Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: ORvR Coming to the PTS

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bioware Mythic has announced that the Warhammer Online public test server will be updated with ORvR content with players able to access and play beginning October 6th. European servers will be updated on October 8th with developers inviting players to come help test out the changes.

We're very excited to announce the first phase of Mass Play-test events surrounding the upcoming changes to Open Realm vs. Realm combat! 

We're inviting our entire Community out to the Warpstone Public Test Server this Wednesday, October 6th 2010, to put the new ORvR mechanic through its paces. We'll be kicking things off at 8:00 PM EDT/02.00 CET, so be sure to log in early to get set up! Tier 3 templates will be provided, as we'll be testing the night away in the Tier 3 EvC Lake. 

A second (European friendly) test will be hosted this Friday, October 8th 2010 at 21.00 CET/3:00 PM EDT with a final test occurring Tuesday, October 12th 2010 at 8:00 PM EDT/02.00 CET. 

For instructions on how to access the Warpstone PTS, please read here!

So come on out to Warpstone and see the future of ORvR!

We'll see you on the battlefield!

Read more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Skaven!!!! in this patch? awesome if so.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

if so.. i'm definately playing this. new content is what WAR has been lacking.. and lets face it who doesn't love skaven.

Deathmaster Snitch was about the first minature i painted well.... ahhh to be young again (you know 12-13 lol)

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269

I'm willing to re-install and re-subscribe to WAR if things are looking up for oRvR. Whats the general consensus of current players?

• kintrikkintrik Member Posts: 194

current players haven't seen the new system, this wednesday is  the first time we will see it in action.

The new city siege is nice, and that is what they used as inspiration fo the oRvR over haul.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by D_TOX

I'm willing to re-install and re-subscribe to WAR if things are looking up for oRvR. Whats the general consensus of current players?

Things already are up for oRvR. The game is now what it was supposed to be at launch. I started back up a month ago and I've been having a blast!

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• tomtemantomteman Member Posts: 23

Very interesting. I thought WAR was a goner - awesome that they're still developing new content. I do remember finding most of the classes damned boring after T1. Can't hurt to give the old bugger a second chance though since it's free!

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Originally posted by tomteman

Very interesting. I thought WAR was a goner - awesome that they're still developing new content. I do remember finding most of the classes damned boring after T1. Can't hurt to give the old bugger a second chance though since it's free!

Would you toss WAR away if you were EA? Think about it they have a skeleton crew working on the game, it's running on a hanful of old Daoc and UO servers and it's pulling in over 100k subs. Low cost + (100k x 14.99) = stupid to let go.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Warhammer is also simply a solid IP to use for a mass PvP game. It sounds like it has settled in nicely with a stable core set of fans. Warhammer was never going to fail though it has too much of a harsh edge for it to ever be widely popular. War is brutal and few can handle it. Warhammer brings that across nicely.

All die, so die well.

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Originally posted by tomteman

Would you toss WAR away if you were EA? Think about it they have a skeleton crew working on the game, it's running on a hanful of old Daoc and UO servers and it's pulling in over 100k subs. Low cost + (100k x 14.99) = stupid to let go.

I think its far from 100k, but whatever. May give this a go soon./

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438

Im probably going to resub a month for this. The new RR leveling system sounds leaps and bounds better than being baptized by fire until rr60+.

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

I'm thinking of resubbing to this until the big giants show face. Think it's a good idea.

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Originally posted by VikingGamer

Warhammer is also simply a solid IP to use for a mass PvP game. It sounds like it has settled in nicely with a stable core set of fans. Warhammer was never going to fail though it has too much of a harsh edge for it to ever be widely popular. War is brutal and few can handle it. Warhammer brings that across nicely.

Brutal how? as far as i know there isnt any harsh death penalty, neither is it brutal in the way of blood or gore, isnt it T rated? Harsh edge? it seems like a game that was supposed to appeal to the masses, but lacked in content / other areas.

Mortal Online and DFO is Brutal (gameplay wise, harsh death penalty's)

AoC is brutal blood and gore wise.

Now i havent played WAR, but yea as far as i know from what ive read and seen on vids its not brutal in any way.. And im not bashing your post or anything, please elaborate and explain how its brutal :) and we'll see if i agree.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• casperinmdcasperinmd Member UncommonPosts: 10

Originally posted by Zekiah

Things already are up for oRvR. The game is now what it was supposed to be at launch. I started back up a month ago and I've been having a blast!

What do you mean oRvR is up? I resub'd back last month to find out the last 2 oRvR servers were shut down, there was NO open servers anymore, only core. I quit again that same week due to that.

Good to hear they are bringing it back, adn by the sounds of it, it has been reworked some. I will have to keep an eye out for the change lists.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Originally posted by casperinmd

Originally posted by Zekiah

What do you mean oRvR is up? I resub'd back last month to find out the last 2 oRvR servers were shut down, there was NO open servers anymore, only core. I quit again that same week due to that.

Good to hear they are bringing it back, adn by the sounds of it, it has been reworked some. I will have to keep an eye out for the change lists.

ORvr as in world pvp not server type bro lol.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

Originally posted by Proson

Brutal how? as far as i know there isnt any harsh death penalty, neither is it brutal in the way of blood or gore, isnt it T rated? Harsh edge? it seems like a game that was supposed to appeal to the masses, but lacked in content / other areas.

Now i havent played WAR, but yea as far as i know from what ive read and seen on vids its not brutal in any way.. And im not bashing your post or anything, please elaborate and explain how its brutal :) and we'll see if i agree.

Forgive viking, this is probably his first pvp game.  Now he'll post "No its not, I've played blah blah and blah and blah" which will make him look even more ignorant because he should know better.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

The art design is more brutal than most MMOs; more gore, blood, guts, impaled dwarves in goblin cities for example, but yes, not as bad as AoC. Not sure I'd describe it as brutal, but I could certainly see a lot of parents looking at the starter zones and not letting their kids play, unlike WoW or Aion.

War death penalty is laughable, I kill myself regularly for fast transportation. sigh.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629

Originally posted by astoria

The art design is more brutal than most MMOs; more gore, blood, guts, impaled dwarves in goblin cities for example, but yes, not as bad as AoC. Not sure I'd describe it as brutal, but I could certainly see a lot of parents looking at the starter zones and not letting their kids play, unlike WoW or Aion.

War death penalty is laughable, I kill myself regularly for fast transportation. sigh.

True. The imaginary world of Warhammer by itself has a lot of crazy stuff in it.