Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Return of Legends Begins

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bioware Mythic has announced the start of the "Return of Legends" re-enlistment campaign for all titles in the company's stable. Ultima Online, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, and Dark Age of Camelot players are being invited to return for two weeks of free play time as well as three in-game items fit for a hero's return.

The Reenlisters mean business! The producers for WAR, UO and DAoC come together to give you the low-down on the 'Return of the Legends' player reenlistment campaign. Check it out! Visit your games account pages to re-enlist! Ultima OnlineWarhammer Online and Dark Age of Camelot.

Find out more at the links above and be sure to click the image below for a pretty funny video to announce the campaign. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

According to the video this starts on the 28 th September . I tried logging into Warhammer Online today with my account but could'nt . I also checked my email for notification on the free two weeks but had'nt recieved any . Dos anyone know if this is active yet ?

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

I indeed just managed to activate it ... got an EU account.

Funny thing ... i never bought this game, i played the open beta only.

Do a account name retrieval from their login page .... they changed account names due to mergers.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

That video shows that WAR is the only game with a female producer, hmmm.. Also the only game that failed. lol

Edit: Skaven are coming? I'll play lol

Add  _EURO behind your account name.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by psyknx

That video shows that WAR is the only game with a female producer, hmmm.. Also the only game that failed. lol

With the exception that she was not the producer at the time of development or even launch for that matter. She took over several months after release once the former producer was fired / quiet. If anything she has attempted to turn the game around more then anyone else and there has been more updates now then there was before.

• neodavieneodavie Member Posts: 278

Originally posted by psyknx

Except she wasn't there at launch, the old producer was fired. Also define "failure" and "only" because if I'm not mistaken WAR is still going strong and there are several games that are no longer going. APB, Tabula Rasa, Fury, etc.

Originally posted by GTwander:

How are you an MMO? Or any of us for that matter?

I say we strike all users from the site for not being MMOs.

Lol I love this, keep em coming!

• shamus252shamus252 Member UncommonPosts: 226

Game Performance and Stability - WAR now runs faster than a snotling in a sugar mill without the accompanying crash 

HAHA my ass thats why Badlands is having nothing but stability problems. I cant even have a day of playing without getting booted to character screen a few times and late at nite being hit with server has closed your connection messages.

Sic semper tyrannis "Democracy broke down, not when the Union
    ceased to be agreeable to all its constituent States, but when it was upheld, like any other Empire, by force of arms."

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by shamus252

Game Performance and Stability - WAR now runs faster than a snotling in a sugar mill without the accompanying crash 

HAHA my ass thats why Badlands is having nothing but stability problems. I cant even have a day of playing without getting booted to character screen a few times and late at nite being hit with server has closed your connection messages.

Regardless you have to admit the game does run better now then it did at launch. Even if that is not saying much.

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Its working ok for me now . Does'nt  seam that long ago they gave two weeks free think it was either June or July . Quite usefel for me at the moment as I'm sick with a virus . Will give me something to do while I'm stuck inside .

• pekshmaerpekshmaer Member Posts: 58

WAR is now much better. I dont have any issue, game is drastically changed on positive.

hmm

• vonbose0vonbose0 Member UncommonPosts: 23

Why do they insist I give them my credit card for 2 free weeks. it's so skeevy.

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

Warhammer was screwed from the begining.  I quit again recently due to the ridiculous keep farming realm hopping zergs.  Those idiots enjoy farming defenseless keeps for hours for easy rp / xp.  No challenge = no fun.

Tier 1 is great.  No keeps to farm and there is always action.  You see the enemy alot because the rvr lake is small. 

I don't mind the idea of keeps but war has too many pairings, too many pqs, too much game for the small population (which gives the illusion, true or not, that war is empty and dying, a failure).  Take out the useless pairings, have everyone funnel through the same content and I'll come back.  Funneling everyone through the same content will give everyone a chance to see and fight the enemy more often.

In other words, make warhammer more like daoc (which everyone wants a new version of anyway).

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

........and add another faction, war seriously needs another faction.

• yoyoyoblakayoyoyoblaka Member Posts: 199

Originally posted by vonbose0

Why do they insist I give them my credit card for 2 free weeks. it's so skeevy.

agreed, I know it just makes us cancel the account before the two weeks are over. But still it's one of those things where i'm sure they will get some revenue from people who forget to "officially" cancel the account. 

I tried it, I still have the same problems with the smoothness of UI. I still feel there is a bit of lag between hitting a move and it being done, it is not huge but its still there. Same reason I quit after launch is the same reason I won't come back. 

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

Originally posted by shamus252

Server issues and system issues are seperate things.  if the game isn't crashing your computer or dumping you to desktop every couple of hours then that sounds like an improvement?  Although, I never had problems like that with the game before, my issues were with the game being too much like wow and if I were going to play a game just like wow, why not play wow?  Will have to reload this tho for the free 2 weeks, maybe, lol.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Exact same rewards i got when i resubbed a few months ago, for no reason. These ain't an event rewards.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Going to reload this on my computer for two weeks. Send me a message, Percy on Pragg.

If anything, it'll show me that WoW still did WoW better.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322

didn't ask me for credit card info....

decided to try war and daoc again, having not played daoc for a couple years am interested how the action is.