Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arcania

CasaFrankyCasaFranky MünchenMember Posts: 541 Uncommon

Features:

* Huge landscape to explore

* Different climes

* Lush and vibrant flora and fauna

* Dynamic transitions between day and night with spectacular lighting effects

* Real-time shadowing for the entire game world

* Familiar, consistent and believeable characters

* Focus on arcane abilities

 

They made some nice short stories to get the people "in" the game:

www.worldofgothic.com

 

And theres a lot of nice Screenshots here too:

www.worldofgothic.com

 

 

What do you think of this game?

 

 

 

 

Comments

  • johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Florence, SCMember Posts: 2,663

    Looks badass. I've been psyched for it, personally. =D 

  • cukimungacukimunga Dacono, COMember Posts: 2,259

    It looks cool but IDK. I just got around to playing Gothic 3 and it was cool till I decided to kill someone and they just got back up.. So then I tried to fight someone got my ass kicked and died then just got back up.   Not sure what that was all about.

  • BloodaxesBloodaxes ZabbarMember Posts: 3,390 Rare

    If I got it right from the website that's gothic 4 right?

    If yes then my only point to say is hope they do better testing on the performance this time gothic 3 dissapointed me on performance side.


  • CasaFrankyCasaFranky MünchenMember Posts: 541 Uncommon


    Originally posted by bloodaxes
    If I got it right from the website that's gothic 4 right?
    If yes then my only point to say is hope they do better testing on the performance this time gothic 3 dissapointed me on performance side.

    Gothic 1-3 was made by Piranha Bytes.
    A small company, laking of manpower.

    After the release of G3 they lost the rights to develop part 4 to the publisher.
    They hired Spellbound to create a Sequel to Gothic 3 and its addon Forsaken Gods.

    Spellbound is known well in germany for his bugfree and nice games with interesting features.

    Im really looking forward to Arcania.

    Piranha Bytes lost their Touch to create good games.
    Gothic 3 wasnt that good, and Risen aswell.

  • BloodaxesBloodaxes ZabbarMember Posts: 3,390 Rare

    Great then I'll see how it will be when a demo is out.

    I could never get past the performance issues that gothic 3 has and wasted money on it =/


  • CasaFrankyCasaFranky MünchenMember Posts: 541 Uncommon


    Originally posted by bloodaxes
    Great then I'll see how it will be when a demo is out.
    I could never get past the performance issues that gothic 3 has and wasted money on it =/
    thers a real good patch for g3:
    http://www.worldofgothic.com/gothic3/
    it makes a difference like day and night.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes ZabbarMember Posts: 3,390 Rare

    Can't try it atm but when I installed it the patcher could never work for me :S

    Is it possible to download them manualy?


  • CasaFrankyCasaFranky MünchenMember Posts: 541 Uncommon


    Originally posted by bloodaxes
    Can't try it atm but when I installed it the patcher could never work for me :S
    Is it possible to download them manualy?

    yeah, thers a dl link on this site.

    and its not an official patch, so your official patcher wont download this.

  • CasaFrankyCasaFranky MünchenMember Posts: 541 Uncommon

    two new vids at youtube:

  • LorkLork Phildadelphia, PAMember Posts: 338

    Originally posted by CasaFranky


    Features:
    * Huge landscape to explore

    * Different climes

    * Lush and vibrant flora and fauna

    * Dynamic transitions between day and night with spectacular lighting effects

    * Real-time shadowing for the entire game world

    * Familiar, consistent and believeable characters

    * Focus on arcane abilities

     
    They made some nice short stories to get the people "in" the game:
    www.worldofgothic.com


     
    And theres a lot of nice Screenshots here too:
    www.worldofgothic.com
     
     
    What do you think of this game?
     
     
     
     

    The game looks promising. Thanks for the information.

  • BannneBannne LondonMember Posts: 244

    Originally posted by johnmatthais


    Looks badass. I've been psyched for it, personally. =D 

    Yes it looks great. I loved Gothic 1 and 2 plus "night of the raven" ,gothic 3 was okay but needed patches. Here we are with new dev team and a great looking game,okay it's not the gothic story but it's a freash start.

    This year will be the year of the European RPG.

     

    Don't forget one of the best RPG if not thee best RPG in the last ten years has a sequel coming out as well.

     

    Forget about DAO being a mature RPG,it's kids play ...

    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-the-witcher/63501

  • CasaFrankyCasaFranky MünchenMember Posts: 541 Uncommon

    first real ingame Vid!

    in german only.

  • PedrobPedrob Fort Worth, FLMember Posts: 172

    I've actually had an eye on Arcania for a while, since I'm a Fan of the Gothic Trilogy, can't wait to play "Gothic 4" :)

    Risen was made by the same group that did Gothic, which was a good snack until Arcania is released.

    Just hope they make sure not to release with the number of bugs Forsaken Gods had, it was a record even compared to Gothic 3.

     

     

  • CasaFrankyCasaFranky MünchenMember Posts: 541 Uncommon

    more new vids from E3

     

    trailer:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfhawE36sYw

     

    ignore the german the first 41 seconds:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiUt1bfbbFY

  • candycoatedcandycoated Honolulu, HIMember Posts: 86

    I havent really finished any Gothic game bec their too bugged up but strangely I have them all maybe ill revisit 2 since I dont think 1 will run anymore on win 7

Sign In or Register to comment.