Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Level 80 - Login get my Frost emblems, rinse and repeat, Help

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by neonaka

LoL I just seen a few nights ago some moron wanted 6k+ GS for the Sarth Weekly!

He was looking "LFM Healers and DPS [weekly] PST!

So I sent him a tell (6.1k Holy Paladin)

"hey man I will heal it send an inv pls"

Reply: "You have over 6k gs?"

"Um yes I do but it's just OS10 Sarth you could do it with like 4k or so"

Reply: "Well I am only looking for players with 6k+"

"Why in the world would you need overkill like that on such a simple encounter?"

Reply: "I only want good players, and I don't want any wipes or anything, better to use high GS players"

"Ok your a moron, and people now only us GS as a tool to get themselves carried through the game, I'll wait for a group who aren't full of idiots."

Reply: "Suit yourself"

Now can anyone tell me why the hell you need a 6K GS for OS10? 6K GS are for 25man ICC yet he wants a full 10man OS in 6K GS. What a f***ing noob.

Some of us still try and defend players who just need to be given a chance to show they can play the game without a number attached next to their names... Wow or wow what have you become.

Thats more of less what I do, if any one demands a gear score I walk way, takes a while longer to get a group but my feeling of satisfaction (even if the group wipes and quits) is much higher..over gearing an encounter is not fun in any way.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Thanks all for the replies and suggestions.  It looks like the bottom line is, get in a guild.  So I will be working on that.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Must admit this GS thing is a pain, its not really that valid of a score either, but perhaps he should really be getting in a guild if he wants to go raiding, forget the GS though,  i have a mage with a GS score of 4.8k, did absolutely fine in ICC 25.. though the guild im in doesnt use GS, but the wow heroes one, but even that isnt an 'absolute' funnily enough, if you want to raid, and are willing to participate, thats all thats needed, gearing up isnt that much of a hard thing to do, and T9 equipment is perfectly fine, and easily obtained. so, my advice is get a guild, and get involved.. why is it that so many players think MMO's are single player games ?

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Originally posted by Robokapp

well, my orc friend, Pugging is no longer for you, really. you fell behind. missed the boat. Get connected, or find a fresh, just-now-forming guild. Those need players and cant be picky. raid, get geared, hop into a real guild.

it's time to get agressive. its ugly to guild-hop. but you have to get ahead of the curve so you have to step on a few people if you want to avoid being stepped on.     

(Mod Edit)

The low skill players have not taken over.  They are simply the ones who do their raiding in PuGs and complain about GS.  The skilled players joined up in guilds and are beating the content and could care less about gearscore.  They are in charge of the core base of WoW and to them the trade chat puggers are mostly a reason for a good chuckle.

Raiding is all about raiding with a strong team of people who can think on the same 'wavelength'.  Those who are best at this will form their own communities.  Those who do not fit into those communities have to content with PuGs which are random and chaotic.  PuGs are actually a lot of fun if you just want to do 'stuff'  but if you want to progress they can be soul crushing.   So if you want to be 'competive' (whatever that means) in WoW PvE, you need to learn to navigate that chaos.  However, the skillset for that is what you need to be in a good guild so the PuG scene is populated by wannabes and amateurs. 

Simply said if you want to progress in WoW raiding through PuGs you are in for a lot of hurt and disappointment since most of the good players are in guilds and could care less about the PuGs.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by outfctrl

ok, I have been playing since release, not steady, but playing off and on.  My company layed me off for a few months so I was bored and started an Orc Hunter.  Got him to 80 pretty quick. Now, my gear score is only 4989, no one lets me into the 10 and 25 man.

So everyday I log in, get my two frosts (5 man) and do a few more for Triumph emblems, then log out.  Anyone have any suggestions to relieve my coming up boredom?  What else can I do to get with the big boys or just have fun again?  I am back to work now and dont have allot of free time.

Thanks all

You should be able to get over 5K GS real fast. Just one L264 item will do the trick. You get 5 (weekly) + 14 (random H) + 4 (VoA) = 23 emblems a week, without doing a raid. Should take 2-3 weeks at most to get the next piece.

