Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

TERA gets SUBSCRIPTION and ITEMSHOP

1568101116

Comments

  • NocHKNocHK AlicantePosts: 2Member

    Cant belive there are pple who spread their ideas as facts and cant belive either that there are pple beliving that ideas so fast, Hope next time i pop around can see this lame thread gone.

     

    i think ill go try this game coz at least is a new fresh good idea, if sux, ill leave, if not ill stay its easy but... i guess the first thing to b done is jsut test it :)

    btw rift is more of the same with a new colour, click target click atk click target... bah and the graphics with that low gamma on the vids xD just to try make they look good or something?

    No Signal of a Sign.

  • paterahpaterah ThessalonikiPosts: 578Member

    EDIT: Mistake. Thought I was posting in the gw2 forums.
  • NudlesNudles CoimbraPosts: 52Member

    Originally posted by paterah

    EDIT: Big mistake.

    Still, i managed to read it and would say, the apreciation of 2 unreleased games' content is premature and saying Tera's graphics and art direction are better than GW2 is a a subjective opinion.

     

    Anyway...

  • paterahpaterah ThessalonikiPosts: 578Member

    Originally posted by Nudles

    Originally posted by paterah

    EDIT: Big mistake.

    Still, i managed to read it and would say, the apreciation of 2 unreleased games' content is premature and saying Tera's graphics and art direction are better than GW2 is a a subjective opinion.

     

    Anyway...

    I wasn't saying TERA's graphics are better than GW2. I was saying that I think Rift has a better art direction and better colors than those of GW2. But now that you mention it, I also think TERA's graphics are better than GW2.



  • Still, i managed to read it and would say, the apreciation of 2 unreleased games' content is premature and saying Tera's graphics and art direction are better than GW2 is a a subjective opinion.
     
    Anyway...

    I've played both games in their beta stage, and Tera graphic is better thanks to scalability of unreal engine over havok. Imo of course.

  • Shiseiten83Shiseiten83 SingaporePosts: 29Member

    Items sold at item shop are purely for vanity purposes or for stats enchancment ? If its the latter. no thanks i will skip this game.

    Games on my waiting list:
    Guild War 2
    Tera
    Rift
    Forsaken World

  • RynneRynne Oklahoma City, OKPosts: 497Member

    Originally posted by Shiseiten83

    Items sold at item shop are purely for vanity purposes or for stats enchancment ? If its the latter. no thanks i will skip this game.

     For about the 1000th time said IF there will be a shop it will be only for vanity items. En Masse said that this won't be an item shop game.

    image

  • Shiseiten83Shiseiten83 SingaporePosts: 29Member

    Originally posted by Rynne

    Originally posted by Shiseiten83

    Items sold at item shop are purely for vanity purposes or for stats enchancment ? If its the latter. no thanks i will skip this game.

     For about the 1000th time said IF there will be a shop it will be only for vanity items. En Masse said that this won't be an item shop game.

    Thanks for the clarfication This game shall be on my waiting list together with guild wars 2. I really do hope this game lives up to our expectation as FFXIV has failed badly.

    Games on my waiting list:
    Guild War 2
    Tera
    Rift
    Forsaken World

  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Sugar Grove, VAPosts: 1,550Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by canibusclub

    TERA is not even on my radar anymore. I looked at it said meh, looks like a cheap ---- or LINEAGE rip off.

     

    Funny you say that.. They were sued for using stolen L3 source code which they bought from somewhere.

    Oh well.. Another asian built game that is going to fail miserably in the US / EU.

    image

  • slim26slim26 madison, WIPosts: 649Member

    Slow down people, it may not be bad at all. It just may be for looks, pets and housing stuff, just relax it's not out yet.

  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148 1, NJPosts: 6,690Member

    This mmo looks horrific. I'm shocked people actually think this game is good. Then again, when people are desperately searching for the next big thing in mmos they will try anything I guess.

    30
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper LondonPosts: 2,751Member

    Originally posted by SaintViktor

    This mmo looks horrific. I'm shocked people actually think this game is good. Then again, when people are desperately searching for the next big thing in mmos they will try anything I guess.

    I have to say I agree with this, the only ting that is of half interest is the combat system.

    "Come and have a look at what you could have won."

  • IylzIylz Burgaw, NCPosts: 107Member

    Tera = pooooooooodoooooooooo

    They lost me when they dubbed themselves "Next Generation MMO", that line alone made me say, pfffft to Tera.

    Wannabe AAA MMO's are flooding the market at AAA prices.

  • Seifer25Seifer25 Theess, NVPosts: 61Member

    Im happy that all other mmos are going to fail in comparisson to Gw2.

    In that way we will be one big Gw2 familly.hahahaha

    Furthermore other studios will learn not to add subscriptions to mmos and ruin the players pockets and as a result they will go free as well. Otherwise they will not survive:)

     

    I bet on Gw2.You can bet on anything else you want but you will loose.

