Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning Warning, new Email Scam for beta invite!!!

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

This looks like a legit Email Beta invite, but its not. I have the link's location at the bottom of the screenshot above the windows icon. That link takes you to a site that looks very similar to Battle Net's log in site, but it is not!!!

What fooled me the first time reading this email, was that it didnt ask for my personal info like the other scams, and this scam has the Blizzard's WoW background.

BUT KEEP IN MIND,,,ITS ALL FAKE ASS SCAM!!!!!

I Highly suggest players to keep a mobile wow authenticator with them in the case they ever want to check your WoW account (ON THE REAL BATTLE NET SITE!!!)

Never type any information regarding your account in any email link. Real, nor Fake,,, never post information to a WoW email link. GO to the site manually if you must.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438

I always wondered why people would even bother falling for a beta invite telling you to "Log in and have fun". Not what beta's about, and would be extremely unlikely and professional for any company to say anything of that sort. Seems like a dead giveaway to me.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Thanks for the update. But I just want to point out that there are new scams that come out literally every day!

Remember Old School Ultima Online