Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battleforge not on the list?

I know it's not wildly succesful, or an MMORPG per se. It's as close, however, as I've seen to a true MMORTS thus far in the industry, and I've had a really great time playing it these past few weeks.

So, with a persistent online playerbase, PVP, PVE maps, an auction house, trades, and groups being formed for combat and tactics, I'm wondering why the game isn't on the MMORPG.com list.

inb4 the whole OMG IT'S NOT AN MMORPGEEEEEEEEE bull. according to the community here, half of the games on the list aren't MMOs.

Comments

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Personally I think the list should just encompass MMOs, and I think games like League of Legends and BattleForge have a hard time justifying their presence on the list with that criteria (much as I enjoyed both.)

Maybe at some point I'll revisit Battleforge.  It was fun and distinct while it lasted, but felt rather unfinished and limited on content.

But since LoL is on the list, that opens the door for all sorts of non-MMORPGs imo.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• RakipowerRakipower Member Posts: 19

Well from the looks of it (not sure) they released two new expansions and the card list is pretty huge. Community seems pretty active and I havent noticed any severe imbalance or ANY kind of graphical glitches. Seems to run pretty well imo.

But I do agree with you on that point. LoL is a fun game but it's more like a lobbyroom DoTA game. Others like Rakion etc also technically shouldn't be on the list.

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

Your probably end up having starcraft players wanting them to be list too.  Read the requirement to be listed on the forum here.  If you think you reach the requirement, their add it.

It's true there are some non MMORPG are listed here.  But their generally RPG games which you can play online with hubs.  They are at least RPG.  I'm not sure what battleforge is, I never play it, but I think its battle arena.

I'm not sure what's the big deal it's not listed.  Since there are other forums.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Shattered Galaxy is a MMORTS

Battleforge is just a multiplayer game. 

Edit:

Personally, I'd say about 25% of the games added in the last 2 years on this site should be removed, since they are only multiplayer games and not MMOs. Just because a multiplayer game has a lobby, doesn't make it an MMO. 

• thecrapthecrap Member Posts: 433

Originally posted by TheHatter

Shattered Galaxy is a MMORTS

Battleforge is just a multiplayer game. 

Edit:

Personally, I'd say about 25% of the games added in the last 2 years on this site should be removed, since they are only multiplayer games and not MMOs. Just because a multiplayer game has a lobby, doesn't make it an MMO. 

Perfectly said! now don't ask for heroes of newearth

• patricrenopatricreno Member Posts: 5

Or they simply don't like it that's why they didn't include it in the game list. ^^

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

When BattleForge was new I loved it. The graphics were great, economy was good, PvE was exceptionally challenging at higher levels, and especially the voices of the units hilarious, best in any game I ever played. But then they kept patching it to the worse.

First they changed it from having upgrades as rewards for completing maps to tokens, which you could trade in for upgrades. Sure, it removes the pain of having to do the same map a dozen times in order to get a certain upgrade. Yet, it also removed the challenge of having to beat a certain map for a certain upgrade. You'd see people with a certain upgrade, and think "woah, they have beaten thatandthat map on the highest difficulty, awesome!", and you'd try hard to beat difficult maps. Now, you could just grind any maps for tokens for the upgrade you want. The challenge had turned into a chore.

Then they introduced random maps. No bad idea by itself, but combined with the token system meant you'd just grind random maps over and over and over and over and over.....

About that time I stopped playing. I think they introduced next that you could buy tokens for money. So where in the early game only really good players (or those with buddies using voicechat etc) hat acces to the really powerful upgrades, and you'd later had to grind and grind and grind for upgrades, you could now just buy them.

So... I stopped playing. Maybe I will try the game once in a while again, but the changes are all to the worse, and sound for me like "let's milk the player for what we can while still someone plays the game".

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• KadiaKadia Member Posts: 30

I know...How did something like club penguin or habbo hotel get on the list before Battleforge? also Grand Chase.