Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So after being let down, What will you play until this game recieves its polish?

ExavusExavus Member Posts: 200

I figure i'll give this a year , they MIGHT hop on their asses and fix it up before the ps3 release but that's just wishful thinking. What are you guys playing? I'm subscribed to wow but that's bland as ever. can't go back to EQ2 that's just done with... Hmm. I'm at a loss of any MMO to fit into.

Current MMO: WoW/GW2

Comments

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by Exavus

I figure i'll give this a year , they MIGHT hop on their asses and fix it up before the ps3 release but that's just wishful thinking. What are you guys playing? I'm subscribed to wow but that's bland as ever. can't go back to EQ2 that's just done with... Hmm. I'm at a loss of any MMO to fit into.

I am currently playing the free to play version of EQ2 and I am loving it.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I would still play FFXIV if I had a bit more free time, because it isn't absolutely terrible.  I mean, it's just nice to get in on the ground floor and actually play an MMORPG other than WoW that actually has some sort of a low level population. As it stands now, however, the game really doesn't appear to be meant to be played casually.  In large part, I blame the crafting system and the lack of an auction house for this, but I won't argue those points in this thread.

I'll most likely dabble in AoC while procrastinating on my school work.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Well, I recently started playing Fallen Earth and am enjoying it.  A bit more interesting than the typical theme park MMO and I love the post apocalypic feel to it.

And crossbows, I really love crossbows.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ExavusExavus Member Posts: 200

Originally posted by bigsmiff

Really? I looked at the limitations and about puked . That's good to hear though if the game is appealing enough despite the restrictions.

• jolting21jolting21 Member Posts: 4

Well i am still going to play this game. The menu lag is not that bad, if you know how to setup macros, the menu lag can be by-passed a great deal. Not to mention the classes can be combined. It took ffxi to make it over here in 1 year, so i think 1 year everything will be better on this game. But that will not stop me from playing it as it is very close to ffxi.

I see why people complain about this game, but it really is no different from most mmo's when they first start.

Really? I looked at the limitations and about puked . That's good to hear though if the game is appealing enough despite the restrictions.

The chat restrictions are annoying, but I haven't ran into any game breakers for me YET.

Originally posted by Kyleran

Well, I recently started playing Fallen Earth and am enjoying it.  A bit more interesting than the typical theme park MMO and I love the post apocalypic feel to it.

I looked at FE but I don't know if I can stare at a dirty armpit of a world for that long and enjoy it. I loved Fallout 3 though.

• bbethelbbethel Member UncommonPosts: 201

I under stand your pain. I was thinking the same thing. Great game but just need a few more months. I was thinking about going to CoH/CoV or Warhammer. Not sure what direction I want to go in.

I will be playing FF14 when it comes to PS3. By then there should be a lot of changes I hope.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

My brother, My guild, and I have all canceled. I still log in a few times a week when I get the urge, but unless some MAJOR content is added and either an AH or searchable Wards Im done.

No clue what I'll play though... nothing really worth playing out there. Most likely I'll stick to League of Legends and Starcraft2 while hoping the next batch of MMO's is decent.

Originally posted by bbethel

I under stand your pain. I was thinking the same thing. Great game but just need a few more months. I was thinking about going to CoH/CoV or Warhammer. Not sure what direction I want to go in.

I will be playing FF14 when it comes to PS3. By then there should be a lot of changes I hope.

Warhammer was a bad game when I played it. I found it to be lacking PVE content really bad. PvP was ok for a while, but gets old.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Originally posted by bbethel

Warhammer was a bad game when I played it. I found it to be lacking PVE content really bad. PvP was ok for a while, but gets old.

They keep enhancing the PvP in that game, but they've failed to address what I feel is a greater problem -- the lackluster PvE content.

Originally posted by Pyrostasis

My brother, My guild, and I have all canceled. I still log in a few times a week when I get the urge, but unless some MAJOR content is added and either an AH or searchable Wards Im done.

No clue what I'll play though... nothing really worth playing out there. Most likely I'll stick to League of Legends and Starcraft2 while hoping the next batch of MMO's is decent.

I've been playing League of Legends somewhat but it doesn't give me the MMO feel. it's just a small battlefield. Fun though.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Originally posted by Pyrostasis

I've been playing League of Legends somewhat but it doesn't give me the MMO feel. it's just a small battlefield. Fun though.

its definitely not a mmo feel by any means...but there hasnt been a good MMO release since 2003... so my choices are limited. Quite honestly I'd love to play eve...I just dont want to have to run a 100 man guild to take some 0.0 space.

Hopefully GW2 or Terra will release this year and one of them wont blow.

• slideluxslidelux Member Posts: 9

you kids are silly. I wasn't let down at all. I will continue to play FFXIV whilst the bandwagon jumpers return when the game meets their superficial level of playability.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Originally posted by Kyleran

I looked at FE but I don't know if I can stare at a dirty armpit of a world for that long and enjoy it. I loved Fallout 3 though.

Ah, but the world looks so much better through the scope of a magnum rimfire rifle.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Originally posted by slidelux

you kids are silly. I wasn't let down at all. I will continue to play FFXIV whilst the bandwagon jumpers return when the game meets their superficial level of playability.

And where have I heard that bedtime story before....lol

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by seabeast

Originally posted by slidelux

And where have I heard that bedtime story before....lol

Actually, EVE is a great example of MMO gamers who wouldn't even give it a first look when it launched, and a lot who play it now wouldn't have given it a try in the state it was in when it launched.

AoC is another example of a game that straightened itself out when it comes to gameplay, up to the point that a lot of people said that it has become a great enjoyable game with fun gameplay compared to how it was at launch.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

I'll be playing FFXIV. It's got rough edges, but I'm having fun and find it far from unplayable. And, as somebody else mentioned, it's neat playing it up from the ground floor.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

I actually thought about starting back up with ffxi for a while. I think I'll still log in xiv and go at an extremely casual pace but until more content is added I'm not going to jump in all the way. I feel like right now all I do is run through my fighting guildleves, my crafting guildleves, then go gather for a bit and then wonder what else to do, I get bored with grinding really quick as well. Sometimes I feel a little masochistic and head into the wards to find something but rarely do. Also, I know there is story but it's just every 10 levels so I do the same stuff over and over in between.

So I think I'll go back to xi for a while where there is more content then I could ever possibly complete and still have RL. FFXIV has an insane amount of potential though so I see myself returning in the future.

• SkoamrothSkoamroth Member Posts: 49

I'm playing AION for the first time and I'm blown away. Awsome game as it is now, but Ive heard its past isnt so great.

• MeliezaMelieza Member Posts: 269

Originally posted by k11keeper

So I think I'll go back to xi for a while where there is more content then I could ever possibly complete and still have RL. FFXIV has an insane amount of potential though so I see myself returning in the future.

I've thought about going back to FFXI too and that is exactly what makes me not.  I played FFXI for four years and it would take me another 4 just to experience everything Ive missed.  Its an awesome thing but its also discouraging.  Its weird.  Its like the game has too much content, and apparently too much of a good thing does exist.

Anyways, Ill keep playing FFXIV too because I know its going to end up having the same rediculous amounts of content as FFXI and I dont want to get left behind again.  I have a lifetime to CO though so I also play that daily.  Looking forward to its new update thats coming.

• SitaelAresSitaelAres Member Posts: 4

NO

• Hrayr2148Hrayr2148 Member Posts: 649

Will continue playing FFXIV and building a solid character along the way.  I want my character to be well balanced so that I have more options when the game does expand.

I really enjoy the game, even with its limitations (ui, market wards, etc).  It's a bad start for SE, but they get a do-over when PS3 releases.   I expect huge changes in the next 6 months, with stead changes/expansions after that.

IT's definetely make it or break it time for SE in terms of mainstream appeal.  My group of friends are going to stay regardless only because its design is something we like and are used to.  But I can see how other's were expecting something else.

It's only 3 weeks old, bad starts are hard to recover from, but SE never intended this game to be WoW's rival.  I think they would be very happy with a sustained 500k subscriber base and I can see them reaching that easily.

All of you who mention AoC, Lotro, Warhammer, none of them compare to FFXIV.   Each game is surviving but not thriving.... the FF name brand is enough to keep the game at least in the 200k range with the PS3 release taking it even higher.

This is a niche game through and through.  Just like 90% of Western gamers HATED FFXI, and yet it was successful, FFXIV will have the same future.  Admittedly, FFXIV has had a worse start that FFXI, but I believe the potential is still there.  

• Home15Home15 Member Posts: 203

You can polish a turd as many times you want its still a turd.

Has nice Graphics tho, but again the fundemental flaw most devs make, graphics doesnt equal good gameplay.

Gameplay first, graphics last, I dont care if i cant see the veins in my arms when I draw a sword, seriously..

As for now im curently playing Single player games or multiplayer games like l4d2.

Im waiting for SWtoR, but im waiting for reviews until im buying, im being lured enough with hype-o-market strategy.

This time my money stays in my wallet, dont care if others are more ahead of me, in the end it doesnt matter.

• CeohaiCeohai Member Posts: 305

I honestly can't see this game ever being good. They can fix the bugs, change up the combat system, overhaul the UI, add an auction house, etc. But in the end I think they'll end up with a world that's still barren, a questing system that's a downgrade from the norm, and an extremely low userbase.

I really wanted to like this game, but crafting and gathering alone are just not enough make a game worth playing.