Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Red 5 Studios Finally Reveals Its MMO

Comments

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by bingo69

Originally posted by Wraithone

Graphic look crappy but man... just seeing the fight in the town just gave me the itch to play haha. It's more fun when you're no where safe... Now just add pvp to this and you got a damn nice gameplay game.

You also nich the game from the start. Especially if its forced PvP.  Lets see how this works out.

Alright, I'm confuse on the word "nich" ahha I've heard it alot but wtf does it mean :P

It means that its attractive to only a smaller number of the player base.   Forced PvP doesn't go over nearly as well in the west, as it does in Asia.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • shabazzstershabazzster PWI CorrespondentMember Posts: 32

can't wait to see it perform!

• yevoc42yevoc42 Member Posts: 34

I'm sure the Chinese studio buying them out had something to do with the microtransaction bent, as Asian games rarely adopt the subscription model anymore.

Making a PvP game fully cash shop based and still retaining the balance between the rich and poor is challenging to say the least, but it is doable. 

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water just yet.  If nothing else, they'll probably make a subscription based cash "item" that will even the balance.

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195

It means that its attractive to only a smaller number of the player base.   Forced PvP doesn't go over nearly as well in the west, as it does in Asia.

Well,  there could be multiple world, similar to Wow atm. Where some are full pvp and other are just "area" pvp or even instaced pvp... It's a ~3rdPS so it fit extremely well in pvp ahha :)

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

Resembles Global Agenda a bit .... i like that ... gonne keep an eye on this one.

• FelidorFelidor Member UncommonPosts: 6

A shooter?! Blah.... zero interest.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

I usually dont get hyped by new MMO announcements but this looks awesome!

Finally a new MMO to look forward to, maybe there wil be atleast 1 intersting MMO coming out in 2011 :)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Graphic look crappy but man... just seeing the fight in the town just gave me the itch to play haha. It's more fun when you're no where safe... Now just add pvp to this and you got a damn nice gameplay game.

You also nich the game from the start. Especially if its forced PvP.  Lets see how this works out.

I'm sorry, but the concept of a PVE-based shooter sounds utterly unappealing to me. In fact, that would be the ultimate niche: Shooters are usually PVP-based games by tradition.

That gameplay video looks really good to me, though I have to say MT in a competitive game does sound potentially disastrous. 

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

And I highly doubt there will be anything close to resembling "rpg" for them to tack on to the end of their "mmo", but it will be listed here just like every other non-mmorpg on this site.

god.   i sure hope it has no RPG elements.

please god, let it have no RPG nonsense hampering and crapping up the gameplay. 

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

• slashbeastslashbeast Member Posts: 533

Alot of similarities to GA.

Will keep an eye on it.

Originally posted by MMOExposed

How is this a MMO though? looks to be only a Online Shooter.

Feel me in please.

being a shooter (sure HOPE its just a shooter) has nothing to do with how massively multiplayer (or not) it will be.

not aware of Planetside?  altho IMO, thats a poor shooter (even moreso, poor, extremely unimmersive "world"), it still is a shooter.  with unfortunate RPG elements strapped on.

yeah yeah, somebody start up a proper MMOShooter site so the majority of people here won't be so confused by all the action MMOs that are coming out and on the way.   i know its hard to break things down into seperate parts for most people.

Corpus Callosum    

• EivilSarEivilSar Member Posts: 25

Wow I love how something comes out of the wood that is unique and interesting.

Original graphics/art direction, love the tight designs of the mining instrument and it being carried through to the final town. The gameplay was exceptional, sorry but how can you compare this to Global Agenda.

If this is the first glimpse of this game and it looks exceptional fine tuned and finished then I trust Red 5 to truly impress.

Sic!

EivilSar, Deathhand of International
    Spellborn PvP

• slauterhauseslauterhause Member UncommonPosts: 14

Looks fantastic.  Count me in.

