Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV PVP AND PVE?

What is the pvp in this game?

What is the pve in the game?

How does the guild system work?

Is the story good and interesting?

How does it compare to wow in game play elements?

Does it have raiding?

Does the game suck you in?

What is the endgame?

Thanks for taking your time and reading this, and double thanks if you wrote back a reply!

Comments

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409

No existant, for two reasons. 1. The game is not released yet. 2. There is no PvP system in place and will likely be added later in a more unique fashion. Final Fantasy has never been about PvP, and I do not see that changing anytime soon.

I would strongly recommend going around and looking at many of the fan sites about FFXIV such as FFXIVcore.com and many others. There you can find information on the guildleve system, as well as how the class system works.

Guilds are called LinkShells, and you can belong to more than one.

So far the story has been hidden, but what they had in OB was quite well written, and NPC interactions are entertaining. Being called a Poxy Whore or not to get your arsehole puckered..... gave some character to the NPC

They are not able to be compared really as everything is very very different.

Does it have raiding?

Currently No, in the future, most likely. Game is not released, and really you cannot expect people to have made it to end game in Open Beta!

This is called immersion, and it is a very personal thing. For me yes, I enjoy the game very much.

What is the endgame?

The game is not out yet, no one knows.

• AfgmanAfgman Member Posts: 8

no pvp = /

I guess this game is not for me than.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Afgman

no pvp = /

None at launch, they are making PVP mini games which will be released down the line. 

Game is not PvP centric, but I find most of the games that are ruin their PVE with PVP balancing.

I was almost sad that they said they were adding PVP in after launch to be honest.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Originally posted by Averros

No existant, for two reasons. 1. The game is not released yet. 2. There is no PvP system in place and will likely be added later in a more unique fashion. Final Fantasy has never been about PvP, and I do not see that changing anytime soon.

I would strongly recommend going around and looking at many of the fan sites about FFXIV such as FFXIVcore.com and many others. There you can find information on the guildleve system, as well as how the class system works.

Guilds are called LinkShells, and you can belong to more than one.

So far the story has been hidden, but what they had in OB was quite well written, and NPC interactions are entertaining. Being called a Poxy Whore or not to get your arsehole puckered..... gave some character to the NPC

They are not able to be compared really as everything is very very different.

Does it have raiding?

Currently No, in the future, most likely. Game is not released, and really you cannot expect people to have made it to end game in Open Beta!

This is called immersion, and it is a very personal thing. For me yes, I enjoy the game very much.

What is the endgame?

The game is not out yet, no one knows.

<3

• MetzaMetza Member Posts: 160

I love pvp in my mmo's but I'm not sure how i'll feel about pvp in my final fantasy, I'll see how they implement it before I judge but I'll be playing this game for the community and pve anyhow

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Originally posted by Laughing-man

no pvp = /

None at launch, they are making PVP mini games which will be released down the line. 

Game is not PvP centric, but I find most of the games that are ruin their PVE with PVP balancing.

I was almost sad that they said they were adding PVP in after launch to be honest.

I felt the same way. I really hope they keep the pvp a minimal aspect of the game once it's added.

<3

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409

no pvp = /

I am going based off of FFXI, Ballista and all that... ballista was fun, and did not ruin any PvE content. I am not a PvP person and still found it to be quite fun.

• maskedtearsmaskedtears Member UncommonPosts: 345

no pvp = /

I didn't read anything about pvp mini-games... Just that they will add it in a way that won't ruin the game after release. 

You wanted my time, so I played you. You wanted my money, I forked it over. You wanted my soul, I gave it willingly. Not to complain... but when do I get my end of the deal? And no, I don't want your flippin' carrot. If you can't do that give me back my youth and keep the change. Why don't you try chasing your own damn carrot for a change? I'll gladly hold the stick.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Averros

no pvp = /

I am going based off of FFXI, Ballista and all that... ballista was fun, and did not ruin any PvE content. I am not a PvP person and still found it to be quite fun.

They stated that several abilities that were in the game were introduced exclusively for PVP interactions.

For instance the fear abilties and other things that seem only useful in PVP situations like transfering debuffs on yourself to your target.

So I think that the PVP will be a bit more focued upon in this game.

• DisastormDisastorm Member Posts: 318

I'm pretty sure the pvp in this game will be more significant than anything they have in ff11.  They have said that some of the skills in the game were made specifically for pvp, which means they were already anticipating pvp since awhile ago and were already putting stuff in for it.

• Clubmaster22Clubmaster22 Member Posts: 279

Originally posted by Disastorm

I'm pretty sure the pvp in this game will be more significant than anything they have in ff11.  They have said that some of the skills in the game were made specifically for pvp, which means they were already anticipating pvp since awhile ago and were already putting stuff in for it.

Maybe but as long as the battles are so slow and the targeting is as atrocious as it is, pvp will be crap anyway. SE never knew the first thing about PvP and judging form the current state of the game it's unlikely they learned something in the meantime. But alas, we can always hope for miracle patches.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by Clubmaster22

Maybe but as long as the battles are so slow and the targeting is as atrocious as it is, pvp will be crap anyway. SE never knew the first thing about PvP and judging form the current state of the game it's unlikely they learned something in the meantime. But alas, we can always hope for miracle patches.

The PvP is always going to tactical not twitch, so you are wishing for something that will never happen. Anything that is competetive can always be good. Just because it is not what you want does not mean it will be bad...

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

no pvp = /

I'am with you and honestly the other 100 posters that have came to this forum wondering about the pvp.. Seriously, not a lot of games launch without pvp anymore so it'll be interesting to see how FFXIV retains its player base and for how long, even tho i will admit most the FFXIV players will be mostly PvE but it jus seems like PvP in a MMO would be standard now-a-days.. Not only that i'd thought SE would of learned there lesson after the deboggle that was FFXI being launched w/o pvp.. They got so many complaints about it they finnaly implemented a collesium like mini-game; which IMO wasn't up to snuff with PvP being offered in most other games..

I guess i'am just a sucker for mass world-pvp and after reading about all the lore and factions in FFXIV i was really expecting some nice faction vrs faction battles; hopeing SE would be smart this time around and include PvP at launch.. But after weeks and weeks my excitement died off after slowly hearing now news of PvP i realized Square was gonna launch FFXIV without it jus like they  did FFXI..

More then likley Square Enix will add some type of pvp-collesium-like game.. But if you're like for immediate PvP or GOOD world PvP then you won't find it here.. Atleast not at launch.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Originally posted by Isane

Originally posted by Clubmaster22

The PvP is always going to tactical not twitch, so you are wishing for something that will never happen. Anything that is competetive can always be good. Just because it is not what you want does not mean it will be bad...

Actually Square Enix can make twitch pvp and do it pretty well.. They have published (and developed but idk) Fantasy Earth Zero which is a mass world f2p pvp game and is very twitch based and imo a AWSOME pvp system.. IDK why they don't transfer it over to FFXIV but then again FFXIV is suppose to be a slower based game anyways so it wouldnt make any sense at all..

For those of you saying PvP would "ruin" this game sounds sorta stupid.. IMO if you played FFXI you know that pvp was its own contained thing so i don't see how it'd "ruin" you're game.. IMO it jus sounds like you're makeing up excuses to you're selves to as why this MMO isn't being launched with PvP when almost every other one is.. Not only that SE has admitted to wanting to launch it after release; which to me sounds like they really wanted to include it at launch but just don't have the time to do so.. That'd be a bad thing in my eyes, considering how it seems like almost every AAA MMO is being launched w/o its full content and way to early (look at APB.)

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta