Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I ate at McDonald's a couple of times recently

GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I hadn't eaten there in several years because of how bland their burgers are. I was surprised to find their Angus burger actually have some flavor.

I doubt I will continue to eat there though.  There's something about paying more than their standard fee to get a hamburger that tastes like a hamburger that doesn't sit well. You're still stuck with mediocre fries too.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Comments

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

I freaking love McDonalds and this thread is full of blasphemy. 

I actually don't even like their Angus Burgers. The top 3 things are:

1. Cheese Burger (not Double)

2. Fish Sandwich

3. Big Mac Snack Wrap

Their Double Cheese Burger is gross. The last time I got one, I had grease pooled in the bottom of the wrapper. Plus, it's just too much meat for so little bread and ketchup. 

Idk why I like their Fish, but I do. It's simple it's good, it's tasty, and I love them.

The Big Mac Snack Wrap looks freaking disgusting. In fact, the first time I saw the commercial I said "that has to be the grossest thing I've ever seen!". But, I tried it once and I got hooked. The thing is freaking tasty and it's easy to eat when you're driving. 

If you think McDonald's Sandwiches are bland, then you should probably stop getting plain burgers. I admit, their meat is sort of bland and flavorless, but it goes pretty good if you get the full sandwich like is what is on the menu. McDonalds is not like Burger King, where they are built around "have it your way" it's more of "you can have it your way, but our way is better". 

• About the only fast food place left that doesn't taste like glue and topsoil is Chick Fil A (however they spell it). I challenge you to get a shake from then, and get a shake from McDonalds or Burger King and tell me it's not lik 300% better.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I've had all three of their Angus Snack Wraps, but it might be something that's only in certain parts of the country. They are pretty tits, especially the mushroom and swiss one.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by Sawtooth

About the only fast food place left that doesn't taste like glue and topsoil is Chick Fil A (however they spell it). I challenge you to get a shake from then, and get a shake from McDonalds or Burger King and tell me it's not lik 300% better.

Chik fil a is the only fast good I go to. I love the original chicken sandwich with some mayo and their waffle fries are great. And I always get a chocolate shake (you are right - best damned shakes) in place of soda.

MD and BK suck.

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

I eat out WAY to often. Culvers, McDonalds, Burger King. KFC sometimes even. I go out like 2 sometimes three times aweek lol. bad i know. I always get Dolar Menu stuff thow. I mean common, $2.11 fills me up for lunch. its perfect! im a fat guy for a reason right? ha ha. Burger King personal fav thow.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

McDonalds is crap. It doesnt even look like food. I do not see how people eat there. image

My idea of " fast food" is grabbing a sandwich from the deli, going some place with a good homecooking buffet, or ordering takeout from just about anywhere. You do know you can call in and get it to go and have it ready when you arrive? LOL

I actually went to McDonalds for the first time yesturday in months. I try to avoid it like the plague and I do ok. last time I was there(before yesturday). My double cheeseburger was able to show my refelction better than my bedroom mirror. So I decieded no more McDonalds....damnt, now I want Taco Bell...curse you all!!

Originally posted by Joshua69

I actually went to McDonalds for the first time yesturday in months. I try to avoid it like the plague and I do ok. last time I was there(before yesturday). My double cheeseburger was able to show my refelction better than my bedroom mirror. So I decieded no more McDonalds....damnt, now I want Taco Bell...curse you all!!

eww Taco bell is gross. image

That IS NOT mexican food. It doesn;t even look edible. This is what Mexican food should look like:

I go to Taco Bell for the cheap prices. and distinct taste that has nothing to do with mexican food ^_^

I go to Taco Bell for the cheap prices. and distinct taste that has nothing to do with mexican food ^_^

The distinct taste of grease and preservative addiction that keeps you in the bathroom for HOURS and rots your organs? image

the only food i have ever eaten that messes with my "bathroom habits" are Prunes. Taco Bell, White Castle...anything really. never really had any discerning effect. As for the ruining of my organs. Its prolly still healthier than McDonalds

the only food i have ever eaten that messes with my "bathroom habits" are Prunes. Taco Bell, White Castle...anything really. never really had any discerning effect. As for the ruining of my organs. Its prolly still healthier than McDonalds

LOL! image McDonalds, Taco Bell, Donuts, and Pizza should never be in the same sentence with " healthier". That isn;t saying much. But I seriously doubt Taco Bell is any healthier. They just do different things to your body in a bad way, it is like choosing which organ you want to kill first. LOL

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

After talking to someone who makes the beans for them, ill never touch the stuff again. There is more fillers in it then plant proteins.. well ok, not really... but it is bad. If I do eat fast food its pizza, Carls Junior food(which rocks) and maybe if I really have a hankering to kill myself I go to taco bell for a soft shell taco. 

