Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sloppy and unprofessional

frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Ive been here for 2 hours downloading the final activation patch for this game. Its around 26% by now. Ive disabled the firewall et al, with no discernible difference. Its using some kind  of torrent system, it seems im getting most of the patch from other downloaders and sending it to them in return. Download speed is laughably low. IVe read in this forum about someone who downloaded the patch in less than 40 mins. It doesnt surprise me as torrent efficiency will vary a lot with the numbers of people using it.

Its the first time i see a company use this system to download an AAA game. Only dark and light has done this to me before. I could forgive this in a free to play, but not in this kind of product. Sloppy and unprofessional. And cheap. Lets hope the rest of the game is not like that.

Comments

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

Wait until you actually get ingame. Whahah.

No Pun intended.

• AlanakoAlanako Member Posts: 188
    If you downloading still not finished, write which file you are downloading. Close patcher. Install bittorrent client. Open your documents folder. You'll see a folder called my games. Open it and follow untill you see two folders named with numbers. Open the second one. Two folders now, one named patch, other named metainfo. Open patch folder. Move the .patch file you wrote before to the downloaded files folder (im using vuze ant its in MyDocuments/vuze downloads). Move back a folder and enter the metainfo folder. Youll see a file with the same name as the patch file and the .torrent extension. Dobleclick on it and you torrend client should start downloading it where the patcher ended. It shoul took it a few minutes to finish it. Move the patch file back to the patch folder after download ends and start ffxiv again to patch it.
    It sound complicated buts its very easy to do
  • Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

-Go to : Documents/My Games/FINAL FANTASY XIV/downloads/ffxiv/48eca647/metainfo

-Find the D2010.09.19.0000 file.

-Open that file with Utorrent and download the file.

-Go to Documents/My Games/FINAL FANTASY XIV/downloads/ffxiv/48eca647/patch

-Delete the old file and replace it with the one you just download.

-Restart the patcher.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Tried that but it wont allow my torrent downloader to open the file. Surprisingly, when i put it all the way it was, its going much faster. I guess the torrent program theyre using must be bugged too

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Originally posted by freston

Tried that but it wont allow my torrent downloader to open the file. Surprisingly, when i put it all the way it was, its going much faster. I guess the torrent program theyre using must be bugged too

Did you close the patcher before ?  I dunno but i was stuck like you with an horrible patcher speed.  It has been running for over 3 hours and i was not even at 30%.   After doing that above i got the 300mb patch downloaded in 5 minutes.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

yes,  i did close the patcher. I even installed VUZE (i had another torrent) but it says the same thing: this tracker is unauthorized to download the torrent.  Speed has crawled back to snail pace again. Ah, well...patience