Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Celebrating Two Years of WAR

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Warhammer Online Herald has been updated with information about the upcoming second anniversary events and new 2 year veterans' rewards. Those who've stood by the game for the past two years will receive a cloak, a fireworks launcher and a double aegis.

• WAR Double Aegis - Let those who stand beneath these twin banners never know fear in the face of their enemies!

• Regenerating Firework Launcher - Using this unique item will launch a fireworks display. After each display, it will regenerate, allowing it to be used forever!

• Celebratory Cloak - Crafted of the finest satin and inlaid with a decorative pattern, this cloak commemorates two full years of WAR!

Read more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

2 years of terrible gameplay! m/

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

Well, keep things in perspective, how many games folded in the past two years?

Someone must appreciate this game

• jawalijawali Member UncommonPosts: 195

game is fun but not worth 15 euro monthly (imo)

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

This game suffers not from terrible gameplay, but rather, a terrible playerbase. I've never seen such a collection of awful PvPers in a PvP-centric game before. That's right, I'm talking to all you tards that hammer away relentlessly on a tank that's getting healed by 3 healers...instead of, oh I dunno...KILLING THE HEALERS!

It does have its moments, but going 0-25 in Scenarios has a way of making you hit that cancel sub button with a quickness.

Joined - July 2004

• wilbergwilberg Member Posts: 182

Two years ago I wasted $100 on the CE I will never get back. Thanks for the memories.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Originally posted by fansede

Many of them in the unlimited free trial no doubt.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Kind of amusing that the 2yr rewards are rehashed from last years 1yr anniversary and only available to those with 2yrs worth of sub time.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by bunnyhopper

WAR servers are much more populated than say City of Heroes for example and it's been trundling along for 6 years. The lvl 40 (not even counting the lvl 1-39s) population on one server is higher than the total population for the busiest servers on CoH.

I'm sure WAR has plenty of time left.

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by jawali

I could'nt agree more . Why these companys stick to the standard subscription fee on a game thats not that great is beyond me . It might be worth 5 euros a month . In fact I would pay that to play it . There seams to be very little development gone into it in those two years as well .

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Originally posted by Kabaal

Originally posted by bunnyhopper

WAR servers are much more populated than say City of Heroes for example and it's been trundling along for 6 years. The lvl 40 (not even counting the lvl 1-39s) population on one server is higher than the total population for the busiest servers on CoH.

I'm sure WAR has plenty of time left.

Let's wait four more years and see if WAR is still about.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• Postal13Postal13 Member Posts: 94

To celebrate, they're going to REMOVE even MORE CONTENT! 

Cunfushus says "Only through wasting time do we realize that time should not be wasted."

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Originally posted by remyburke

This game suffers not from terrible gameplay, but rather, a terrible playerbase. I've never seen such a collection of awful PvPers in a PvP-centric game before. That's right, I'm talking to all you tards that hammer away relentlessly on a tank that's getting healed by 3 healers...instead of, oh I dunno...KILLING THE HEALERS!

It does have its moments, but going 0-25 in Scenarios has a way of making you hit that cancel sub button with a quickness.

If you are playing this game without friends/a guild, it really isn't much fun at all.  But with friends and/or a guild, the RvR is pretty great.

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322

lol, while people are screaming doom and gloom this game continues on and APB died two months out of the gate....

• ManchineManchine Member UncommonPosts: 469

Really can't help the stupid people who can't see past there own stupidity.  The game is good and fun to play.  Let the haters hate for no reason.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Happy 2nd year Warhammer. 

• SelkaSelka Member Posts: 11

R.I.P. Warhammer Online

• GremrodGremrod Member UncommonPosts: 207

got boring real fast....... I can't believe it has lasted two years.

• pekshmaerpekshmaer Member Posts: 58

Best RvR game today for sure! Happy 2nd year.

hmm

• DarkArlinDarkArlin Member Posts: 17

Happy 2 years!  Only played a month but I had loads of fun.  Not sure why I never re-subbed. *shrug*

• scabbedangelscabbedangel Member UncommonPosts: 117

2 years, huh?

Thats exactly how long it takes their customer service reps to get back to you.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Originally posted by scabbedangel

2 years, huh?

Thats exactly how long it takes their customer service reps to get back to you.

I play the game, I enjoy the game a lot with my guild but...

100% true <.<.

• mjkittredgemjkittredge Member Posts: 126

I hope it lasts another 2 years and gets some content updates. I still have fun with it from time to time.

Like everybody though, I've hated a number of decisions the team made and been left shaking my head - removing content like scenario variety and effectively eliminating 4 of the 6 starting zones, free trial accounts can't trade anymore, Skaven are playable for Order AND Destruction?!?!? And a number of bugs and such that have been around since launch and still not fixed.

Almost a million people bought and played this game when it came out, and I think many of them check in every now and then with the updates and the free trial to see what's changed - They are waiting! Wating for a sign that the game has improved enough in areas important to them, and then they would subscribe again... The hype has turned to hope, they found enough initially to see the potential, and they want a big enough reason to come back. I think the dev team understands that - lets see what they come up with!

And I hope they pull it off, I'm rooting for them and this great game they have. Just don't give us some surprise shut down notice out of nowhere, please (*coughAPBcough*)

• DaxPierceDaxPierce Member Posts: 172

Originally posted by mjkittredge

I hope it lasts another 2 years and gets some content updates. I still have fun with it from time to time.

Like everybody though, I've hated a number of decisions the team made and been left shaking my head - removing content like scenario variety and effectively eliminating 4 of the 6 starting zones, free trial accounts can't trade anymore, Skaven are playable for Order AND Destruction?!?!? And a number of bugs and such that have been around since launch and still not fixed.

Almost a million people bought and played this game when it came out, and I think many of them check in every now and then with the updates and the free trial to see what's changed - They are waiting! Wating for a sign that the game has improved enough in areas important to them, and then they would subscribe again... The hype has turned to hope, they found enough initially to see the potential, and they want a big enough reason to come back. I think the dev team understands that - lets see what they come up with!

And I hope they pull it off, I'm rooting for them and this great game they have. Just don't give us some surprise shut down notice out of nowhere, please (*coughAPBcough*)

Like I said in another post. This company needs to stop just focusing on the people with subs and focus on the people who want to come back.

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by OkhamsRazor

I could'nt agree more . Why these companys stick to the standard subscription fee on a game thats not that great is beyond me . It might be worth 5 euros a month . In fact I would pay that to play it . There seams to be very little development gone into it in those two years as well .

Well WoW charges 15 bucks for gameplay thats been outdated since 1999, sooo ... 

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by Garvon3

Originally posted by OkhamsRazor

Well WoW charges 15 bucks for gameplay thats been outdated since 1999, sooo ... 

WoW has 10+Million playesr and although its not a game I enjoy anymore you can't argue with its success . In fact its one of the very few games that can justify that price . Warhammer is a totally different ballgame . Its gameplay  is very limited . As many other have stated on here its something thats enjoyable for a week or two but gets boring very quickly .I did enjoy the welcome back offer in the summer but after two weeks I'd had enough .  Also Warhammer has had nothing like the same developmental support as Warcraft .  Trying to use WoW as an example in an discussion about mmo subscription prices compared to Warhammer isn't really the most intelligent way to approach such an arguement .