Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Buy Pre-Order

PezDSpencerPezDSpencer Member UncommonPosts: 111

Anyone else pre-order from Best Buy?

I'm getting the CE, and I'm just curious if anyone knows when they're shipping out codes for early access.

---
He said to me, "On your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Comments

• PezDSpencerPezDSpencer Member UncommonPosts: 111

No one?  At all?

---
    He said to me, "On your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

As much as I love Best Buy for my other electronic needs, I would never consider pre ordering any game from them. Plus the small fact, that I can't trade in any games to help bring the cost of the game I do buy down, like I can at Gamestop.

So, I pre order my games from Gamestop only.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

I got same day delivery from Amazon and no keys are out yet anywhere.  They may not get sent via email and require an actual physical key.  The thing is the early access or whatever is actually ont he shipping date, not 8 days later so it should be fine.  Best buy isn't bad with preordering they just don't do midnight releases like Gamestop. 

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

I'm thinking about Pre-Ordering at Best Buy (It's the closest retail store close to where I live). Tempted to get the Limited Edition. But I'm still looking at how SE improves FFXIV before launch before I make my final decision.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by ceforlife
    Codes for early access?  I thought it was a store pick-up and there was going to be an actual box released on the 22nd for pre-orders.

^^This. That's correct. The early access comes from picking up the box and activating the game key like you normally would for activating your account. If you get the CE you get the game on the 22nd. Regular editions get it on the 30th.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Originally posted by PezDSpencer

I'm getting the CE, and I'm just curious if anyone knows when they're shipping out codes for early access.

I would personally recommend getting your money and setting it on fire, it will yield more enjoyment.

• xcaliburxcalibur Member Posts: 571

Originally posted by karmath

Originally posted by PezDSpencer

I would personally recommend getting your money and setting it on fire, it will yield more enjoyment.

I have a few thoughts on where you can stick your money :)