  • slim26slim26 madison, WIPosts: 649Member

    Lmao you guys are serious about TERA being horrific? OK I can not wait for TERA to prove you all wrong, add me to buddy so when TERA hit 2011 it will be that AAA next gen, I'll even bet money on this seriously bring it.

  • ste2000ste2000 londonPosts: 4,706Member Uncommon

    I wasn't interested in Aion 2 (or Lineage 3) before, now with the cash shop there are absolutely zero chances.

  • stayontargetstayontarget Tacoma, WAPosts: 6,068Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by ste2000

    I wasn't interested in Aion 2 (or Lineage 3) before, now with the cash shop there are absolutely zero chances.

    There is no cash shop in tera, but you will be able to find one in GW2  ^^

    Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

  • Jimmy562Jimmy562 FlimwellPosts: 1,099Member Uncommon

    Not to bothered. As some have mentioned, if they are fluff items i couldn't care less. TOR will be my main MMO next year anyway (If it actually is released next year) but i do plan on getting TERA as i think it looks pretty damn good. Long as the items they sell are not needed to enjoy the game or be competitive then i'm happy. If they are then who knows. I'll probably still play the game.
  • choujiofkonochoujiofkono no, OHPosts: 852Member

        I have zero intention of ever playing this game but if you guys think that they are hinting at an item shop this early and are going to stop at fluff items you are crazy.  Look at the trends that people have set in other games with these systems.  If any developer even mumbles the word item shop+sub you can pretty much guarantee the game is borked.  The hat you would have gotten with the sub?  Item shop.  The decent paced leveling so the game felt fun?  You gotta buy the elixer of {insert xp leveling schpeel here}.  Having enough stats that you don't have to sit and take a break between every fight?  You need the "super buff 2000".  They create these "fluff shops" in a way that purposely fuels the need for people to use them. 

    image

    "I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"
    image

  • DookzDookz ManilaPosts: 551Member

    A cash shop in TERA is an open possibility.

    There may be a point in time of TERA's lifecycle that we offer "vanity item" sales, pets, and other items that players have enjoyed in other AAA+ titles.

    http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showpost.php?p=201423&postcount=1

    Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

  • RynneRynne Oklahoma City, OKPosts: 497Member

    Originally posted by Dookz

    A cash shop in TERA is an open possibility.

    There may be a point in time of TERA's lifecycle that we offer "vanity item" sales, pets, and other items that players have enjoyed in other AAA+ titles.

    http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showpost.php?p=201423&postcount=1

     I guess this has to be posted so many times. Everyone that posted about an item shop has to be so embarassed.

    image

  • qombiqombi Unknown, LAPosts: 1,180Member

    Originally posted by Hedeon

    Originally posted by Emhster

    Well, let's see what's in store... If it's for different dyes or a celestial pony I could care less.

    Also from Massively:

    Senior Community Manager of En Masse Entertainment has responded to some of the player concerns: "A few folks have expressed concerns that TERA users are going to have to pay micro-transaction fees in order to play TERA; that's not the case. We'd like to clarify that TERA is a subscription-based game, not a micro-transaction-based game. As gamers ourselves, we believe that our fellow players shouldn't be required to pay micro-transaction fees in order to have a great gaming experience."

     

    guess you are one of those spending money on vanity items on top of your subscribtion pff.

     

    NO NO NO to sub + box + itemshops!  

    Amen, if I am buying boxed games and paying a sub .. I best be getting the COMPLETE game. I will drop this game like a bad habit just as I have dropped others in the past that try this scam.

  • SwaneaSwanea Vegas, NVPosts: 2,368Member Uncommon

    Aren't many AAA MMOs out that don't have a cash shop. 

    Call it what you will, but it is in every game pretty much now.

  • RynneRynne Oklahoma City, OKPosts: 497Member

    Originally posted by qombi

    Originally posted by Hedeon

    Originally posted by Emhster

    Well, let's see what's in store... If it's for different dyes or a celestial pony I could care less.

    Also from Massively:

    Senior Community Manager of En Masse Entertainment has responded to some of the player concerns: "A few folks have expressed concerns that TERA users are going to have to pay micro-transaction fees in order to play TERA; that's not the case. We'd like to clarify that TERA is a subscription-based game, not a micro-transaction-based game. As gamers ourselves, we believe that our fellow players shouldn't be required to pay micro-transaction fees in order to have a great gaming experience."

     

    guess you are one of those spending money on vanity items on top of your subscribtion pff.

     

    NO NO NO to sub + box + itemshops!  

    Amen, if I am buying boxed games and paying a sub .. I best be getting the COMPLETE game. I will drop this game like a bad habit just as I have dropped others in the past that try this scam.

     Oh rly sherlock? Do you realise that all worthy sub based games have a vanity shop these days? I don't like it either but what can you do? Not play any MMO at all?

    image

  • SgtFrogSgtFrog LondonPosts: 5,001Member

    Please close this thread, it had already been said that the information was false.

    image
    March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

1568101116
Sign In or Register to comment.