Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont waste your time

Ive been playing this game since the first closed BETA and it is beyond me how EA can come up with a beautiful well written game like BFBC2 and then turn around and release this cheap port of an old game (if you have ever played any NFS game look around it will all be familiar) and call it an MMO. Save your money play the free version till it dies which after seeing what they call a first patch will be relatively soon. At best this game is an early alpha release and if you pay for any BOOST or the starter pack be warned that people in T1 cars with lower graphics settings I.E. Resolution 800x600 V-sync off and graphics slider all the way down to low and drive with the over the hood view will out run your T3 car that you spent mommy and daddy's hard earned cash on every time. Bottom line is until EA starts over with this game and puts some effort into making a real enjoyable racing game save your time/money and go buy hot pursuit or whatever because this game will NOT last. They got my 20$ don't let em get yours! 

Hugs N Kisses EA 

Love, 

RootAccess 

Comments

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

The frame rate bug is stupid. They left too much validations on the client side. It's a game breaking bug. However, I'm sure they will fix it.

• demented669demented669 Member Posts: 402

I have not run into any frame rate bug, i have the options on max, only seen a few laggy drivers ram pretty much every thing in there way but there not in every race i have been in (about 100+)

for a free game i really have nothing bad to say so far i have not payed any money into the game and have won a few but lost more just got my dodge charger it's stats are lower then my nissan i got at the start and i still won a few races with that

well if anyone likes free nice looking racing games they really need to give this a try

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

I do not understand ...it was 20 bucks and worth it, teh graphics alone was worth 20 bucks, I have zero problems beating people, my avg is 1.21 which means i,m almost always in first place... I have everything on high and I have yet to have the FPS problem , I hear some have had this issue, but I have not... I been playing since beta myself.

The only disappointment for me was the fact of how the set ups are for cars, So many people said it was suppose to be like motor city online , its now here near that, so that was my only dislike about the game.. its 20 bucks give me a break , I ahve spent more on games like Aion that where crap...

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Originally posted by Darkcrystal

I do not understand ...it was 20 bucks and worth it, teh graphics alone was worth 20 bucks, I have zero problems beating people, my avg is 1.21 which means i,m almost always in first place... I have everything on high and I have yet to have the FPS problem , I hear some have had this issue, but I have not... I been playing since beta myself.

The only disappointment for me was the fact of how the set ups are for cars, So many people said it was suppose to be like motor city online , its now here near that, so that was my only dislike about the game.. its 20 bucks give me a break , I ahve spent more on games like Aion that where crap...

ur so gewd at winning

"Frame rate bug" doesn't mean the game has low frame rates. The problem is if you set the graphics to the lowest settings (e.g. 800x600 and minimal quality) your car supposedly accelerates faster.

• joy-stickjoy-stick Member UncommonPosts: 29

The problem i have with the game is that i cant even start the 5 tutorial single player races that i get in the beginning. So icant say much for the game itself though i like how it looks and who cares that the copied all the MW map i loved it the most anyway ^^

• ArgoZex77ArgoZex77 Member Posts: 40

I thought it was a great game until I got to lvl 10 and had to buy a starter pack to be able to progress to any further levels. The game is good, but not good enough for me to pay for. lol

They fixed the frame rate bug. From the latest patch notes: "Using minimum video settings no longer speeds up the game"

• n00baran00bara Member Posts: 79

they got you! sucker!

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

Originally posted by madeye1976

Ive been playing this game since the first closed BETA and it is beyond me how EA can come up with a beautiful well written game like BFBC2 and then turn around and release this cheap port of an old game (if you have ever played any NFS game look around it will all be familiar) and call it an MMO. Save your money play the free version till it dies which after seeing what they call a first patch will be relatively soon. At best this game is an early alpha release and if you pay for any BOOST or the starter pack be warned that people in T1 cars with lower graphics settings I.E. Resolution 800x600 V-sync off and graphics slider all the way down to low and drive with the over the hood view will out run your T3 car that you spent mommy and daddy's hard earned cash on every time. Bottom line is until EA starts over with this game and puts some effort into making a real enjoyable racing game save your time/money and go buy hot pursuit or whatever because this game will NOT last. They got my 20$ don't let em get yours! 

Hugs N Kisses EA 

Love, 

RootAccess 

i love how you can make such an assumption when the game is barely out a month. comback in a few months after the bug fixes are done then youll see how long the game will last. oh and by the way BFBC2 was just another crappy FPS. like all FPS games it had 1 single playstyle go from point a to point b and kill anything that shoots at you. no FPS game has ever been original or beautiful.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316

i was in closed beta and thought the game was shocking with nothing new and did not go far enough for any sort of a mmo tag, its basically the first game and badly implemented with little thought or decent dev in it, the fps bug sums up all the game.

i agree with the op and is a waste of time, hopefully TDU2 will be a lot better (out at the end of the month)

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

It does feel very much like the same as the older NFS's, like most wanted for instance, even the maps felt and looked very similar to the single player games, could even swear some places are exact.

If you enjoyed Most Wanted, it's not all bad and it will likely bring back some memories, perfectly good game to hop in once in awhile for some free police chases.

BUT with that said there really isn't any other reason to play it.

-It is chalk full of non-english-speaking-dirty racing-laggers, teleporting all over the place and ramming you off the road at every given chance, followed by their "jajaja" laugh at the finish line (btw hahaha still sounds like hahaha no matter what language you speak lol), it all makes the multiplayer races pretty much pointless and just plain unenjoyable.

-Not to mention the lack of a propper player pairing system, lv5 and hoping for an even race at last? Too bad you'll still normally be facing lv10-20's twice your speed.

-It's cashshop also adds to the negative, given that the only CS model that works (by works I mean makes money) with racing mmo's is to sell faster cars and other enhancements, forcing you to pretty much spend to keep up with others. Pay2Win is exactly what it is unfortunately, and I really do hate to use that phrase.

So basically, even with the "MMO" title, it is still only good as a single player game, just to hop in for a few quick solo races and engage in some police chases (which are instanced when they occur), it's free so if you use it just for that it's not so bad, but really if you own Most Wanted or any other NFS games (which i'm sure most people interested in this would) from the past there is little point in bothering.

It is the same game without the story to keep you playing.

• johnnorttijohnnortti Member Posts: 5

Agree totally, game is a car crash!

Very few English speaking players and full of hackers/cheaters. E.g. Guys not racing then somehow jumping to end of track beside leading car, basically going from last to second.

The game is FTP but the cars you can buy outway the ftp ones by a vast margin. Eg a level 10 car on ftp is worse than a level 1 car you can purchase.

Overall don’t waste your time unless you board for a few hours and fancy crashing some cars.Agree totally, game is a car crash!