Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I had 9 Character Slots,Now 7 WTF. I Payed for MoM

zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Its kinda jacked that they would TAKE AWAY 2 slots to make you pay for them. Yes I know LOTRO went F2P,but The 2 extra slots were a bonus of BUYING MoM,not part of the sub.

Comments

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by zaylin

Its kinda jacked that they would TAKE AWAY 2 slots to make you pay for them. Yes I know LOTRO went F2P,but The 2 extra slots were a bonus of BUYING MoM,not part of the sub.

Another example of "subscribers not being affected" by the F2P conversion.

I'm glad I decided not to come back after learning about the F2P option a couple months ago. That would have really pissed me off to suddenly lose character slots like that.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Thats not the ones they took away, they took away 2 from the sub. I.e. if you didn't have MoM you would only have 5.

Originally posted by Ceridith

Another example of "subscribers not being affected" by the F2P conversion.

I'm glad I decided not to come back after learning about the F2P option a couple months ago. That would have really pissed me off to suddenly lose character slots like that.

If he was a subscriber he would have 9, so subscribers are not affected.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Eh I thought SoA gave you 5 slots and then +2 for MoM and +2 for adventure pack

You keep all slots you bought if you are VIP.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Originally posted by Rocketeer

Thats not the ones they took away, they took away 2 from the sub. I.e. if you didn't have MoM you would only have 5.

Still Kinda jacked,it was a good thing i did not have more than 7 toons. And I was mistaken the 2 extra slots came from the Adventure Pack >.<, but still.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

If you using the free play option you get 2 character slots. If you are a premium player you get 3 if you purchased MoM you get 2 more, and if you purchased Mirkwood you get a additional 2.  6 slots for FtP with both expansions, 7 for Premium players, and 9 for subscribers are the proper numbers. Altaholics can buy up to 19 or some craziness

FAQ's are your freind

http://www.lotro.com/free.php

I miss DAoC

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by Jackdog

If you using the free play option you get 3 character slots, if you purchased MoM you get 2 more, and if you purchased Mirkwood you get a additional 2. 

Correction the additional 2 its NOT from Siege of Mirkwood but from the Adventurers Pack.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Originally posted by ABRaquel

If you using the free play option you get 3 character slots, if you purchased MoM you get 2 more, and if you purchased Mirkwood you get a additional 2. 

Correction the additional 2 its NOT from Siege of Mirkwood but from the Adventurers Pack.

I stand corrected, thanks. I can see where people get confused. I am still unsure of all the differences between free and premium myself

I miss DAoC

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by ABRaquel

I stand corrected, thanks. I can see where people get confused. I am still unsure of all the differences between free and premium myself

I know what you mean. :)

I thought since I had purchased SoA, MoM and SoM that I would have access to all content, but it seems that I only get access to MoM and SoM quests and not SoA. Kinda bummed but its not the end of the world, since one can earn enough Turbine Points with Deeds to buy all the Quest packs for all SoA zones.