Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Planes of Telara: The Plane of Life

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In Rift: Planes of Telara, as its name implies, there are planes of many different constructions. There is the Plane of Death, the Plane of Fire and others that have yet to be revealed. Today, MMORPG.com is pleased to present an exclusive look at the Plane of Life, a plane of beauty but no peace and filled with great danger. Find out about the denizens of the Plane of Life, see the beauty of the plane...and the dangers to unwary travelers. 

There is no ground in the Plane of Life, and there is no sky. Both are overgrown with plants as exotic as they are deadly. Roots clash like enemy armies, shoving and scrambling, while vines bulge together, sprouting thorns to stab each other. Mere survival in this plane means no coexistence or compromise, only constant competition.

Read more Rift: The Plane of Life.

Click the image below for a fly through of the Plane of Life!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

zzzz....

Still nothing much appealing here Rift guyz :(

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• martinentmartinent Member Posts: 8

It would be nice to show newer content. This game looks awesome, but no new stuff yet.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Wow that was a hell of a short "fly through" and really wasn't ablout the plane of life just a small bit of 1 life rift.

Must be a slow news day.

Still looking forward to this title though.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Trion, loving what you are doing, but theres no point in trying to impress this site with words and evocative lore... It just isnt that kind of place.

Style over substance wins you fans here, the flashier the better. Don't spare the irrelevent unrelated but pretty CGI.

• MAnalogMAnalog Member Posts: 86

Originally posted by vesavius

Trion, loving what you are doing, but theres no point in trying to impress this site with words and evocative lore... It just isnt that kind of place.

Style over substance wins you fans here, the flashier the better. Don't spare the irrelevent unrelated but pretty CGI.

Sadly this is true. 

I loved every word of it though, thanks :D

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

They had another lore article a few months ago. It’s an aspect that makes them stand out. In these two lore articles you have as much lore as I have seen on the homepages of Aion and FFIV combined. In FFIV I found that very surprising as the title has a rich story history.

But it does seem that you just don’t need that in a MMO these days, the tea boy can write the ‘lore’. So full marks on the lore front for Rifts. The graphics seem decent enough, but not that innovative. I am not that much of a graphics whore that it is an issue, as long as a certain minimum standard is set then fine. And Rifts is certainly above that standard in my eyes.

• croemcroem Member Posts: 61

It sounds great.

Rift: Planes of Telara is set in a world being torn apart by dimensional “rifts” that tear into the land of Telara, releasing powerful forces that threaten the very existence of the entire universe. Rifts and other dynamic events can be triggered by players, scheduled by the development team, or even occur spontaneously. Dynamic events within the game can lead to a range of changes across the world, including everything from minor events to dramatic shifts in the game's landscape and the opening of new areas. Players will connect with hundreds of thousands of other gamers to battle creatures overrunning the world, as well as each other.

*dragon's call*
    http://www.gamedp.com

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by croem

It sounds great.

Rift: Planes of Telara is set in a world being torn apart by dimensional “rifts” that tear into the land of Telara, releasing powerful forces that threaten the very existence of the entire universe.

You know, when you say it like that I understand why Palladium sued them...

Still, the game will be interesting. They actually got a pretty good crew, not so many MMO companies have that.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

I enjoyed reading that, nicely written :)

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Well the link to the video is a shitty low quatity.

But to me this kind of rift seems more...alien. I liked it.

Would like it even better if there was a link of a halfway decent quality to watch.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

It's still in late alpha and under some heavy NDA. 

I'm really not trying to get my hopes up because I've been let down by so many games in the past few years but it shows alot of promise.  It's the first game I even bothered signing up on the forums for discussion - that says alot because I'm usually too damn lazy to do it.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757

I actually like the lore stuff released. Seeing different things than what everyone else releases kind of makes me more interested because we all know how well all the other games turn out, lol.

It shows there might actually be some depth to the game, but who knows, time will tell. I'll be mildly hopeful, but not expect too much.

• AshrealAshreal Member UncommonPosts: 42

Whoa, shades of EverQuest anyone?

Ashreal D'Synn - Shadowlover & Death's handmaiden

• HoliceHolice Member UncommonPosts: 116

Despite some other comments, I thoroughly enjoyed that read. Can't wait to see where this game goes and how well the devs deliver.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

I love lore, don't get me wrong. But I need a little more to go on. Usually the issue with lore is that once it's written, it's rarely changed. And it definitely won't be changed by what any player does. Although the graphics are nice (I'm starting to sound repetitive here), I'm still waiting on more player related info.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• Sive0nSive0n Member UncommonPosts: 28

Trion Studios should be showing more stuff other then rifts... i mean sure the whole game is based in these random events called rifts, but they don't talk about anything else and it's not a completely new feature it gets old pretty quickly.

First time i tried the game(at Gamescom) i was like "hey nice graphics" seeing the world changing around me... but by the end of the rift i was like "that's it?!" it was nothing but a slightly enhanced version of WAR public quests.

I was more impressed with the soul system then the rifts them self's, i guess that's why Rifts booth was almost empty...