Do you have the L264 craft items yet? There are two per class. There are also L251 pvp items (sold at WG) that you can easily get by doing WG.

BTW, doing TOC is not that bad. There are still groups doing that.

• Omega3Omega3 Member Posts: 398

ok, I have been playing since release, not steady, but playing off and on.  My company layed me off for a few months so I was bored and started an Orc Hunter.  Got him to 80 pretty quick. Now, my gear score is only 4989, no one lets me into the 10 and 25 man.

So everyday I log in, get my two frosts (5 man) and do a few more for Triumph emblems, then log out.  Anyone have any suggestions to relieve my coming up boredom?  What else can I do to get with the big boys or just have fun again?  I am back to work now and dont have allot of free time.

Thanks all

I quit the game when i realized i was doing just what you did and also found the time to raise 5 characters to level 80 and tought "omg, i have to do it all AGAIN?" this was the nail in the coffin.

When you finished a console game, do you continue playing it forever? No, mmo are the same, at some point , it's time to stop and move on.

Because class flavor change every 3 months (cept for rogue)

My addiction History:
    >> EQ1 2000-2004 - Shaman/Bard/Wizard/Monk - nolife raid-whore
    >> WoW 2004-2009 + Cataclysm for 2 months - hardcore casual
    >> Current status : done with MMO, too old for that crap.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

Originally posted by Elidien

Originally posted by MMOman101

The PUG/random system has killed the needs for guilds. ICC is so easy now with the 30% buff that its a cake walk. Remember, we are in the last few weeks/months before an expansion so its to be expected.

If cat is that cose, is it really that important to get into 10 mans that are Pugs anyway?

No, in my opinion, not really. I have really stopped pugging or raiding. I have a lot of gold, great gear and most of the heirloom items to use with alts once the expansion comes. Now I am working on professions and achievements.

Personally, I think Cataclysm will be here sooner than most people think, mid-November at the latest. If you look at the beta builds and the time frame, it shouldn't be too long.

Some things people have to remember.  This is the very last tier of raiding we are talking about.  The mere fact that you can join a pug and have a decent chance of clearing it is a major improvement.   The problem of course lies with players like the OP who think they should just be able to log in and do the hardest content in the game whenever they want without any restrictions.

Guilds are doing this weekly.   My guild is still running almost every other raid just for achievements and fun.   Because a solo player cannot find other players to carry them through the final tier of raiding does not mean there is a problem with WOW, or with an add-on called gearscore...

• 09280928 Member Posts: 6

I

• 09280928 Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Azrile

Originally posted by MMOman101

The PUG/random system has killed the needs for guilds. ICC is so easy now with the 30% buff that its a cake walk. Remember, we are in the last few weeks/months before an expansion so its to be expected.

If cat is that cose, is it really that important to get into 10 mans that are Pugs anyway?

No, in my opinion, not really. I have really stopped pugging or raiding. I have a lot of gold, great gear and most of the heirloom items to use with alts once the expansion comes. Now I am working on professions and achievements.

Personally, I think Cataclysm will be here sooner than most people think, mid-November at the latest. If you look at the beta builds and the time frame, it shouldn't be too long.

Some things people have to remember.  This is the very last tier of raiding we are talking about.  The mere fact that you can join a pug and have a decent chance of clearing it is a major improvement.   The problem of course lies with players like the OP who think they should just be able to log in and do the hardest content in the game whenever they want without any restrictions.

Guilds are doing this weekly.   My guild is still running almost every other raid just for achievements and fun.   Because a solo player cannot find other players to carry them through the final tier of raiding does not mean there is a problem with WOW, or with an add-on called gearscore...

