Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is everyone so sad about APB?

gotcha89gotcha89 Member UncommonPosts: 34

Hello all,

I really don't understand why users don't like Apb and i really would like to know why it is. It is a unique concept and finally now wow rip off.

In APB you have the options to fully customize your character and you can pimp you're car whatever you want.  Great options that makes this game great.

Then i read the reviews on a lot of sites and give them low points but why? I think APB has a great community and players around you always want to play together. nice grouping actions and a lot of customizion.

So why everyone thinks this is a sucky game?

Nice gameplay, Nice custumization, nice group play and nice fights and assignments. APB is still improving thise game but entering the world of apb would be the right choose now!

Comments

• RhianneRhianne Member UncommonPosts: 58

Please read the rest of the forum. Your answer is discussed in great detail.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

My sadness comes from the idea that many of the games great achievements will be overlooked since the rest of the game was not up to par. Namely, the character customization, matchmaking system (flawed as it was), the sound, the VOIP, and the music editor were phenomenal. I fear developers or investors will say, "APB had great customization and look what happened to that game. Great character customization must not be that important to players."

Since your post was questioning those elements that are sub par, I will tell my opinion:

1. Balance - weapons, uprades, cars, missions, clans: all severely imbalanced.

2. Transparent World - The graphics are great. The city looks alive and bustling. But when you go inside one of the buildings (many of which you cannot even enter at all) they are very very tiny and almost completely empty.

3. Repetitiveness - Besides missions, bounty hunting, and customization there is nearly nothing to do. How is this different than a normal shooter? In a normal shooter you join a server and its either a deathmatch or a team conflict where everyone is involved in the same thing. With the missions, everyone is out doing there own thing. You may come into conflict with a few other players here and there, but you are not constantly engaged. There is no way to just go around shooting other players. You have to be hooked up with a mission first, or chase a max threat player, whose teamates cannot even shoot you.

These three things could have been ironed out if the game was more developed. Beta testers were admant that the above three things needed to be addressed before the game was launched. And it was launched anyway. They had 5 years to develop the gameplay and the world, but it's like they spent all their time and money on the graphics, music, and character customization and then ran out of money or something.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Above me, great post.

Me, i thought APB would had been GTA online. Police players, same roles as police from GTA. Criminal, same role as the main character from gta. Thats mean, the only reason a police would had to chase player, is if a player really did a bad thing. For criminal, it also should had been FFA. Clan of criminal that cannot do war vs an other clan of criminal is just lame.

When i tried ABP, i created a police and i thought my job would had been to roam around the city looking for trouble and take down the criminal that i spot doing bad thing or criminal with high profile.

Well, i was wrong. Basically, Police are nothing else, but the blue team and criminal are the red team like a game of Halo 3. Difference is, you have to wait for missions. Once you get one, you only play with 8 players, 4 vs 4. Most mission are like Capture the flag, secure terrotory, kill target. After a while, it really gets old.

All in all, if you got GTA 4 on your ps3 or pc, you dont need APB. GTA 4 is better since you can enter a server and play with 16 players on ps3, 32 players on PC. While in APB, you have 100 players in one district, but you only do match with a total of 8 players. Today, i still play GTA, i have fun on free roam and some of their other modes. For ABP, i stay far away from it because its obvious that they will never make it right with the upcoming patches.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• BlahTeebBlahTeeb Member UncommonPosts: 624

Because for the general public, you have to keep paying to play. Game is great, but not worth a "monthly" fee great. :D

• El_GostroEl_Gostro Member Posts: 17

I knew a guy who worked in the support team-which yes,is outsourced to cheap third world countries like mine-that told me they made them play the game as part of the training an dthat it was dreadfully mind burningly boring.

We eventually tried it using his accounto one afternoon where amongst other things I learned to pick food up with chopsticks since I got bored after 7 min of playing the game.

If I wanted cops and robbers game with variety and no need to pay,there's gta 4,Hell even San Andreas online was more fun.

So as they say, I think this is the chronicle of an announced death...

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647
    b/c 200k players were wrong and u were right about the game?
  • AshanorAshanor Member UncommonPosts: 109

" APB had great customization and look what happened to that game. Great character customization must not be that important to players. "

That would be a true statement though. Great character customization is not that important. Look at the games with the best customization, all failures in the western market. Aion? APB? etc.

Don't get me wrong, having some customization is great, but being able to move your nose 1 mm up or down or being able to make yourself super short just to be obnoxious is just completely unecessary.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Ashanor

" APB had great customization and look what happened to that game. Great character customization must not be that important to players. "

That would be a true statement though. Great character customization is not that important. Look at the games with the best customization, all failures in the western market. Aion? APB? etc.

Don't get me wrong, having some customization is great, but being able to move your nose 1 mm up or down or being able to make yourself super short just to be obnoxious is just completely unecessary.

Um, no.

Customization should be as limitless as possible.

But if you don't have a good game to go with that customization, then the customization is worthless.

Hence APB. Great customization, no game.

Would have made for a great Barbie Dress-Up game though.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• gkb3469gkb3469 Member UncommonPosts: 148

whens the next mmo goin down? pew pew pew

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

I'm sad. I'm furious. I'm confused.

I'm sad because the game died and I loved it

I'm furious because I'll never get back the $50 I spent on a game that didn't last but a few months.

I'm confused because they died right after they announced 1.4.2. Forever more, let the numbers 1.4.2 be synonymous with death.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • jingfoxxjingfoxx Member Posts: 54

I'm sad... I hadn't played the game since about a month after release for a couple of reasons. 1. Because I didn't have the funds at the time and 2. Because I wanted to wait until they got a few bugs out of the system and fixed some of the gameplay problems.

I'm sad because the game had a really great, and unique, concept and was designed very well... It was fun, despite it's few flaws. It had great potential. But I'm sad, generally, because I had bought this game pre-order. Every experience is truly a learning experience and this one has taught me that I should never, under any circumstances, pre-order an MMO. I should wait until after it's release and until it has had time to get reception and fix problems.... or in the sad case of APB, fail for whatever reason.

Ignorance may be Bliss, but Knowledge is Power
  • The question is why is everyone so happy about APB closing down? And why are so many so eager to spout their poison about the game? It was not for you, FINE, lets leave it at that. There are obviously a lot of people who thought it was a ok game, so thats why its a sad day. Not every game needs to be mainstream and for hundreds of thousands of players. People are so blind and full self importance.

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

Cheating killed APB. No one is going to pay money each month to play a game with a bunch of cheaters, and the weakest anti-cheat program out there,i.e. Punk Buster.

Warning to all future MMO pubs and devs.....if you don't do anything about cheaters, MMOs die.

NUFF SAID

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Originally posted by gkb3469

whens the next mmo goin down? pew pew pew

I actually enjoyed this game to some degree. The customization was hella deep. Anyway it's disappointing to see any mmo get canned. Especially one that didn't have a space or fantasy setting.

PS: Here's that sig you requested gkb3469

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• ryuga81ryuga81 Member UncommonPosts: 351

Originally posted by Ashanor

Customization is very nice to have on top of a game. But if there is no game, you will fail, miserably.