Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there anyone subbed to more then one MMO?

shenfreyshenfrey Member UncommonPosts: 114

Well thought i'd ask this because a friend once said to me that you can't really play 2 mmorpgs at once due the investment that the you need to put into one. However I disagree with that since I am having fun playing both WoW and WAR because I enjoy them both and I play them both as much as I can. Some days I invest times on WoW others I invest time on WAR.

What about you guys? Are you invested into more then one mmorpg and if so, which ones?

Thanks

Shenfrey 

Comments

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

MMO's are currently so bad I'm not subscribed to any. I'm waiting for something new to arrive that might be worth playing, but looking at the current list of upcomings I'm not holding my breath for anything great. Rift, maybe. Guild Wars 2 looks like a solo grind. The Old Republic looks too focused on story.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by shenfrey

Well thought i'd ask this because a friend once said to me that you can't really play 2 mmorpgs at once due the investment that the you need to put into one. However I disagree with that since I am having fun playing both WoW and WAR because I enjoy them both and I play them both as much as I can. Some days I invest times on WoW others I invest time on WAR.

What about you guys? Are you invested into more then one mmorpg and if so, which ones?

Thanks

Shenfrey 

I am subbed to five at the moment, MMOs are the cheapest form of entertainment going. I will give you three of them EvE and Mortal Online and EQII. Two others are on a joint subscription so you can probably guess them. My 5th is a MUD :)

• WreckoniingWreckoniing Member UncommonPosts: 279

Originally posted by UsualSuspect

MMO's are currently so bad I'm not subscribed to any. I'm waiting for something new to arrive that might be worth playing, but looking at the current list of upcomings I'm not holding my breath for anything great. Rift, maybe. Guild Wars 2 looks like a solo grind. The Old Republic looks too focused on story.

educate yourself http://www.guildwars2.com/en/

http://www.arena.net/blog/category/guild-wars-2

• KaoRyxKaoRyx Member Posts: 68

Currently I'm not but at one point I was subbed to Champions Online and Aion at the same time. Both turned out to be games I didn't want to continue with, but early-game the lack of time investment isn't that important so I saw no problems.

Some games require a greater time sink to see results than others, but you'll find with a lot of games that this time-sink is often dependent on others (a coordinated guild, or allegiance, or legion or whatever) and thus putting in 8-hours a day won't be much different than just not playing until your friends are on and then investing the 4-hours with them raiding, or doing PvP/RvR/AvA or what have you.

I'm currently playing Global Agenda and have been doing CB/OB for FF XIV. While I'm not paying a sub for either of them at the moment, it stands to reason that I will soon be for FFXIV and they are both MMOs. So it IS possible. 

Someday we'll all look back on the age of computers - and lol.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

At the moment I'm not subscribed to any MMOs, although I might spring for CoH soon. In the past I've been subscribed to two MMOs a couple of different times. One time I was subscribed to both LotRO and EVE. Another time to both Darkfall and Ryzom. Neither of those times lasted for more than two months though. I would usually end up canceling my sub to one of them and focus on the other.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

I used to sub to 2-3 mmo at the same time but not anymore..I only have time to play one now.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• dragonbranddragonbrand Member UncommonPosts: 441

I am currently subbed to multiple MMOs. I am subbed to EVE, Fallen Earth and Vanguard. I find that now, later in my gaming life, one style of MMO doesnt satisfy gaming. Vanguard works for fantasy and grouping, Fallen Earth for crafting and something more active for combat as it is semi-FPS, EVE for my building/creating/politics side.

Gaming since Avalon Hill was making board games.

Played SWG, EVE, Fallen Earth, LOTRO, Rift, Vanguard, WoW, SWTOR, TSW, Tera
    Tried Aoc, Aion, EQII, RoM, Vindictus, Darkfail, DDO, GW, PotBS

• rwmillerrwmiller Member Posts: 472

I have two Sony Station access accounts that allow me to have access to my EQ, EQ2 and VG characters. I did try Pirates but wasn't able to stick with it. For EQ my characters are high level but mostly they just sit around and chat and craft the odd item or buff people. In EQ2 I had created a number of alts and had leveled most of them to the middle levels with one or two high end toons but EQ2 has been fairly idle of late. Vanguard is Vanguard and again a number of characters have been created but other than logging in now and then I don't really play it much.

My two Eve accounts were active until recently but I have closed them and doubt I will open them up again even though they were started when the game opened up. I would probably still be playing but it really isn't suitable for me any more as one of the activities that I used to do was to do mining in Empire space while at work. This allowed me to read email, answer the phone and just shuttle the ore or ice back to my hangar. Unfortunately, CCP and much of the player base seem to consider this sort of activity to be wrong and have gone out of their way to discourage players. Congratulations CCP you get your way and I will stop mining and chatting and building stuff and just quit the game, so are you happy now?

My AoC account was active until the other month but I just found I wasn't enjoying it enough so I have just closed it. I have a high level Bear Shaman but I was trying out the other classes and just couldn't face doing the last quest series to leave Tortage yet one more time so I cancelled.

My LotRO account is a lifetime one and I play it fairly regularly still.

I have two Warhammer accounts but I stopped the subscription on them some time ago and doubt that I will ever return to that game.

My two Aion accounts were active until this week but I've just stopped their subscriptions even though I have max level characters on them.

I have four WoW accounts but have stopped running them on monthly subscriptions and just use a prepaid card when I get bored and want to mess about. I have characters of every class both horde and alliance and have 10 level 80s. Right now I'm just working on leveling a couple of older warlocks as that is probably my least favorite class to play. Not sure if I will upgrade them all to Cataclysm or not but I will definitely do it on one to check things out. Not sure I will create any more alts as I don't see much reason to create anything with the two new races.

I have on order or will be ordering FFXIV, GW2 and Rift which I hope will all be enjoyable.

Can you play more than one MMO at a time? Sure.  Can you be at the top of league in more than one? Doubtful. I like to explore and try out new aspects of a game I like to try each class and all the crafting and to do the various quests. In WoW for a long time I was a high end raider and while I enjoyed the challenge and satisfaction of learning and beating the various encounters I found that the drama and stress of raiding was too much for me to want to deal with. Of course this was after years of raiding in EQ and then EQ2 plus raiding from the start of WoW so 8 or 9 years of raiding was probably enough for anyone.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

I have never had subscriptions to different games active at the same time - there's a little voice in the back of my mind that goes "shouldn't you be using what you paid for"?  That said, I did have multiple subscriptions to one game once and I don't know why that didn't set off alarms sooner.  A different time, a different budget, I guess.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

Originally posted by rwmiller 

I have four WoW accounts but have stopped running them on monthly subscriptions and just use a prepaid card when I get bored and want to mess about.

I have to ask ... how did you end up opening multiple WoW accounts? 

I understand a game like UO where there are important per-account entitlements like houses, but I struggle to understand how someone makes that leap in WoW.

• RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611

Heh, I'm sure that anyone that plays EVE either:

1. Has two accounts

2. Is subbed to another game

I'm certain I'll always keep my World of Warcraft account open. The game seems to be in a lull right now so I'm moping around for something else to play.