My eating habits are more homegrown though. I cook my own good. You name it, I make it. If I do eat out its at local food joints, be it thai, japanese, korean, a class a french joint and last but not least our local buffet. Real food, decent prices. Thats the key. None of the fast crap.

wow. no more Taco Bell for me. thanks!

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Where do you live?

Cheap Prices?

If I go to Taco Bell, I get food that tastes like ass for more than it costs me to get takeout from an authentic Mexican restaurant. Honestly, I think Taco Bell is one of the most expensive fast food places to go. 

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

Originally posted by deviliscious

LOL! image McDonalds, Taco Bell, Donuts, and Pizza should never be in the same sentence with " healthier". That isn;t saying much. But I seriously doubt Taco Bell is any healthier. They just do different things to your body in a bad way, it is like choosing which organ you want to kill first. LOL

Yeah if you're concerned about eating healthy I wouldn't touch any of those foods.

I quit eating fastfood and my body has been thanking me ever since.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Corn syrup greatness.

1 Soda - tons of corn syrup

1 Fries - deep fried in most likely salty corn syrup

1 Hamburger - corn fed cows don't have more fat than muscle, you get to eat more fat in da meat

LOL corn is our dietary god!

Ooops forgot the cows are loaded up on antibiotics, then killed so you get free meds with your meat!

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by deviliscious

The distinct taste of grease and preservative addiction that keeps you in the bathroom for HOURS and rots your organs? image

And Taco Bell adds silica (think beach sand) to their meat.

• CrocolixCrocolix Member Posts: 221

americans arent allowed to smoke a real nice lekker joint lol...but they can die for overusing alcohol and tabac

no democracy in that country

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I like Carls Jr/Green Burrito/Hardees.  When you see it you know its unhealthy and they are very open about this fact.  Also its the only mainstream fast food place you can order a Carne Asada Burrito and if you live near the border get a Carne Asada Burrito.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Originally posted by grunty

I hadn't eaten there in several years because of how bland their burgers are. I was surprised to find their Angus burger actually have some flavor.

I doubt I will continue to eat there though.  There's something about paying more than their standard fee to get a hamburger that tastes like a hamburger that doesn't sit well. You're still stuck with mediocre fries too.

mediocre fries? ARE YOU INSANE?

McDonalds has the best fries of any fast food joint, period.  I don't really care for their burgers, but nobody can touch their fries.

And don't you dare say In-N-Out...their fries suck and are served cold half the time...Oh yes, I would like to floppy fries that only taste good when covered in grilled onions, cheese, and thousand island dressing please!

Also, as far as fast food goes, my favorites are Taco Bell and Jack in the Box...i hardly ever eat at Jack though because it's so unhealthy and expensive as far as fast food goes...Their fries were recently changed though and they're pretty darn good now.

Oh and the Western bacon Cheeseburger is on a 2 for 5 dollars deal right now at most places...hit them up, that's a good burger.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

update;

I just had another Angus Snack Wrap (mushroom & swiss) from Mickey D's, and I've been having the hershey squirts for the last 4-5 hours or so. Think I'm over em now.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• JellypigJellypig Member Posts: 126

Originally posted by GTwander

update;

I just had another Angus Snack Wrap (mushroom & swiss) from Mickey D's, and I've been having the hershey squirts for the last 4-5 hours or so. Think I'm over em now.

hershey squirts... lmfao

• thecrapthecrap Member Posts: 433

The only thing thats worthy for me to order in Mc Donalds in my region is the quarter pounder and milk shake which is very rare rest taste like crap

• erebus890erebus890 Member Posts: 46

I'm a Carl's Jr. fanatic, if any of you have heard of that. I just love their guacamole bacon burgers xD