Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

War of 2012: Beta Player Interview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The team behind War of 2012 has sent over news about a beta interview featuring one of its top players. The player went into the game, he says, somewhat skeptical given that War of 2012 is a browser-based title. But what he met in game defied his expectations. Check out the interview on the War of 2012 site.

Q. There are literally hundreds of strategy games hitting the market every day, how did you hear about War of 2012, how did you know the game was coming out?

A. I played Fog of War for a long time, I came back to visit and a moderator mentioned it to me, and in turn I told many of my friends that are currently playing.

Q. Tell us a little bit about your favorite features in War of 2012.

A. I like the way troops are used and the fact that there is no need to farm food for them. That was always the worst part to most of the other games like this. If you wanted to be good you had to farm.

Q. How do you feel about the combat in 2012, is the game balanced?

A. It is very different, there is a lot of emphasis on the heroes, and for that reason balanced is difficult to achieve. If you pay to play you are MUCH more likely to get better heroes and be much better in the war aspect of the game, but I do think it's possible to play competitively without buying coins.

Read more of the interview here and get started in War of 2012.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

With all the ads for this game showing big boobs I had to check out the screenshots.  Sadly, I discovered they are deploying the Evony tactic and I left disappointed.  If you are gonna have boobs in the ad's, for the love of god get some boobs in the game!

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• HathiHathi Member Posts: 236

LOL - Boobs in ads = players attention

The marketing that will never fail

Finally - Best site for Chuck Norris
    http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283

Originally posted by Hathi

LOL - Boobs in ads = players attention

The marketing that will never fail

That's getting old or it's me that's getting old?

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283

Is so annoying to read the interview with the background image.

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Another pay to win title.  Don't mind paying for a game, just don't like the endless cash drain these games have.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

They ask for credit card in the registering (for trial), and it's written that they WILL automatically charge you, if you don't opt not to. FUCK THEM! I didn't complete the trial application after reading this shit.