Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are girls playing MMO's hotter than those who don't?

Yeah, i think they are. What do you think? 

0______________x

BOOOM BABY BOOM!

Comments

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

Depends.

Considering all of the married 40 year old cougars driving cross country to bang 16 year old boys; if you're in to the older and experienced crowd.

Most of the girls I've met who chime in when I'm talking about games with friends aren't usually that hot. I will say they're generally well mannered and intelligent. Personally, this makes a girl more attractive than over all hotness in my opinion.

Women replacing their social lives with online gaming kind of skeeze me, but I would think that would be unattractive to them as well. I had a friend lose his wife over his gaming addiction, and it was kind of sad to see all of that unfold.

I feel like a downer here now. Um..

• PHAT LEWT & EPIC BOOBZ WIN!

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

No they ain't.

However, according to my own experiences with relationships and the way I witnessed those of friends develope, I can safely say that if you are a gamer (and I mean with that people who not only play online, but have an interested in all kinds of games, like p&p RPGs or card games or board games or whatever), you better have a partner who is also interested in gaming. Not necessarily on the computer, but who is at least suggesting on his/her behalf to join conventions, organize gaming evenings or similiar.

Sure, it can work without having the same opinion with that. I tried it, and it was annoying. Like I told her "hey, next weekend is a gaming convention in a nearby town, I'll go there with friends and check it out, probably stay there the night too. You wanna join?". She: "no thanks". Me: "ok, but I won't be in my flat on that weekend". The weekend arrived, I'm having a blast at the convention, it's an early evening. Then she phones me saying "I'm at your flat, where are you? It's late". Nope, that will not work out.

On the other hand: next week is a huge gaming convention (board games, card games etc, nothing about computers) in a nearby town. I'll be there, with one of my best friends (who is a girl) and some other good buddies, and will meet there another two girls I got to know on gaming evenings.

So: hotter? No. More fun: yes. Not necessarily MMOs, but just beeing interested in gaming.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    My wife plays mmos. I don't know how hot other gamer chicks are but my wife is freaking stunning. There's a reason we made four babies I'n five and a half years...

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

Originally posted by Rockgod99

My wife plays mmos. I don't know how hot other gamer chicks are but my wife is freaking stunning. There's a reason we made four babies I'n five and a half years...

We need pics for proof! Naked ones!! :)

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Given that recent slideshow of females from the convention, one would be hard pressed to say that they are.

Then again, one would be hard pressed to be certain of the gender of some of those persons appearing in the slideshow.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• Gardavil2Gardavil2 Member Posts: 394

"HOT" is in the eye and mind of the beholder.

What is "hot" to you or others may not be "hot" to me at all.

nuff said.

I am the Player that wonders... "What the %#*& just happened?!"
    "I Believe... There should be NO financial connection or portals between the Real World and the Virtual in MMOs. "
    __Ever Present Cockroach of the MMO Verses__
    ...scurrying to and fro... .munching on bits of garbage... always under foot...

Actually, what do you think these 'hot' girls think of guys that play MMO's? Are they hot or not? :)

They probably dont give a shit as erm they are playing a game and not looking for sex.

• DaitenguDaitengu Member Posts: 442

I'm of the opinion that some are, and some aren't, some are crazy, and some are sane.  Pretty much like my town, except every woman I meet in my town is crazy <.< God I hate Kansas.

Originally posted by immodium

@ access.
    She's part Columbian, part Brazilian and Italian. To this day walking through Brooklyn heads turn her way like she's famous lol.
    I'm extremely lucky.

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Wow that's like rapidfire machinegunning.  I bet your doctor needs a new catchers mit!

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

Originally posted by choujiofkono

Wow that's like rapidfire machinegunning.  I bet your doctor needs a new catchers mit!

Lol!!!! We had all four before she was 23. Our youngest son is six.

@ access. She's part Columbian, part Brazilian and Italian. To this day walking through Brooklyn heads turn her way like she's famous lol. I'm extremely lucky.

You sound extremely lucky dood.

Had something similar myself, untill I messed it up.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

I had the rose tinted glasses, personally.  It was about three months after the divorce, that I realized that I had been married to the woman responsible for making Hogger hide out in Elwynn...

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

Originally posted by VirusDancer

I had the rose tinted glasses, personally.  It was about three months after the divorce, that I realized that I had been married to the woman responsible for making Hogger hide out in Elwynn...

Most of the male gamers I know are either divorced or struggle to hold on to a women for an extended amount of time. It takes a tolerant women to put up with a mans video game hobby. This is why I tell my buds to find a chick that plays either mmos or is a normal gamer. Regular chicks just don't get it.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Most of the male gamers I know are either divorced or struggle to hold on to a women for an extended amount of time. It takes a tolerant women to put up with a mans video game hobby. This is why I tell my buds to find a chick that plays either mmos or is a normal gamer. Regular chicks just don't get it.

Oh I dont' know about that.

I've never dated a girl who games and most of my relationships last several years and then dissolve because we realize we are different people, want differet things etc.

but my playing games has never been an issue. As a matter of fact they've all thougth it cute and would even rip on me for stupid stuff in games. Such as Neverwitner nights with the "sleep" button that looks like a sun but could also look like an eye with eyelashes. I had a girlfriend would would slowly come up and then ask "is that the mascara tool? Are you playing dress up"?

I think that is because I don't just sit in front of a computer and "game" when I might also have plans with my girl friend. After all, that's fun too. If I'm using all my spare time to play games then there really isn't any working on the relationship. And by that I mean "having" a relationship. And that's what a relationship is, making time for them and allowing each other to make time for yourself. So if someone spends an entire weekend gaming then the next weekend could just be couples stuff. etc.

