went for EU Louse's job, many of us had terrible job experiences, but this post can do nothing good to this person, but causes only harm, and to many indirect victims.

• BoqokBoqok Member Posts: 15

24x24 PvP instance.  Can you say AFKers?  Can you imagine that, crap even WoW's BGs are littered with it.

With GW2 and KoR around the bend, I'm not sure I am interested in being dissapointed again in WAR.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by Boqok

24x24 PvP instance.  Can you say AFKers?  Can you imagine that, crap even WoW's BGs are littered with it.

With GW2 and KoR around the bend, I'm not sure I am interested in being dissapointed again in WAR.

In WAR scenarios, you get auto-kicked and get little to no XP if you are AFK.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• BjinoBjino Member Posts: 5

I really wanted this game to be a great success. I was a big DAoC Fan until ToA, and I was hoping for some of that magic with WAR. I couldn't have been more wrong. What a terribly developed game. Poor design choices from the ground up, terrible client and more bad decisions on how to repair the damage. I paid for back to back 6 month subs hoping against hope they would have a magic patch, but it wasn't to be.

T1 and T2 aren’t bad and can actually be fun with the right population density, but in T3 the really problems start to show, zerging, graveyard zerging, I have been killed and then ran right back to battle and killed the person who killed me while they still hadn’t recovered from our previous fight. Boring, monotonous ORvR where we fight from the foot of our warcamp to the foot of theirs and back again for no real reason. Standing around waiting for a ‘tick’, this has to be one of the lamest mechanics ever, stand and do nothing to wait from some points. I have 6 chars in the 33-36 level range because I just couldn’t stomach the sheer monotony of T4 and the ridiculous CC, it’s as if they learned nothing from the AE-insta-stun/mez from DAoC.

And they neglected the one thing they were actually doing pretty well. Scenarios. Instead they nerfed them because, (and this kills me) people were using them!! My goodness well we better put a stop to that right away and force people out to our weakest feature ORvR!2 years and very little attention is paid to scenarios, no ladder system, no website stats nothing.

And just sloppy polishing, two years later and I still get stuck on flat rocks. Grrr.

I still play a trial account since T1 is still mostly fun, even if it is only one zone and the subscription twinks are using high level potions I don’t have access to but still fun.

I am thoroughly convinced DAoC was a fluke, pure luck or the developer(s) who actually had the good ideas left shortly after release.

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

Originally posted by Bjino

I really wanted this game to be a great success. I was a big DAoC Fan until ToA, and I was hoping for some of that magic with WAR. I couldn't have been more wrong. What a terribly developed game. Poor design choices from the ground up, terrible client and more bad decisions on how to repair the damage. I paid for back to back 6 month subs hoping against hope they would have a magic patch, but it wasn't to be.

T1 and T2 aren’t bad and can actually be fun with the right population density, but in T3 the really problems start to show, zerging, graveyard zerging, I have been killed and then ran right back to battle and killed the person who killed me while they still hadn’t recovered from our previous fight. Boring, monotonous ORvR where we fight from the foot of our warcamp to the foot of theirs and back again for no real reason. Standing around waiting for a ‘tick’, this has to be one of the lamest mechanics ever, stand and do nothing to wait from some points. I have 6 chars in the 33-36 level range because I just couldn’t stomach the sheer monotony of T4 and the ridiculous CC, it’s as if they learned nothing from the AE-insta-stun/mez from DAoC.

And they neglected the one thing they were actually doing pretty well. Scenarios. Instead they nerfed them because, (and this kills me) people were using them!! My goodness well we better put a stop to that right away and force people out to our weakest feature ORvR!2 years and very little attention is paid to scenarios, no ladder system, no website stats nothing.

And just sloppy polishing, two years later and I still get stuck on flat rocks. Grrr.

I still play a trial account since T1 is still mostly fun, even if it is only one zone and the subscription twinks are using high level potions I don’t have access to but still fun.

I am thoroughly convinced DAoC was a fluke, pure luck or the developer(s) who actually had the good ideas left shortly after release.

There are no "subscription twinks". You can't stop the game's experience, but you can't know since you barely have played the game... If someone has an advantage in t1, it's you.

• BjinoBjino Member Posts: 5

What I mean by 'sunscription twinks' are subscribers who create an enless trial account and load them up with goodies.

• SevenOmaticSevenOmatic Member UncommonPosts: 177

If only EA would have show this much love to Earth and Beyond...

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I'm really looking closer at resubbing for WAR, although I had fun back then it got repetitive at some point and I ended up not caring anymore.

I'll probably start all over again with another class though.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This game will never be great, mainly because Games-Workshop won't allow deviation from their IP.  Building a MMO from an existing board game IP is an impossible task unless the IP owners allow you to adjust ruleset and lore.  Won't happen in this setting, just making this game an also ran.  You want good pvp, try DAoC, it makes Warhammer look like a childs game.

The game definitely needs a third faction.

Adding to this game is just throwing money down an open drain.