Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I miss you, Allods

I quit Allods a few months ago but could not bring myself to uninstall.  Today I decided to patch up and enter the world.

After playing a dozen or so F2Ps since quitting Allods I was struck by how great-looking the Allods world and characters are. Then I smacked a few mobs around and remembered how much I loved the combat and my class.

H O W E V E R . . . 

I opened my bag and checked out my loot and still had two CURSED Items in my bag from when I quit.

Now I remember why I quit.

It's such a bummer that they ruined this extraordinary game with these crazy cash shop mechanics.

Comments

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

I totally agree with you:  I was in a decent sized and very influential guild on the Nezeb server who's leader was part of CHOMPs "Player Advisory Board" as well as Been allowed to join the GM's in their events by Handing out items durring GM BBQ events and also hosted League raids against Empire with CHOMP joining the guild leader.

I loved ALLODS sooo very much but because of Gpotato / Gala-nets deceitful business mechanic all of my guild and many others from different guilds have joined together in Lord of the rings online.

to see what we miss there is a video and screen shot on my guilds website. Google search Allods Camelot and you'll see.

• heavyhebrewheavyhebrew Member Posts: 309

God I miss the Victorias Secret Show that was the League.

TRUST THE COMPUTER! THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND!

Stay Alert! Trust No One! Keep Your Laser Handy!

Yellow Clearance Black Box Blues!

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

This is pretty much why I quit..also -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF4YgPU8jhU

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

The times before the Gipat patch were Epic! Now it's a wasteland of painful memories.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I loved Allods when it first came out. It was a decent game that didn't rely too heavy on the cash shop. I wish they didn't screw it as bad as they did.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

120k Health? Why even allow so much health? That's like a Boss mob from World of Warcraft.. And the difference in damage is clear. You were barely doing 1k damage per attack with that warrior.. Now you're doing 12k damage? That doesn't make sense.. And 12k Damage is barely ½ the monster's HP bar.

I don't understand this at all. Why make a game where the only way to kill something is by using cash shop items????

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by Miles-Prower

120k Health? Why even allow so much health? That's like a Boss mob from World of Warcraft.. And the difference in damage is clear. You were barely doing 1k damage per attack with that warrior.. Now you're doing 12k damage? That doesn't make sense.. And 12k Damage is barely ½ the monster's HP bar.

I don't understand this at all. Why make a game where the only way to kill something is by using cash shop items????

To make money of course, or so they thought because the majority of players packed their bags.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

The game had a very huge player base at one point and the dev team thought they could make a lot of cash by forcing said players to pay to even play the game. The ending result however you can see in the end of the video, theres no one left and the game has just become a joke.

Originally posted by Xerith

The game had a very huge player base at one point and the dev team thought they could make a lot of cash by forcing said players to pay to even play the game. The ending result however you can see in the end of the video, theres no one left and the game has just become a joke.

So why haven't they reversed the change? Are there really that many people subjecting themselves to such torment out there?

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

I uninstalled the game shortly after I made that video and wrote the review so I cannot speak for the games health now, but when I played the main city was all but deserted and the auction house had around 5 people in it. I don't know why they wont just reverse the changes, but it feels a lot like SWG NGE where they refuse to admit they did anything wrong and like to just BS about how great their player base is.

Also when I was on they were doing two contests, one awarded you the longer you played and the other offer was a unique mount to whoever spent the most in the cash shop. Kind of shows you how they are doing.

Originally posted by Xerith

I uninstalled the game shortly after I made that video and wrote the review so I cannot speak for the games health now, but when I played the main city was all but deserted and the auction house had around 5 people in it. I don't know why they wont just reverse the changes, but it feels a lot like SWG NGE where they refuse to admit they did anything wrong and like to just BS about how great their player base is.

Also when I was on they were doing two contests, one awarded you the longer you played and the other offer was a unique mount to whoever spent the most in the cash shop. Kind of shows you how they are doing.

This type of behavior shouldn't be tolerated to be honest. It's like dangling narcotics in front of a junkie.. When they go to grab for it you respond "$50, but the effect wears off in 2 hours"

*sigh*...

imageimageimage
  • mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

I don't play much anymore due to time constraints with work and personal life but ... It seem's people are made at the wrong people. GPotato did nothing wrong to the game. Astrum is the one's who tore this game apart. Even some GPotato staff didn't neccesarily like the changes, but they have a contract that they have to live upto or no game. This is why I don't enjoy f2p games. Not because they are bad, but because changes come from some other company and the publishers have to deal with it. At the very most they can send them emails about what the community thinks. But that really doesn't change much. GPotato did get some things changed slightly such as prices, and incense being added to a daily quest. Also allowing tradeable bags. The thing is the process is slow and can take months. So in essence, if you want to hate, go to the Russian boards where the developers chat it up and send them some pm's. I think GPotato is doing alot to please the crowd especially with the giveaway they had. They are atleast attempting to alleviate a bad situation. Now as for Astrum, since they took over development with help from Mail.ru, they have litterly took a great game and made it just like every other f2p game out there, which is heavily dependant on a cash shop. They mind as well make it p2p and forgo the shop. Anyways, CHEERS!