If something is keepin you from joining raids there is definitely a problem, how else are you going to get the best gear and fight bosses like the lich king which are the like the whole point to buying xpacs. Sure there are ways to get gear but who wants to spend that much time and gold doing that. GS is big problem on my server (Alterac Mountains) not only for getting into raids but also joining guilds new and old most of them require you to have ceratain GS to join even guilds i've seen since i started back in '06. Most PuGs on my server want to see an achievement or GS to join, how can you get achievements for raids if you cant get in them cause of your GS, requireing a GS of 5.7k-6k in order to do crap like OS 10 man is just plain stupid raiding guilds sometime ask for the same thing. The GS mod makes it hard for new players to see the best content of the game becasue they cant join raids do to their GS. what happend to knowing what to do and what not to do in order to join a raid?(you that thing called skill or smart player).And no solo player is ever carried we're the ones who have to fight to keep our spot by keeping up with the dps or healing when raidin with a guild and sometimes still end up getting kicked beacuse another guildie wants to join lol makes me wonder who is really being carried

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Okay i know i only have or had, don't know if they delete like 3 year old accounts or not. but i only had a 46 level warlock. But i don't remember this gear score whatever it is.  So I may be completely wrong. But what happen to, your the class we need as long as you have the skills your cool to come in?

When did a number decide if someone was any good or not? Last time i remember looking for members for any kind of group it was based on if the player was actually any good at their class. Like healing at the right times or control their DPS so the tank wouldn't lose aggro. Maybe i'm just from a different era of people but i didn't look at a arbitrary number to decide if someone should join my group or not. I looked at experience at their class,  if their levels were high enough and if they had the right skills/spells to work in the group and the right attitude (generally not being a jerk or a silent person) to work in my group.

Has the requirements for groups changed that much that we stopped looking at the player and looking at a graph instead to choose who comes along?

As for the OP if this isn't the norm, my suggestion and i'm sure others have said the same thing. Find a group of people who don't care about gear scores and just want to hunt. Then you'll get past this "player induced wall" your up against.  It's not the encounter blocking you, it's the people.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• LeemegLeemeg Member UncommonPosts: 230

Originally posted by whilan

Okay i know i only have or had, don't know if they delete like 3 year old accounts or not. but i only had a 46 level warlock. But i don't remember this gear score whatever it is.  So I may be completely wrong. But what happen to, your the class we need as long as you have the skills your cool to come in?

When did a number decide if someone was any good or not? Last time i remember looking for members for any kind of group it was based on if the player was actually any good at their class. Like healing at the right times or control their DPS so the tank wouldn't lose aggro. Maybe i'm just from a different era of people but i didn't look at a arbitrary number to decide if someone should join my group or not. I looked at experience at their class,  if their levels were high enough and if they had the right skills/spells to work in the group and the right attitude (generally not being a jerk or a silent person) to work in my group.

Has the requirements for groups changed that much that we stopped looking at the player and looking at a graph instead to choose who comes along?

As for the OP if this isn't the norm, my suggestion and i'm sure others have said the same thing. Find a group of people who don't care about gear scores and just want to hunt. Then you'll get past this "player induced wall" your up against.  It's not the encounter blocking you, it's the people.

Sadly it isn't like that anymore. Atleast not in the PuR/PuG area.

But, luckly there is guilds out there that don't care about GS

--
    Leemeg.

• SertiiSertii Member Posts: 52

my advice for you, is to find another game. Seriously, once you actually get all that gear, what is there left to do? Kill the lich king? for what? more gear? and when you have top notch gear, what are you going to do then? Exactly - nothing. You wait till the next expansion comes out wich renders all of your gear completely useless, and the cycle keeps going on. I mean the gameplay itself isnt even fun in pve. All you do, is stand behind a boss, hit your 4-5 buttons and 1-2 cooldowns now and then, along with the occasional, move out of gas/fire/meteor/other element. The community is one of the worst in any game. The game gets even more community unfriendly with each patch, and the whole game just doens't work anymore. It feels more like a lobby-based game, with everyone just waiting around dalaran for the raid summon or the dungeon invite, and trust me, this will only get worse.

Just ask yourselves... Why do i still play?

SteamID: Sertii

Help spread PC gaming dominance, sign up on Steam!

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by Sertii

my advice for you, is to find another game. Seriously, once you actually get all that gear, what is there left to do? Kill the lich king? for what? more gear? and when you have top notch gear, what are you going to do then? Exactly - nothing. You wait till the next expansion comes out wich renders all of your gear completely useless, and the cycle keeps going on. I mean the gameplay itself isnt even fun in pve. All you do, is stand behind a boss, hit your 4-5 buttons and 1-2 cooldowns now and then, along with the occasional, move out of gas/fire/meteor/other element. The community is one of the worst in any game. The game gets even more community unfriendly with each patch, and the whole game just doens't work anymore. It feels more like a lobby-based game, with everyone just waiting around dalaran for the raid summon or the dungeon invite, and trust me, this will only get worse.

