Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Fighting Talk: DAOC vs WAR

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In his latest Fighting Talk column, MMORPG.com's Adam Tingle pits Dark Age of Camelot against Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. As Adam says, this week's column is new versus old, elderly versus snot-nosed. Which one of Bioware-Mythic's games will come out on top? Read on to find out! Let's get ready to RUUUUUUUUMBLE!

Since the creation of this series of versus articles, my life has changed. Just last week I made an almighty mess in the Kitchen when Tomato Ketchup faced down Barbeque Sauce; a few days previously I offended my girlfriend by forcing her breasts Into a Thunder Dome “two boobs enter, one boob leaves” type of affair. So to keep within my current mental state, here is another article offering my meager, inflammatory, and often mistaken opinions. Enjoy it you delicious bastards.

Read more Fighting Words: DAOC vs WAR.

image image

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LureeiLureei Member UncommonPosts: 31

nice try but every1 that played daoc hated war because of the failsauce it was

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

DAoC is dated visually, but still stands as one of the greatest MMO's I've ever played.

• harvschmarvharvschmarv Member Posts: 83

Seems ironic that WAR came AFTER DAOC - if DAOC had been the successor with War's advanced graphic capabilities, we'd have a true winner on our hands today.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

So gameplay has equal weighting/importance to newbie experience mkay.

• RevelRevel Member Posts: 100

Doesn't even remotely resemble a competition. I'm afraid the WAR camp is going to be non existant. DAOC 2 please.

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233

Broken link. Love the commentary on a non-existent article :)

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• jkuempeljkuempel Member Posts: 12

This is THE Internet - since when does NOT reading anything NOT give us the right to rip it to shreds?!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Not even a contest, DAoC wins hands down.  Better graphics do not a good game make.

You don't have to even read the article because it is so blatantly obvious.

• toriatoria Member Posts: 75

I still play Daoc after all these years, tried War and didn't like it.

Playing daoc and loving it totally..
    have Played
    Eq,Eq2,WoW,Coh,Cov,
    and other..
    which i have forgotten..

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Zap-Robo

Broken link. Love the commentary on a non-existent article :)

haha beat me to it^^

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453

You know what they say about opinions.....

I wont slam you for yours but 52-51? Sorry but War isnt even in Daoc league. IP issues aside mythic learned nothing about what made daoc great and avoiding none of what made it suck when they made War.

• ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783

There are more problems with this than can be quickly listed.

Just to start, comparing an ancient relic of a game with a relatively new release is just one of the bigger ones. Then talk about which DAoC you mean; pre-ToA, post, non-ToA, frontiers etc.

Pretty silly comparison all around.

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

Normally I would side with you  and agree with your ratings. However DAoC vs WAR is like putting  a hogtied poodle covered in A1 in a cage with a hungry lion. DAoC aside from graphics is a far superior product. Score should have been closer to 70-30.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Originally posted by karat76

Normally I would side with you  and agree with your ratings. However DAoC vs WAR is like putting  a hogtied poodle covered in A1 in a cage with a hungry lion. DAoC aside from graphics is a far superior product. Score should have been closer to 70-30.

I agree with this, I like Warhammer but it realy should have come out more like 60-40 or a bit more.  Personally for PvP I'd give War a 7/10, but for endgame I would give it a 1/10, it is quite simply put the worst endgame I've ever seen.

• RaggnarokhRaggnarokh Member UncommonPosts: 14

i dont even doubt it: Daoc

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

WAR end game 10/10?? LOL!

It was the main reason most people left the game, the end-game is terrible!

• harvschmarvharvschmarv Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by karat76

SIlly karat!

You can't hogtie poodles!

• HersaintHersaint Member UncommonPosts: 366

hahahahahahahahahahahah 10/10 Endgame? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sometimes a fight is just a waste of time and money because its too lopsided. Nice attempt at another fight, but its just too lopsided. Sad sad sad. Wish it was a close fight.

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780

Last time I played DAOC (2.5 years ago maybe?), the game felt very very old and archaic. Movement and control was bad. That said, it still has the best PvP system of any game I've ever played. I'd love to see a new RvR based MMO using 3 realms. Everytime I see a new MMO coming out and it has 2 sides, I just yawn and don't even want to hear anymore about it.

• banshe13banshe13 Member CommonPosts: 200

this was to be a joke DAoC beats WAR so badly in every way besides grahpic's but I still think DAoC beats WAR in that as well.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Originally posted by Yamota

<---------exactly

• AlanthusAlanthus Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by ZoeMcCloskey

Originally posted by Yamota

<---------exactly

Um, the end game most people left doesn't exist any more, I wouldn't give the present end -game a 10/10 but it's a very different beast from what made people quit as soon as they hit 40 and looked up from the keyboard for a sec...

• MesfenlirMesfenlir Member Posts: 208

I am sorry to be rude but saying that WAR´S endgame is good is plain stupid.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

MMORPG shame on you folks. This fight wasnt even fair.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Not even a contest, DAoC wins hands down.  Better graphics do not a good game make.

You don't have to even read the article because it is so blatantly obvious.

I like everything about DAoC better than WAR, including the graphics.

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

This discussion has been closed.