Originally posted by mackdawg19

I don't play much anymore due to time constraints with work and personal life but ... It seem's people are made at the wrong people. GPotato did nothing wrong to the game. Astrum is the one's who tore this game apart. Even some GPotato staff didn't neccesarily like the changes, but they have a contract that they have to live upto or no game. This is why I don't enjoy f2p games. Not because they are bad, but because changes come from some other company and the publishers have to deal with it. At the very most they can send them emails about what the community thinks. But that really doesn't change much. GPotato did get some things changed slightly such as prices, and incense being added to a daily quest. Also allowing tradeable bags. The thing is the process is slow and can take months. So in essence, if you want to hate, go to the Russian boards where the developers chat it up and send them some pm's. I think GPotato is doing alot to please the crowd especially with the giveaway they had. They are atleast attempting to alleviate a bad situation. Now as for Astrum, since they took over development with help from Mail.ru, they have litterly took a great game and made it just like every other f2p game out there, which is heavily dependant on a cash shop. They mind as well make it p2p and forgo the shop. Anyways, CHEERS!

If they did make it P2P how could you kill anything? Each battle is like a boss battle, lol... I've solo'd monsters faster in FFXI that conned Very hard to me. =P

imageimageimage
  • TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by mackdawg19

1. have you followed the progress of the game and the GM's interviews since Open beta?

2. have you listened to the audio interview on Massively.com about the cash shop being dropped in FEB?

3. have you read the interview with Massively.com / GM_CHOMP / GM_Sadie??

4. did you read Astrum nival and Gala-nets responses to the customers reaction of gipat?

read these and listen to these things before you assume we are placing blame in the wrong area.

you stated "Gpotato did nothing wrong to the game." and "They have a contract"

False advertisement and illegal bate n switch tactics are clearly Gala-net not Astrum nival.  Astrum nival did infact re design the game after seeing how big of a hit it was to try and force every player to pay to play the game.  But it is Gala-net Gpotato staff whom decided to try and follow allong.  You clearly seem to think that Gpotato had no hand in what took place in the game and with the cash shop.

GM_CHOMP had a interview on massively.com podcast voice interview after the FIRST drop of the cash shop when he tried to justify GPOTATO's stand on their prices the first time.  Gpotato Controls the items for sale and their prices so I will have to agree that the DEVS redesigning of the game gave the basis to destroy the game but Gpotato took it upon themselves to allow it to be done.  The shady deciet is all Gpotato / Gala-net  and can be seen in their interviews.

one only wonders why Miss Sadie quit after everyone ripped her a new one for LIEING to the customers.  Suprised the one in charge hasn't been fired...  "Sweet Mount"  Slow mount worthless cash shop item more like...

There is always a choice and they clearly made theirs you can not in any right mind think Gpotato had nothing to do with the horrible business tactics that they tried to force upon their players.

Gpotato stated they have the end say on prices and items.

Gipat would be fine if they didn't debuff DPS only to require Incense and Cause Cursed items forcing Charm use.

those two things made most people leave because its dishonest.

simply put if you are doing business with someone who is dishonest you don't pass it on to the customers and if you do pass it on to the customers YOU are the end result and the last to first to blame.

You also stated that "incense quest was added"  Yes it was but ONLY level 1-35 end game players are screweed yet again.

they are doing everything in their power to force EVERY player to pay a little and DURING BETA.  when Gala-net first opened the cash shop They called it a test run now its REQUIRED and therefor should not be beta if they are trying to charge customers for a broken game...

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

I really dont care who made what decision, ima gamer.

I also miss Allods, because its a lovely - at least AA - game and it was fun to play, but the dickheads behind the game are the big fail, so i uninstalled it and play LotRO now.

I will not play it anymore, except it is in the hands of other people, then the current ones.

To say it rude, they can stick their candles elsewhere.

Yeah im angry about these fags but my anger is patched well by Turbine.

Avoid this game, too mutch is worse there beside the game itself ... to be exact, the game is the only thing thats half way ok, even the forums is a pain.