Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Plants vs Zombies Minigame in Cataclysm?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Rock, Paper, Scissors has a report about a new mini-game in the upcoming World of Warcraft: Cataclysm expansion. Called "Peacebloom vs Ghouls", the mini-game is found in the Hillsbrad Foothills. There is no question that the game is based on PopCap's multi-platform title, Plants vs Zombies. There are six plants available through a series of quests. According to the YouTube video released by Cynical Brit, the XP is fairly high. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Now I just need plants vs zombies on the cereal box and my life is complete!

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

And only 2 years after the game left the public eye because everyone had already played it. Way to be current Blizzard!

• EmoqqboyEmoqqboy Member UncommonPosts: 194

After you've done it once, its no longer fresh? Players will just do it another 2000000000 times just for the xp?

<QQ moar plz. kkthxbai.>

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Looks like a better minigame than I've seen in any other MMO I've played.

Really, they should have added chess before this. Sitting in an Inn playing chess against another person in game would have been fun.

Originally posted by Emoqqboy

After you've done it once, its no longer fresh? Players will just do it another 2000000000 times just for the xp?

After you're done with the main questline, it turns into a daily. There are probably a lot of faster ways to gain xp in WoW than run over there, play a half hour mini-game and complete one quest.

• RectifyerRectifyer Member Posts: 103

This is awesome haha!

• ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

Say what you will about the minigame, but to me, this speaks volumes about how good their core game engine is.. It can incorporate so many things so well, it's ridiculous.

They could easily make an extra billion liscensing their engine to other MMO companies, I'd wager.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Another completely original idea by Blizzard...

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343

lol...coping Lineage II's ingame minigames (Beast Racing [think that's how it's refered to]). While I'm sure other MMOs had minigames before Lineage II; it's the only MMO I've played that had a minigame...built in :P

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829

Originally posted by Dyner

lol...coping Lineage II's ingame minigames (Beast Racing [think that's how it's refered to]). While I'm sure other MMOs had minigames before Lineage II; it's the only MMO I've played that had a minigame...built in :P

everquest had a bejeweled minigame when it came out....

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Yeah, I read about this on MMO-champion. You know, the very same day it was released =P. As far as WoW news goes, that's the place to go for up to date information. Still, I've watched videos of it and it's absolutely amazing.

There's some bugs in the game, of course and there's definitely some obvious limitations with the game based on the engine alone; however, you couldn't ask for a cooler quest.

Just goes to show you that Blizzard isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty when making quests!

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

Better call the game World of Realms cause its clear, they don't care about the lore. There has never been a Cataclysm, no Harisson Jones. I really liked PvZ but seriously playing a game just to play another game is stupid isn't it? Rather buy the original.

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• marmotomarmoto Member CommonPosts: 101

Originally posted by TheHatter

What?

No Angry Birds?

No, that is copyrighted for GW2

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Look out indy developers, Bilzzard will steal your ideas completely for their profits. =S

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

wtf?!

they have the time to implement this shit but can't get arround to adding 1 or 2 friken new pets for my warlock!

F U Blizzard, just  f u.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

Why such negative reactions? This is just another pop culture reference... WoW is FULL of things like this everywhere you look. Also bear in mind that a lot of people might not have even heard of Plants vs Zombies and may be encouraged to check it out after something like this.

Personally I think it's a really cool little touch. It shows the developers are trying to be creative still, even if the idea is taken from elsewhere.

Originally posted by mmoguy43

Look out indy developers, Bilzzard will steal your ideas completely for their profits. =S

Or they'll work closely with indy developers and ask them for permission to use their design.

...and still the indy devs get the short end of the stick no matte what the deal is. Just saying.

...and still the indy devs get the short end of the stick no matte what the deal is. Just saying.

You mean they get exposure to 11 million players that they may not have had exposure to before?

Blizzard and PopCap have been known to work together in the past and some of the people that work at Blizzard were hired from PopCap employees.

Originally posted by Alberel

Why such negative reactions? This is just another pop culture reference... WoW is FULL of things like this everywhere you look. Also bear in mind that a lot of people might not have even heard of Plants vs Zombies and may be encouraged to check it out after something like this.

Personally I think it's a really cool little touch. It shows the developers are trying to be creative still, even if the idea is taken from elsewhere.

That makes no sense.

What does this have to do with pop culture?

Why would someone want to buy Plants vs Zombies after they can play it in WoW?

How is taking what seems to be the entire game of Plants vs Zombies but changing the names creative?

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

lol...its just blizzard being blizzard.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Originally posted by colddog04

Blizzard and PopCap have been known to work together in the past and some of the people that work at Blizzard were hired from PopCap employees.

Ok that I didn't know

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

I love wow and never heard of plants vs zombies. So ill check it out. I also cant wait to do the csi quest in westfall. So blizz has come up with some innovative stuff recently also. Phasing for one. Where u do quests and it opens up a diff part of the game world. I love this in game.

I also think people dont realize how much effort and time and how much the people who make wow actually care about the game. As for not caring about the lore they wrote the lore. Its like telling the author of a book no thats not how that character would act change your story.

[Mod Edit]

Me? I try to stick up for Indy devs. I didn't know that makes me a WoW hater >_>

• JuulpowerJuulpower Member Posts: 65

Awesome xD I would almost start playing WoW. Although I'm not sure if this gane would work without the cute theme ^^