Just ask yourselves... Why do i still play?

What is surprising is i started to notice the same thing in EQ around it's 6 or 7 year mark. The community went downhill and it was all about getting the next big piece.  Though it never got as bad as the WoW community, although as i only heard that from others i can't judge on the community itself. But the surprising thing to me is that this seems to be normal for MMOs. they do great (at least the good ones) at the start and as time goes on, i guess the community gets bored and it starts to degrade.

Maybe this is a self implanted mechanic to say the game has run it's course? Sure it can stay alive but this is to make sure something doesn't last forever and makes room for other newer things?

Just seems odd to me.

FYI i'm in no way saying the game should die, it can live for as long as it likes in my opinion, just noting an interesting similarity in long run games.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

If you want to raid you get in a guild. It's as simple as that, and it's pretty much always been as simple as that. Pugs generally look for people that severely over gear an instance, because it's a PuG! You have less chance of having someone in all greens with a bad spec who has never stepped foot in a raid or whatever when you look for a high gear score. I'm not defending gear score, I detest it personally, but that's why people use it for PuGs, or armory, or wow-heroes, /inspect, what have you. 

If you join a guild that isn't like the top guild on your server or something ridiculous, just like a middle of the road progression guild for ICC 10 or 25, then you'll get a nice little raid spot and you just have to show up once a week or whatnot and do your job, you'll probably get geared fairly quick if you are consistent enough in showing up and if you actually have skill. And then before you know it you can either keep raiding with said guild (which in my opinion would be the obvious answer, especially if it's a group of chill folks who are fun to be around) or you could run out and PuG it up with your new gear score. 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Originally posted by Aeroangel

If you want to raid you get in a guild. It's as simple as that, and it's pretty much always been as simple as that.  Really?  I've been in 2 raiding guilds in WoW and in both, as I'm sure happens in 90% of the guilds out there, there are cliques inside each one..  There are the "primary" team that does their thing and ID's themselves.. If you are the 11th or 15th or 27th person to a raid you'll always be a bench warmer.. WAITING for a primary raider not show up on a given night..  Which seldom happens.. Belonging to a guild NEVER guarantees you a raid spot..  Pugs generally look for people that severely over gear an instance, because it's a PuG! You have less chance of having someone in all greens with a bad spec who has never stepped foot in a raid or whatever when you look for a high gear score. I'm not defending gear score, I detest it personally, but that's why people use it for PuGs, or armory, or wow-heroes, /inspect, what have you. 

If you join a guild that isn't like the top guild on your server or something ridiculous, just like a middle of the road progression guild for ICC 10 or 25, then you'll get a nice little raid spot and you just have to show up once a week or whatnot and do your job, you'll probably get geared fairly quick if you are consistent enough in showing up and if you actually have skill. And then before you know it you can either keep raiding with said guild (which in my opinion would be the obvious answer, especially if it's a group of chill folks who are fun to be around) or you could run out and PuG it up with your new gear score.  In your case that MIGHT be the situation, however my experience as well as surfing the WoW armory, that is NOT the case :)  A vast majority of the guild hoppers are due to the fact that people are tired of cliques running the raids, and everyone else has to take a number and wait..  I have NEVER heard or witness a raiding guild that promotes a "maditory" rotation of raiders..  What I mean by maditiory rotation is that on 10 mans, you can have the 7 experience raiders while filling in 3 others from the guild wanting a piece of the action as well.. HENSE breaking up the high school clique raiding.. 

