Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hows the crafting/economy

PraorPraor Member Posts: 519

Seen the soon to be release of Aion2.0 , haveing never played this before , I was thinking of getting this. Hows the crafting and economy ?  I'm one of those that likes to gather and make items,also any input as far as race/class suggestions ?  Thanks

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

Comments

• KouDyKouDy Member UncommonPosts: 50

I wouldn't go play Aion because of craft. Yes item crafting is good, items are usable. You will spend quite some time if you want to gather all mats for your items (and by that "quite some time" i mean really a lot because very likely you will get ganked by all those kidz who have nothing better to do). You have to level up in order to get higher level of craft. Lower level items are almost not worth of doing.

Craft itself is as stupid as for example get eight hundreds of orichalcum ore, set them to be converted to bars or something in the forge and go afk for 45 minutes. Rinse and repeat with all other basic materials. Then you have these "mid produts" hit craft on item and pray it will crit for you. Then start all over again with other item.

This is pretty much craft in Aion.

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

Originally posted by Praor

Seen the soon to be release of Aion2.0 , haveing never played this before , I was thinking of getting this. Hows the crafting and economy ?  I'm one of those that likes to gather and make items,also any input as far as race/class suggestions ?  Thanks

Crafting in AION is, IMO, the best of any MMO I have played.  And I have been playing them a long time.  Gathering mats can be time consuming, but you get mats for crafting by gathering and/or drops from mobs (you also get xp from gathering).  The items you craft are highly valuable and actually usable.  you get xp from crafting and can even do work orders which supply the mats and reward you with xp and random rewards (including recipes).  As far as economy MOST of what drops from mobs can be sold quickly and for a tidy sum from the broker and gathering will net you some serious cash on the broker as well.

Hope this helps !!

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

Almost forgot -- 2.0 will be brining in alot of new/returning players, so now is a great time to start up.

• wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

HAHA so True totaly agreed Crafting is mostly made me quit this game ofc other than 10k stupid things like the walls u hit while flying the time it takes the char to pull his wep b4 he starts the spell or how u Froze when u spell cast lol

........ still crafting was pretty boring and not fun at all just new kind or Grind :p