Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question to EU about F2P

black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

Hello people, i have two questions for you if i may;

First; i read something in these forums about being able to download the client and playing free (if you subbed before) until it launches officially. I did bought the game sometime ago but didn't stick with it for long so am i able to download it and start playing it now and if not what's the truth about this situation?

Second; from what i understood if i buy moria xpac i get all the zones, quests (i.e. content) up until moria AND the content in Moria. Is it true? If so, why would people bother with the store? Just spend 20 euros one-time-fee and get all the content until mirkwood. Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

I have no idea about 1. And 2 if it's like the NA version, then no, that is not the case.

If you buy Moria, you own the stuff that came in the Moria expansion - 2 character slots, the RK/Warden Class, and the Moria quests. And the rank cap on your skirmish solider is raised a bit.

If you subscribe, you get all the SoA (just like you always did). If you don't, you have to buy everything past the starting areas up to Moria separately

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Codemasters didn't manage to make F2P launch on time in EU. Currently we have a extended welcome back weekend that lasts till F2P launch. This means that yes you cancome back and play, without any restrictions im aware of. The expansions only grant access to quests and areas contained in the expansions.

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

Originally posted by Rocketeer

Codemasters didn't manage to make F2P launch on time in EU. Currently we have a extended welcome back weekend that lasts till F2P launch. This means that yes you cancome back and play, without any restrictions im aware of. The expansions only grant access to quests and areas contained in the expansions.

Ah i see, it's a welcome back week then. I'll go ahead and download the client since it will be the same client for F2P too probably. Although i didn't get any e-mails about it i think i'm eligible.