If anyone responds with a "there are guilds that do that, just look for them".. need to give us exact guild names and server they are on.. and I will gladly contact them to verify that is guild policy :)

• unbound55unbound55 Member UncommonPosts: 325

Originally posted by Rydeson

If you want to raid you get in a guild. It's as simple as that, and it's pretty much always been as simple as that.  Really?  I've been in 2 raiding guilds in WoW and in both, as I'm sure happens in 90% of the guilds out there, there are cliques inside each one..  There are the "primary" team that does their thing and ID's themselves.. If you are the 11th or 15th or 27th person to a raid you'll always be a bench warmer.. WAITING for a primary raider not show up on a given night..  Which seldom happens.. Belonging to a guild NEVER guarantees you a raid spot..  Pugs generally look for people that severely over gear an instance, because it's a PuG! You have less chance of having someone in all greens with a bad spec who has never stepped foot in a raid or whatever when you look for a high gear score. I'm not defending gear score, I detest it personally, but that's why people use it for PuGs, or armory, or wow-heroes, /inspect, what have you. 

If you join a guild that isn't like the top guild on your server or something ridiculous, just like a middle of the road progression guild for ICC 10 or 25, then you'll get a nice little raid spot and you just have to show up once a week or whatnot and do your job, you'll probably get geared fairly quick if you are consistent enough in showing up and if you actually have skill. And then before you know it you can either keep raiding with said guild (which in my opinion would be the obvious answer, especially if it's a group of chill folks who are fun to be around) or you could run out and PuG it up with your new gear score.  In your case that MIGHT be the situation, however my experience as well as surfing the WoW armory, that is NOT the case :)  A vast majority of the guild hoppers are due to the fact that people are tired of cliques running the raids, and everyone else has to take a number and wait..  I have NEVER heard or witness a raiding guild that promotes a "maditory" rotation of raiders..  What I mean by maditiory rotation is that on 10 mans, you can have the 7 experience raiders while filling in 3 others from the guild wanting a piece of the action as well.. HENSE breaking up the high school clique raiding.. 

If anyone responds with a "there are guilds that do that, just look for them".. need to give us exact guild names and server they are on.. and I will gladly contact them to verify that is guild policy :)

Actually, I ran my guild that way (mandatory rotations)...unfortunately, back when I played WoW several years ago.  The problem I would run into is that a number of people got upset that they weren't in every run (no matter how many times I explained to them that it is only fair to rotate).  In several cases, my guild got used to gear people up who then left to join larger raiding guilds.

When dealing with people, there just isn't a perfect scenario.  Whether leadership or guild members, there will always be issues.  Find a guild that works well enough, or start your own, are really the only solutions.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

If you want to raid you get in a guild. It's as simple as that, and it's pretty much always been as simple as that.  [1] Really?  I've been in 2 raiding guilds in WoW and in both, as I'm sure happens in 90% of the guilds out there, there are cliques inside each one..  There are the "primary" team that does their thing and ID's themselves.. If you are the 11th or 15th or 27th person to a raid you'll always be a bench warmer.. WAITING for a primary raider not show up on a given night..  Which seldom happens.. Belonging to a guild NEVER guarantees you a raid spot..  In your case that MIGHT be the situation, however my experience as well as surfing the WoW armory, that is NOT the case :)  A vast majority of the guild hoppers are due to the fact that people are tired of cliques running the raids, and everyone else has to take a number and wait..  I have NEVER heard or witness a raiding guild that promotes a "maditory" rotation of raiders..  What I mean by maditiory rotation is that on 10 mans, you can have the 7 experience raiders while filling in 3 others from the guild wanting a piece of the action as well.. HENSE breaking up the high school clique raiding.. 

[2] In your case that MIGHT be the situation, however my experience as well as surfing the WoW armory, that is NOT the case :)  A vast majority of the guild hoppers are due to the fact that people are tired of cliques running the raids, and everyone else has to take a number and wait..  I have NEVER heard or witness a raiding guild that promotes a "maditory" rotation of raiders..  What I mean by maditiory rotation is that on 10 mans, you can have the 7 experience raiders while filling in 3 others from the guild wanting a piece of the action as well.. HENSE breaking up the high school clique raiding.. 

[1]

So, being in a guild doesn't guarentee a raid spot, but you claim the same 10 guildmemebers in a "clique" have a permanent spot in the raid every week.   Priceless.

[2]

So you gleen some special insight as to why people hop guilds, because you surf the armory?  Again, priceless.

