Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Getting Ready for ORvR

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bioware Mythic developers have let it out that the Warpstone Public Test Server is now online and ready for players to go through the process required in order to play on it. The first event featuring the ORvR mechanic is scheduled for tonight, Wednesday, October 6th.

We're inviting our entire Community out to the Warpstone Public Test Server this Wednesday, October 6th 2010, to put the new ORvR mechanic through its paces. We'll be kicking things off at 8:00 PM EDT/02.00 CET, so be sure to log in early to get set up! Tier 3 templates will be provided, as we'll be testing the night away in the Tier 3 EvC Lake.

To find out how to enable play on the Warpstone Public Test Server, head here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Silly question... What is ORvR anyway? The link to the Bioware site only gives instruction on how to copy your char to the testserver...

• EcabanaEcabana Member Posts: 95

Open Realm Versus Realm.

Similar to Open world Faction versus Faction or PvP. Basically, PvP that is not instanced/Battleground.

• TyrranosaurTyrranosaur Member UncommonPosts: 284

Really.....that might make me come back to try out WAR then. I liked the game, but it seemed to be suffering from an identity crisis of sorts as to whether it was a pve mmorpg or a pvp festival. I did find the pvp in WAR to be better than any other MMO I've tried to date. The thought of a big-name game adopting true open pvp will be an interesting experience, I bet.

Current MMOs: Rift, GW2, Defiance
    Blog: http://realmsofchirak.blogspot.com (old school tabletop gaming and more)

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

anyone know what the difference between RvR and ORvR is? does it just mean open RvR in the whole zone without timers for keeps? sort of like turning the whole zone into a big battle ground?

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233

When WAR first came out in Europe I was on an ORvR server, so the game architecture for it was already in place (i.e. it can already flag anyone for RvR, anywhere). What I want to know is what new mechanic(s) might have been added to support ORvR.

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Jak, RvR stands for Realm vs. Realm, which includes scenarios. ORvR is Open Realm vs. Realm, which means the combat that takes place in the RvR lakes within each zone (and each lake contains the Battlefield Objectives and Keeps that must be take in order to lock, or "flip", the zone under your Realm's control).

• ExpirationExpiration Member UncommonPosts: 4

Also they have added some twists to the objectives and keeps.  Capping objectives will now supply resources to both your warcamp and keep in the area.  This will help in building up your offense/defense for that area.  Not entirely sure what the resources are or how they work yet.  Which is why I imagine they're testing it out tonight :)

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by Expiration

Also they have added some twists to the objectives and keeps.  Capping objectives will now supply resources to both your warcamp and keep in the area.  This will help in building up your offense/defense for that area.  Not entirely sure what the resources are or how they work yet.  Which is why I imagine they're testing it out tonight :)

I'll be there tonight. Waaaaagghh!

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• IzkimarIzkimar Member UncommonPosts: 568

It's already started, it actually started last night.  It's really goin!  The battles are really fun, its not so much huge zergs, but little skirmishes spread out all across the map for strategic purposes.  This will implement a more squad or group play element in the game, it's going good so far.

• fooflingerfooflinger Member Posts: 121

Can someone explain what exactly this update adds to ORvR? I read something about more siege weapons and such i.e aerial bombers but I feel like I'm missing the big additions...Also, what the hells an EvC lake?

Waiting for: Archeage, Darkfall 2.0, and Planetside 2.

R.I.P Shadowbane; The best MMORPG I've ever played...

Check out my amateur gaming blog at: Thegamingbible.com

• cerebrixcerebrix Member UncommonPosts: 566

pvDoor is a thing of the past.  thats the biggest thing it adds.  no more keep lord either.  totally different oRvR mechanic.

this chick game director is honestly the best thing to ever happen to the game.  she plays it, she gets it.

Games i'm playing right now...

"In short, I thought NGE was a very bad idea" - Raph Koster talking about NGE on his blog at raphkoster.com

• 6SlipKnoT66SlipKnoT6 Member CommonPosts: 144

Remove all instances ( PVP and PVE ) = Success. Period.

• AfrodoAfrodo Member Posts: 27

went to website..also for old subs 14 days free for coming back..Nice!

Cant wait to try the ORVR ..souns like its goint to be a blast.

Got to redownload the game so hopefully i can make it in time tonight.