Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Setting up billing is a nightmare

Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

They use click and buy and it doesnt seems to like me cause it keep giving Unknow Address Error.  I put every format possible to NO AVAIL.  Anyone else having problem setting up their billing info ?

Comments

• felorefelore Member Posts: 222

did not have a bit of a problem putting in my info.  I put the proper address my bank has me listed as.  zip ziltch notta.  so far the billing was smooth setting up.

• FreeBooteRFreeBooteR Member Posts: 333

I guess this is release day and their billing servers are probably being pounded mercilessly.

Archlinux ftw

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

just use the other option not pay and play or whate ver

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

Really? I thought it was pretty easy.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Originally posted by Aguitha
    They use click and buy and it doesnt seems to like me cause it keep giving Unknow Address Error.  I put every format possible to NO AVAIL.  Anyone else having problem setting up their billing info ?

I could not get it to work from the Square Enix site as it did not accept my correct data.
    But what worked was when i registered first at "Click & Buy" and then registered at Square Enix where i only had to approve the Click & Buy account.

Square Enix customer service is no help regarding to that problem and this is a negative point bcs THEY force US to use "Click & Buy" and therefore THEY have to take care it works flawless all around the world for all languages and all data format!!!

In the end it was a minor inconvenience to me but it may drive away some customers with the same problems.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• B1ightB1ight Member Posts: 109

just pay using Crysta... You can pay with paypal, MUCH easier.. Click & Buy is a pain in the ass.. but it is better then the alternative they used for FFXI.

• FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249

I got same problem....

But then installment and pay option and game setup always takes one to 2 days...

@#$% it.

I gotta figure this thing out, I got 30 before free trial is up.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

Originally posted by birdycephon

Compared to Rocket science, yea its easy.

Compared to every other MMORPG billing system out there, it IS rocket science. 

Leave it to SE, the makers of that wonderful invention 'Playonline', to complicate the obvious:-)

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• B1ightB1ight Member Posts: 109

Originally posted by spankybus

Compared to Rocket science, yea its easy.

Compared to every other MMORPG billing system out there, it IS rocket science. 

Leave it to SE, the makers of that wonderful invention 'Playonline', to complicate the obvious:-)

PlayOnline in its vision was a great idea... See Steam.. Thats what Play Online was suppose to be, but for SE games.  Just turns out they never put anything else on it and create the SE Account instead.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Originally posted by B1ight

just pay using Crysta... You can pay with paypal, MUCH easier.. Click & Buy is a pain in the ass.. but it is better then the alternative they used for FFXI.

Thanks for the suggestion, i just did that, thank god for Paypal, it worked.  I hope i'm done with problems, yesterday it was about patching, ending up having to use Utorrent to download the patch.   I can finally start playing the game i guess on my 2nd day.

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173

click and buy is just terrible horrible payment system. People got bans in EU LOTRO(due to C&B crying about theft) just because they used same credit card for husband and wife. Not to mention it's almost guaranteed that You'll have to phone them or send scans of Your id/card in case of any trouble or just living in not approved country. Paypal is like pure awesomeness in comparison.

Avoid it as much as possible. Heck I would stop playing MMOs at all if it was only payment option.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Just wait till you try and cancel!

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

It definetly is a pain to set up.  Also, if you have any in game items you want to claim, make sure you use the code before you make a character, otherwise you will not be able to get your item.

I discovered that last night after playing several hours and realizing I forgot to put in my goggle code.  I then found out, after you enter the code, the item only appears on characters created after the code has been entered.  Luckily I did a lot of exploring and sociolizing and was only physical 4/rank 2 thaum, so I had a friend hold my money while I deleted and remade my character as to claim my item.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Yeah avoid click n buy like the plaque.  Lucky the Crysta option requires nothing, sure it'll effectively cost me 15/month, but I'd rather pay that then save a buck and deal with that horrible company.  I do not understand why they can't take the payments themselves and cut out the middle man.  Kind of retarded in my opinon and it'll probably cost them a few subs to boot.

As for the address thing, its normal.  Some companies don't even register my address(At&t for example) as a valid service address, yet they send me my bill.  Other don't register it at all and this house has been here for 70years. 

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

Wait a minute cannot use the credit card ?  I cannot use paypal my bank froze our accounts because of the verification thing so now my husband refuses to allow me to use paypal.

Chamber of Chains
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

If you can't even get past the billing setup, this game is NOT for you. You're going to hate it.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Question- once I add the crysta with paypal process what do I do next? Idiot I am :) 

Edited- it is this issue; Also put in a ticket so your account can be flagged. 

Regarding a Character Creation Error on FINAL FANTASY XIV

We have confirmed an issue where even though the registration of service account for FINAL FANTASY XIV has been properly done on Square Enix Account Management System, an error message saying "50002 The proper options must be added to a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account before a character can be created." may appear and unable to create a new character during the creation of a new character. 

Investigation and recovery work is currently underway, but we ask for your patience as this matter is resolved. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause

• mudd4evermudd4ever Member Posts: 158

If you can't even get past the billing setup, this game is NOT for you. You're going to hate it.

You say this, but many seem to agree it's not the most intuitive billing system on the planet, compared to other MMOs at least.

I didn't want anything to do with C&B.  I was going to use my paypal to buy crysta, but it was really easy for me to find an ultimate game card so I went that route instead.

pie.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

I did play the original FFXI and used play onine. I have not yet bought this game but was curious on all these paypal set up.  Are you guys saying that they do not accept credit cards like other games do ? I am old school so not really a problem but paying options would be a problem because pay pal is out for me or face the wrath of husband dearest.

Chamber of Chains
  • seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Naw OP, its part of the game being complicated, think of it as a pre-playing game intro where there are no (!) over the proper place to order the game.

• PhillipVIIIPhillipVIII Member Posts: 62

They're just prepping you for the actual gameplay.

• ziggydawitchziggydawitch Member Posts: 69

no...the pay system stinks.

I've paid to play alotta games, even ffxi, and none of em were as lame as this one.

I'll play, I'll pay...but just like everything else related to ffxiv...it's a step backwards imo

~Ziggy~

If a man speaks in the woods and there's no woman there to hear him...is he still lying?