Thanks all

If you are having trouble getting into someone elses raid, start your own.  Wow is filled with people from every walk of life and I'm sure you can find 9 other like minded players to fill out a raid with. 

Put up a message on your server forum with what you are looking for and the playstyle you prefer. 

• DmyankeeDmyankee Member UncommonPosts: 135

I still play world of warcraft ... right now i have walked away from raiding and playing on my 80s because of the vicious cycle mentioned. The thing is that I pug raids now since my guild consists of 4 people (Wife, and 3 RL Friends). that is it it is a choice we made. The biggest reason i walked away from raiding was in november last year, but i came back to the game in may it is funny how people depend so much on GS ... but when i run randoms (and i did run a lot of randoms) I would out dps players that were up to 300 gs pts higher than me (at the time i had 4770) it has gotten a little better now. But sadly, i have not raided since ulduar i have watched the fights but getting into ICC or TOC (both pugged frequently on Scarlet Crusade) since i have not actually done the fights ... is a vicious circle. So i am just waiting on cataclysm and getting to 85 on my DK and going from there.

Artorus Giltanus - Ranger EQ1 Retired
    Arturien - 90 Deathknight WoW

Originally posted by Daffid011

If you want to raid you get in a guild. It's as simple as that, and it's pretty much always been as simple as that.  [1] Really?  I've been in 2 raiding guilds in WoW and in both, as I'm sure happens in 90% of the guilds out there, there are cliques inside each one..  There are the "primary" team that does their thing and ID's themselves.. If you are the 11th or 15th or 27th person to a raid you'll always be a bench warmer.. WAITING for a primary raider not show up on a given night..  Which seldom happens.. Belonging to a guild NEVER guarantees you a raid spot..  In your case that MIGHT be the situation, however my experience as well as surfing the WoW armory, that is NOT the case :)  A vast majority of the guild hoppers are due to the fact that people are tired of cliques running the raids, and everyone else has to take a number and wait..  I have NEVER heard or witness a raiding guild that promotes a "maditory" rotation of raiders..  What I mean by maditiory rotation is that on 10 mans, you can have the 7 experience raiders while filling in 3 others from the guild wanting a piece of the action as well.. HENSE breaking up the high school clique raiding.. 

[2] In your case that MIGHT be the situation, however my experience as well as surfing the WoW armory, that is NOT the case :)  A vast majority of the guild hoppers are due to the fact that people are tired of cliques running the raids, and everyone else has to take a number and wait..  I have NEVER heard or witness a raiding guild that promotes a "maditory" rotation of raiders..  What I mean by maditiory rotation is that on 10 mans, you can have the 7 experience raiders while filling in 3 others from the guild wanting a piece of the action as well.. HENSE breaking up the high school clique raiding.. 

[1]

So, being in a guild doesn't guarentee a raid spot, but you claim the same 10 guildmemebers in a "clique" have a permanent spot in the raid every week.   Priceless.  (you must be lost.. do explain.. lol )

[2]

So you gleen some special insight as to why people hop guilds, because you surf the armory?  Again, priceless.

(maybe you missed the memo,, but the armoy records latest boss kills.. When a vast number of guilds show the same clique always getting the run, and kills while other members are told to sit and wait..  A vast majority of guilds fall in this categoy).. However I will have to say, TY to Robo for posting his guild, which is one of the few select that use the DK system..  On  my main server there are only 2 guilds that I'm aware of that use the DK system fairly and both have so many members, they are not accepting apps.. 

BTW Robo.. I know proper DKP guilds do exist out there.. Just that they are rare and most never belong to one.. I haven't been in one since my EQ1 days.. How I miss those raids.. they were the best..

[1]

So, being in a guild doesn't guarentee a raid spot, but you claim the same 10 guildmemebers in a "clique" have a permanent spot in the raid every week.   Priceless.  (you must be lost.. do explain.. lol )

[2]

(maybe you missed the memo,, but the armoy records latest boss kills.. When a vast number of guilds show the same clique always getting the run, and kills while other members are told to sit and wait..  A vast majority of guilds fall in this categoy).. However I will have to say, TY to Robo for posting his guild, which is one of the few select that use the DK system..  On  my main server there are only 2 guilds that I'm aware of that use the DK system fairly and both have so many members, they are not accepting apps.. 