Most people don't get into relationships so they can have their significant other never spend time with them. And what would the point be? I'd rather be single if I was going to spend all my time doing things for myself.

And it doesn't have to be playing games. Could be any other past time. Sports, time with friends, watching movies, going to the gym, etc.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Who really knows, im an old school kinda sexiest pig.

" Hoo Yaa "

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • mverhoevvemverhoevve Member Posts: 56

To me they are lol lol

Originally posted by Sovrath

Oh I dont' know about that.

I've never dated a girl who games and most of my relationships last several years and then dissolve because we realize we are different people, want differet things etc.

but my playing games has never been an issue. As a matter of fact they've all thougth it cute and would even rip on me for stupid stuff in games. Such as Neverwitner nights with the "sleep" button that looks like a sun but could also look like an eye with eyelashes. I had a girlfriend would would slowly come up and then ask "is that the mascara tool? Are you playing dress up"?

I think that is because I don't just sit in front of a computer and "game" when I might also have plans with my girl friend. After all, that's fun too. If I'm using all my spare time to play games then there really isn't any working on the relationship. And by that I mean "having" a relationship. And that's what a relationship is, making time for them and allowing each other to make time for yourself. So if someone spends an entire weekend gaming then the next weekend could just be couples stuff. etc.

Most people don't get into relationships so they can have their significant other never spend time with them. And what would the point be? I'd rather be single if I was going to spend all my time doing things for myself.

And it doesn't have to be playing games. Could be any other past time. Sports, time with friends, watching movies, going to the gym, etc.

Agreed.

Now, the only reason I would have a girlfriend is to cook and clean for me. Also to have sex with. Think I need to order myself a Thai ;-)

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I don't think anyone can really answer this question with any sort of certainty. I know that I have seen my share of some hot ass gamer girls.. mostly at comicon and such...

But on the other end of that.. my wife is hot as shit and she won't touch mmos.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Praetalus

I don't think anyone can really answer this question with any sort of certainty. I know that I have seen my share of some hot ass gamer girls.. mostly at comicon and such...

But on the other end of that.. my wife is hot as shit and she won't touch mmos.

Perhaps what some people are picking up on is a person who they can relate to. If someone has the same interests then they suddenly seem more approachable.

Finding common ground can be enticing.

I looked at that video and though the women in the video were of varying attractiveness (to my taste) I sort of imagined that if they had the "right" personality then they might be viewed as being more attractive.

I've seen women who were drop dead gorgeous only to have them open their mouths and lose all their attractiveness. And I've had conversations with seeminly average women who suddenly became far more attractive just because of who they were.

Another thing is that if a person seem comfortable with what they are doing then that gives them a certain amount of attractiveness as well.

Dress a beautify woman up in some hot outfit but they seem awkward in it and they might seem less attractive than a woman who is more average but who "owns" that dress.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PlurksPlurks Member Posts: 5

Hmmm... I guess, it depends. Most of the girls I know who are playing MMO games and such are lesbians. And yes, they are hot. Anyway, if i should look at it based on my experience before, I think those girls whom you can have a conversation with about your character in a particular game about which class is good, which skill is superb, which quest is challenging is kinda foxy. You know what I'm saying? It's like boys having conversation with girls over basketball. I think they are rare. My ex girl friend used to be my guildmate back when I was still playing Aika NA. Lol. She's really a foxy lady except that we had to break up. LOL.

Go to hell master!

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

Men and Women love competition and attention. Males do it for impression, Women do it through impression. In fact my favorite quotes in the matter are 

“Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed.” ~Alberto Einstein

and 

"Heaven has no rage like love turned hatred, nor hell a fury, like a woman scorned! ~William Congreve

In turn, this question can not be answered because "Hot" is not really about "looks" as much as its about "appeal" or even "sex appeal" any appeal out there. One who finds another hot doesn't mean everyone will believe such a person is hot. So it all comes down to appeal and desire. 

This question translates to "Are women who play MMOs more appealing than those who dont?"

They are two different crowds. A matter of opinion. Online world is more about conventionalism. Play the game, because great. Females appeal to males online simply because they are female or because they can actually play a game...and see that as being different. 

In the real world, females are the way they are....and appeal based on looks, personality or whatever floats another's boat. 

All one has online is the belief a person is of the said gender they claim...but one also has the danger of playing an mmo and having your perceptions altered, through the character a female plays. A super-cute character, may lead a male to believe she has a calmer disposition of the world...or maybe a hyper one...a female character that looks more revealing may throw the perception of being more active and direct....while a female playing as a male character may send the impression of wanting to not be bothered and wants to be one of the boys. No one knows the reason until asked but these perceptions fly around everywhere.

The question really can not be answered....different environment, different rules, no way to gauge between the two. 

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

Actually, what do you think these 'hot' girls think of guys that play MMO's? Are they hot or not? :)

They probably dont give a shit as erm they are playing a game and not looking for sex.

It's a ridiculous question from either direction, because you're talking about millions of people.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

I'll awnser with this ; From where I stand I would much rather go out with a girl gamer then a "romantic" type of girl. The ones where you need to buy that 200$ bottle of wine to please her or have to go see a movie every 2 nights , ugh , not my cup of tea :P   Seriously with that 200$ I could buy myself a sweet Razer mice and keyboard or a nice pair of Reebok Zig tech shoes , hehe.

This discussion has been closed.