Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

to much grind.... i think

desaster02desaster02 Member UncommonPosts: 20

well i am playing the ob right now with my brother when we finishd the story quest line and the first 5 guildleves ...... there wasnt anything we could do because the next guildleves requires "disziplin of the warrior or mage rank 10"  and i was like ....wtf? i was just 4 or 5  with my archer... so me and my bro went in a cave next to camp blablabla (sry forgot the name) and grinded like hours and hours until we got 10. well guess what we went to the city to take the rank 10 guildleves at camp skull valley there was just like 3 quest..... we did them all and now we have to be rank 20 for the next guildleves ?!?!  i did just got on level 11 with the camp skull valley quest .

so i want to ask did i do something wrong? do i really have to grind 9 levels for my next guildleves?

how can i get more quest? (for my class)

(sry for my bad english i am from germany)

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

You know right that there will be a wipe afterwards?

Why your trying to get at cap? They didn't add every quest in beta so that people would finish everything and feel like they are repeating everything again at launch but don't know how much they didn't add hope a lot of storyline quests.

• desaster02desaster02 Member UncommonPosts: 20

well i wanted to see if there is much grind because it suck to stay hour for hours at the same place and kill the same monsters everytime again i hope they are adding a big bunch of guildleves at release because i dont want to cancel my CE preorder

• KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

Originally posted by bloodaxes

Why your trying to get at cap? They didn't add every quest in beta

Yes they did.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

They said they will we don't know yet.

My real gribe atm is that no one speaks ingame couldn't find a single group and had to solo.

• RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611

My real gribe atm is that no one speaks ingame couldn't find a single group and had to solo.

From some of the other communities I've been with, I don't see the bad in this statement. haha.

I kinda of hope there is a grind. Every game has one. Whether its killing mobs over and over, raiding the same dungeon over and over, or mining the same asteroid over and over. I never understood why people disliked the "grind" so much; its in every game in one way or another.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

It's the problem with ob...ultimately there is no real point trying to play it too far so everyone just dips their toes into the game and tries whatever they feel like at that moment.
  • grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Originally posted by Illyssia

It's the problem with ob...ultimately there is no real point trying to play it too far so everyone just dips their toes into the game and tries whatever they feel like at that moment.

Actually that's not true.  There's plenty of people in open and closed betas that like to rush ahead of everyone else, just as they is in retail.

The lack of communication and ease of finding groups is an issue.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I don't think this is really about rushing to the cap, I think it's more about the lack of content this game has. It's weeks from release and there still isn't  anywhere near the same level of content that others MMOs usually have at this point, including FFXI. They keep promising more content will be added later, and I'm sure it will.. but honestly they should have a lot more inside the game at this point. It would also be nice if there were more quests outside of guildleves in the game. Guildleves are a lot of fun, but they kind of make the gaame feel more like a mini-game than an MMO.

Originally posted by grapevine

Actually that's not true.  There's plenty of people in open and closed betas that like to rush ahead of everyone else, just as they is in retail.

The lack of communication and ease of finding groups is an issue.

the game has built-in group finding feature...people just don't bother with it since it is ob...
  • omegaflareomegaflare Member UncommonPosts: 220

Why your trying to get at cap? They didn't add every quest in beta so that people would finish everything and feel like they are repeating everything again at launch but don't know how much they didn't add hope a lot of storyline quests.

Its called WoW syndrome.. its permanent and irreversible. 

• DiamedesDiamedes Member Posts: 70

I'm more worried about what there is to do in the game besides the regional leves and main storyline. Are there big bosses to take down, harder quests later on, how do we get good gear in the game?

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

If you mean end game, then there's not any and won't be for some time.

Its bascially the story arc and grinding.

Well if that's the case this games going to be pretty bad, I'm having fun so far but if I just log in everyday to do some leves and grind with nothing challenging to do I don't see it holding my attention(or anyone elses) for very long. I'll wait and see though.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Diamedes

Well if that's the case this games going to be pretty bad, I'm having fun so far but if I just log in everyday to do some leves and grind with nothing challenging to do I don't see it holding my attention(or anyone elses) for very long. I'll wait and see though.