BTW Robo.. I know proper DKP guilds do exist out there.. Just that they are rare and most never belong to one.. I haven't been in one since my EQ1 days.. How I miss those raids.. they were the best..

You talk about how being in a guild isn't a guarentee of a raid spot then you soapbox about how a select few people are guarenteed raid spots.  You contradict your whole argument all over the place. 

As for the armory, that is your assumption and nothing more.  You have no idea what people in those guilds are being told or even what they might ask for.  Then you state your opinions as if you represent the masses.  Saying people will ALWAYS be a bench warmer, 90% of guilds have cliques, primary raiders seldom don't show up, vast majority of guild hoppers this or that, NEVER heard of guilds with manditory rotations is just hyperbole.

Perhaps you just don't know as much as you think you do and surfing the armory and being in 2 guilds doesn't give you insight enough to speak on behalf of millions of other players as if you know their motivations and personal guild policies in the manner you claim to? 

As for me missing the memo, what did I miss?  I can log into wow any day of the week and find a raid that changes members almost weekly.  Every single day I can find multiple groups of people making new raids, looking for replacments or whatever.  There is nothing stopping any guild jumper from starting their own raid and finding 9 other people.  I've done it and it takes very little effort. 

You guys act like you are being prevented from doing something, because the evil cliques are blocking your path.  A little effort and some decent people skills go a long way to making your own way in an mmo. 

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Actually, I think my gear is pretty strong, buit still I get kicked.  They are checking gear scores left and right now.  I do a shit load of damage and can hold my own in many situations and know how to play this guy.  Look at my toon.  Where is he messed up?  I cant figure it out.

WOW ARMORY

It is very frustrating.

Dunno if anyone answered this yet but...

CRAFTED GEAR!

There is a crafted chest, boots, wrists, and legs that you could be working toward, when I got my toon to 80 I grinded out all 4 of these crafted pieces.

Chest is 245 Wrists are 245

Boots are 264 and so are the legs.   

Combine all of those and your gear score will be like 5.3ish  which is what most people want for every raid.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

hate to say it, but in a way, WoW has encouraged this kind of thing... players get so used to having the game do everything for them, that when the time comes for them to be more proactive.. they're at a loss... maybe its just the way things are going in MMO's these days.... players who just sit and wait for things to happen... wheres the fun in that ? no wonder they complain about it.. i wonder how many (if any?) veteran MMO players have got themselves wedged into that kind of a rut?

Move along Daff.. your entire argument is epic fail.. We can dance around all day,, the FACT...... let me repeat.. the FACTS are that majority of the playerbase NEVER get an equal and fair chance at raiding because of guild drama and game design..  I know you're a huge fan of WoW and it stings when people don't agree wtih you..   Even the devs are aware that raiding is always in favor of the power raiders, and that most everyone else has to wait for table scraps.. You should read and watch more Dev interviews when they talk about raiding mechanics..  Anyways.. this is way OFF TOPIC..

The "facts" are the majority of the playerbase NEVER gets a fair shake?  You sound like a scorned lover that can't accept that millions of other players are happily raiding things while you couldn't.

Like I suggested to the original poster, start your own raid.  It really could solve all of your complaints. 

If, like you said, the majority of the playerbase is screwed out of a raid spot by "power raiders" there should not be any trouble finding 9 other people to play with.  All it takes is a tiny bit of effort and a small amount of people skills.  Tell me how someone else can prevent you from doing that?  Otherwise join any of the number of pick up raids that are constantly seeking people to join them. 

I really don't care that you dislike wow.  Love or hate whatever games you chose, I could not care less.  However to listen to you toss out conspiracies of how some small subset of players are somehow keeping the majority of players locked out of content is just pure garbage.  Stop crying about what other players are not doing FOR you and go make it happen yourself.  Get off your ass, stop blaming everyone else and go make your own enjoyment happen.  It really is just that easy and no one can prevent you from grouping with 9 other players to do something.  Tons of other people are doing that exact thing right now and so can you if you chose to.