Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall New Player Video Guides! They will completely change your experience

ArquitetoArquiteto Member Posts: 228

If it were not for these guides I without a doubt would have not made it past the first few days. This explains pretty much everything you need to do. Valroth did an amazing job with these please check them out.

Darkfall - Accelerated Character Development Guide - P1

Darkfall - Accelerated Character Development Guide - P2

Darkfall - Accelerated Character Development Guide - P3

Darkfall - Accelerated Character Development Guide - P4

Please keep commenting on how these helped you and keep this on the first page for new players.

Comments

• ArquitetoArquiteto Member Posts: 228

Bump.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Good videos makes me want to try it.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

These videos were extremely helpful to me while getting started.

Steam: Neph

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Very usefull links. MoM and Sinister maps are also very handy if you plan to get anywhere in DF. 

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

I used these videos when I first started. Helped me get through a lot of the game at a fairly quick pace from the start. I'm starting to miss Darkfall as of late, may have to return and start again.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Originally posted by Xerith

I used these videos when I first started. Helped me get through a lot of the game at a fairly quick pace from the start. I'm starting to miss Darkfall as of late, may have to return and start again.

I recently subbed back with Darkfall and havn't regretted it for a second. I was also pleasantly surprised with how high my HP's were :)

OP, those vids from Valroth are the perfect introduction to this game. I highly recommend them to anyone starting out, or to those returning to see how things have changed.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Damn, watching those makes me want to sub back up. I really need to start saving money specifically for a gaming rig.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• patshirpatshir Member Posts: 114

Originally posted by Cecropia

Originally posted by Xerith

I recently subbed back with Darkfall and havn't regretted it for a second. I was also pleasantly surprised with how high my HP's were :)

OP, those vids from Valroth are the perfect introduction to this game. I highly recommend them to anyone starting out, or to those returning to see how things have changed.

And the best is yet to come...

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

This want me to play this game again, NOESSS.

• scythe99scythe99 Member Posts: 326

So bascally Darkfall is oblivion cept with asshats that can gank you left and right and take yer crap right?

"An MMORPG could be completely diffirent from WoW. Just look at games like Dofus, Wizard101 or EVE. But as it is, most of the Western MMOs are trying to succeed by out-WoWing WoW. It's like an army of 10 sports games made about same sports, and barely none about other sports. WoW clone is an accurate description of those games, it manages to convey much information with only two words."
    -Poster on mmorpg.com

Rift: World of Warcraft clone #9321 Nothing special to see here move along.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

Originally posted by scythe99

So bascally Darkfall is oblivion cept with asshats that can gank you left and right and take yer crap right?

Yep, it makes the game great!

• scythe99scythe99 Member Posts: 326

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

Yes and no, if your the one doing the killing maybe but picking on newbies is just weak :P and shows your a weak pvper if thats all you can do, least in my eyes. Least we can be assured there is prob no RMT in this game since the bots would all get pked lol XD.

"An MMORPG could be completely diffirent from WoW. Just look at games like Dofus, Wizard101 or EVE. But as it is, most of the Western MMOs are trying to succeed by out-WoWing WoW. It's like an army of 10 sports games made about same sports, and barely none about other sports. WoW clone is an accurate description of those games, it manages to convey much information with only two words."
    -Poster on mmorpg.com

Rift: World of Warcraft clone #9321 Nothing special to see here move along.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

Yes and no, if your the one doing the killing maybe but picking on newbies is just weak :P and shows your a weak pvper if thats all you can do, least in my eyes. Least we can be assured there is prob no RMT in this game since the bots would all get pked lol XD.

Did I say any thing about killing noobs?

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

So bascally Darkfall is oblivion cept with pvpers that can kill you left and right and take yer crap right?

Fixed that for you.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• SouzetsuAeriSouzetsuAeri Member UncommonPosts: 120

I played the trial for this and loved it! I haven't played it in several months now but after watching these videos I love Darkfall even more!

I currently sub to WoW but the only thing stopping me from dropping it for this is the $14.99 monthly fee. If it was any cheaper I would gladly leave WoW for Darkfall.

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

You have to love YouTube! Especially for well produced, crisp and clear videos like the ones produced by DFValroth.

I've become more and more interested in DF, despite my nagging concerns that:

1. failure to properly address consequences for ganking / Pk i.e. blues healing reds and not turning gray

2. my lack of time (once my new job starts in less than 2 weeks - 4 hours a week [Saturday evening] max. That's it)

I've currently been playing Ryzom for the last 2 weeks after years of deliberating, and am thoroughly enjoying the experience; but the nagging voice in the back of my head is just how much sand is there for players? Also, as much as I love the detailed, rich world of Atys, I can't help but think I also want a grittier, harder and more brutal experience. I'm a passive PvPer (I'll happily accept playing in a FFA PvP world ala Eve Online, but I may not always initiate PvP) these days, but I believe in risk vs reward, and for one's actions to have consequence.

The features that have really swung it for me to download the trial, and decide which game - DF or Ryzom - I shall play v. casually (c.f. my lack of time) are the ability to hunt / fish for cooking ingredients and then cook them (ala Ultima Online), as well as the ability to jump off cliffs! I know, silly eh? Yet these small features add a lot of immersion for me. I also like the fact that one has to chop wood, or use a pick axe to grind rocks (plus be constantly aware of one's surroundings due to other players).

Look forward to trying out DF - even if that nagging voice is becoming more incessant that I do not have time, and should be focusing on my studies for my professional qualifications, and putting more effort into my Chinese! I need a lottery win to resolve this conundrum!

Addendum: decided not to install. I do not really have time, and I want to give Ryzom a reasonable amount of time.

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

• zsgsoftzsgsoft Member Posts: 2

NICEEEE

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

guide to pvp competitive in 3 months, more advanced guide not for totally new players.

http://experimental3d.be/site/?page_id=75

My blog: image

• ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231
    Originally posted by SouzetsuAeri

I played the trial for this and loved it! I haven't played it in several months now but after watching these videos I love Darkfall even more!

I currently sub to WoW but the only thing stopping me from dropping it for this is the $14.99 monthly fee. If it was any cheaper I would gladly leave WoW for Darkfall.

The fee is 10 bucks a month.

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

Videos are excellent but watching them makes me shudder again.

I should love this game but two things kill it outright for me:

- The endless inventory sorting and swapping things in and out and then the endless dragging and dropping...FFS, have an auto sort or quick option to get up and rolling again.

- I don't mind 100% looting but not the stuff you are actually using.  If everything in your inventory was looted then so be it. But leave the gear (make it damaged or something) that the player is wearing.  Otherwise its just a pain in the arse each time you die.  Its not so much being old school or whatever, it just isn't fun spending so much time in inventory. 

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    Great videos, can't wait for the re-release of Darkfall Unholy Wars on November 20th. Soon, we will have our true PvP sanbox again. =]
  • GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by chryses

Videos are excellent but watching them makes me shudder again.

I should love this game but two things kill it outright for me:

- The endless inventory sorting and swapping things in and out and then the endless dragging and dropping...FFS, have an auto sort or quick option to get up and rolling again.

- I don't mind 100% looting but not the stuff you are actually using.  If everything in your inventory was looted then so be it. But leave the gear (make it damaged or something) that the player is wearing.  Otherwise its just a pain in the arse each time you die.  Its not so much being old school or whatever, it just isn't fun spending so much time in inventory. 

I agree with you. It was one of the main reasons why I stopped playing Darkfall. It gave me really bad arthritis constantly messing with the inventory and making sense of it.

• ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231
    Cant seem to find the DF free trial :(