I played FFXI and enjoyed it for over two years BEFORE ever trying its endgame, not all games need endgame to be fun.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

I played FFXI and enjoyed it for over two years BEFORE ever trying its endgame, not all games need endgame to be fun.

I played FFXI for over 2 years also and never got a job to endgame but still had fun. I had a lot of fun levelling though and camping NMs, doing missions, unless FFXIV gives incentive to group for good gear or faster exp everyone is going to solo and that will make it a very stale game in my opinion.

By the way, anyone know if there are skillchains in 14?

• Ssz1086Ssz1086 Member Posts: 11

Wo'W focused everything on "end-game" content, and the game turned into a senseless grind..  There's so much content that isnt even experienced anymore, because all people do is the latest dungeon..  I'd hate to see this game turn into that.  New players in WoW will never experience MC, or BWL, AQ, ZG..  etc.. 

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

So... if you aren't doing quests to level up, it automatically makes it a grind? 

It sounds like FFXIV may finally have brought back REAL quests. In original MMOs, quests were done for fun and story, not primary way of leveling up. I can't stand quest grinding. I find it even more mindless than farming mobs, because at least while farming mobs, groups tend to socialize, move around, and explore, rather than everyone just soloing quests and following the dotted line. 

• Clubmaster22Clubmaster22 Member Posts: 279

The "real" quests in here are few and far between, the rest is the most boring grindfest i've seen in a long while. I still can't believe it and want to assume that these are just placeholders but i know that this is it. Atrocious, i wouldn't even play it if it was F2P.

• candycoatedcandycoated Member Posts: 86

Grinding = Had too much no way im going back there :D

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

By the way, anyone know if there are skillchains in 14?

There is something like them... they are called Battle Regiments

• OmasuOmasu Member Posts: 51

Originally posted by omegaflare

Its called WoW syndrome.. its permanent and irreversible. 

You just jump from thread to thread barking this same trash eh ?

To be honest even if you are playing WoW you will still be doing a lot of grinding while playing the game of one form of another.
  • Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

To be honest even if you are playing WoW you will still be doing a lot of grinding while playing the game of one form of another.

Well yeah, WoW is one of the grindiest games out there. You spend a million years just doing pointless quests that try to trick you into thinking you're doing something. You run to a hub, click a giant floating !!! (might as well just get rid of the NPCs and leave the !! floating in the air, WoW isn't exactly the king of immersion or story) then run along the dotted line on your GPS map, kill the mob it told you to kill, run back. Then you get to max level, and raid 4 times a week to get a set of gear, doing the same raid a thousand times. Then you move on to the next one. Then an expansion pack gets released and you do it all over again. 

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Originally posted by Garvon3

Well yeah, WoW is one of the grindiest games out there. You spend a million years just doing pointless quests that try to trick you into thinking you're doing something. You run to a hub, click a giant floating !!! (might as well just get rid of the NPCs and leave the !! floating in the air, WoW isn't exactly the kind of immersion or story) then run along the dotted line on your GPS map, kill the mob it told you to kill, run back. Then you get to max level, and raid 4 times a week to get a set of gear, doing the same raid a thousand times. Then you move on to the next one. Then an expansion pack gets released and you do it all over again. 

You are right about that image

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

Originally posted by bronecar

Originally posted by Garvon3

Well yeah, WoW is one of the grindiest games out there. You spend a million years just doing pointless quests that try to trick you into thinking you're doing something. You run to a hub, click a giant floating !!! (might as well just get rid of the NPCs and leave the !! floating in the air, WoW isn't exactly the kind of immersion or story) then run along the dotted line on your GPS map, kill the mob it told you to kill, run back. Then you get to max level, and raid 4 times a week to get a set of gear, doing the same raid a thousand times. Then you move on to the next one. Then an expansion pack gets released and you do it all over again. 

You are right about that image

I second that one - 100% accurate!

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)