• DunixiDunixi Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by corpusc

And I highly doubt there will be anything close to resembling "rpg" for them to tack on to the end of their "mmo", but it will be listed here just like every other non-mmorpg on this site.

I just wants to shoots stuff.  That other stuff is too hard.

Originally posted by Dunixi

Originally posted by corpusc

I just wants to shoots stuff.  That other stuff is too hard.

lol cuz RPGs are so hard.  thats why 80 year old grandmas have multiple level 80 toons.

this isn't opposite day here, use that line when it IS.

Corpus Callosum    

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

the only question i care about is:

how do they plan to counter helios? no pvp?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• alextodoalextodo Member UncommonPosts: 236

To me this looks like what Global Agenda should have been at Launch. Can`t wait to get my hands on it.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

What a let down.  A team based shooter as if there are not enough of them already.  I would not touch this game with a 10 foot pole.  Microtransactions will kill it, guarenteed.

• MandaloreMandalore Member UncommonPosts: 131

Wow - they made a Borderlands Online .... I think I will wait for the realy MMO Version of Borderlands (and I am sure that they working on such a game ;)).

It looks really like a Borderlands Clone. The graphics, the UI - the items with this little colored line over it ... *g*

Impressive - not ^^

-------------------------------------
     Playing: Overwatch, Genshin Impact, Black Desert Mobile, Hundred Soul, Cyberpunk 2077
     Inactive: WAR, DAoC, RIFT, GW1/2, TSW, Age of Wulin, Black Desert, Blade & Soul, Skyforge

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

OMG an orginal looking MMO with a persistant world, objective oriented gameplay, where pve has a point ?! I want see more of this.

I may actually forgive them microtransactons if it is any close to Tribes massive pvp experience and has some deepth.

• revslaverevslave Member UncommonPosts: 154

Well it looks interesting, i really like the art style of the game , as long as they do not turn it into some item utilization cluster fuck like alot of the traditional mmo's out now i will be very happy.  

Welcome Home

Rev

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

that looked very well done. And even if its shallow, so what - its f2p. Microtransactions wont kill it, it will make playable for most people who would otherwise not be inclined to pay a sub for a game like this. When I play a shooter with a monthly fee I am thinking "why should I continue paying for this when I can play Teamfortress2 for free?" Looking at you APB.

*edit: oh and the guy right above me has the exact same join date and nearly the same number of posts as me. Far-out man.

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by Asheram

Originally posted by MMOExposed

How is this a MMO though? looks to be only a Online Shooter.

Feel me in please.

" According to devs, the game will "thrust hundreds of players together into a lush, dynamic open world combining intense competitive multiplayer and large-scale cooperative gameplay." "

In case you didnt bother to read the article.Seems to be mmo enough for me it all remains to be seen tho.

Just because they describe something that resembles an MMO dosen't make it one.  Star Trek Online claims to be an MMO but everyone who plays it knows that it is a single person shooter most of the time and far from being an MMO, well atleast in the real world.

• wgc01wgc01 Member UncommonPosts: 241

looks nice sounds nice, but all new games are the best thing since sliced bread until they are released, plus shooter type mmo's do not have good track record, will have to wait and see, I will most likely give it a look at least..

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Originally posted by Ozmodan

What a let down.  A team based shooter as if there are not enough of them already.  I would not touch this game with a 10 foot pole.  Microtransactions will kill it, guarenteed.

As oppose to what? The team based melee/shooters we call MMOs now? Whatever. Anyway this looks to be the union of mmo and shooter I've been looking for. APB and Global Agenda didn't do it for me and CO was too zoned for my liking. I just pray the cash shop is cosmetic based and doesn't limit the player base to certain zones.

I always loved stylized graphics over plolygons (plastic + polygons) any day of the week. Not saying I won't enjoy a good plolygon mmo every now and then, but stylized graphics have a certain aire of charm to them. Especially when the world and locals flow together as nicely as they did in that HD video!

Come on Red 5 Studios! Don't let the paper pushers screw up your vision!

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."