Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who misses Tabula Rasa?

Comments

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Originally posted by prfella

On another note, it was announced that  Richard Garriot won said lawsuit against NCSoft. Maybe now he will have the power to resurrect the game, although this is quite honestly only wishful thinking as nothing has been said about him reacquiring the rights to TR or resurrecting the game.

One can dream though! :) 

If he really was interested in getting the rights I would think he would have included such in his lawsuit. I think RG just wanted his cash and move on to the next project(if he has one). Bringing back TR probably would be tough, it is not like the game has a sterling reputation or a big following.

• most people didn't even give it a try it was a good game and worth the time we all but into it, i miss it

Originally posted by duragesic

most people didn't even give it a try it was a good game and worth the time we all but into it, i miss it

Most people do not give any particular game a try. I do not think it was worth the time I put into, so please refrain from speaking for me.

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

I miss it a lot... I played from fairly early in the beta until the game closed down.

I wish that Garriot and DG had been able to get and run the game, maybe with another publisher, and added the content that it needed to succeed. That was really all it was missing was enough content, and end-game content specifically, to keep people interested. Even missing content it was still an extremely fun game.

imageimage

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

Originally posted by Darkholme

I miss it a lot... I played from fairly early in the beta until the game closed down.

I wish that Garriot and DG had been able to get and run the game, maybe with another publisher, and added the content that it needed to succeed. That was really all it was missing was enough content, and end-game content specifically, to keep people interested. Even missing content it was still an extremely fun game.

imageimage

More content and a near complete revamp of class skills after level 30. There was simply no real choices to make since certain skills vastly outperformed others that it was clear what to take to be good. More options and skills that made for class diversity inside of each class would have been good.

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316

i miss tabula rasa, it was a hidden gem that would have sparkled with a bit more polish, it was ended before it could reach its prime.

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• AurukAuruk Member Posts: 36

Why doesnt someone run a private server?

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

Originally posted by IceShadeX2

Why doesnt someone run a private server?

No one has the source code or server code. If someone were able to steal it, go ahead, but NCSoft would sue I'm sure.

On a similar note, whats the new website for planettr.com, the old fan site for TR?

• DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175

I thought they gonna release the code once the shutdown was a fact why should they sue they terminated the game ?

How about making a petition and ask them to release the code ?

Originally posted by DEXA88

I thought they gonna release the code once the shutdown was a fact why should they sue they terminated the game ?

How about making a petition and ask them to release the code ?

I would not expect them to release the code. One day they might try and release the game again or possibly use it to pay off RG since he won the suit. Maybe they can give him 10 million cash and the rights to TR. Then RG can try and make it work.

• hellswinterhellswinter Member Posts: 17

I did read in a recent (3/4 months ago) online blog invterview with Richard Garriot and a MMO site that there are 'talks' about a Tabula Rasa 2. Who knows how true that is and how long it would take to develop.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

I miss it soo much, the game had THE potential...I think that rather small things could make this game really shine.. like playable bane side, revamped crafting , no auto-aim in PvP and thats about it...

Tho I also think they completely failed with the logos...If you could somehow create your own skill out of most of logos you find it would be so aweome (I dont know how would that work tho:D )

Slicing enemies with my spy burning them down with commando and one shoting with sniper was just so fun!!

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Why does'nt NCSoft sell this game to another company to run ? With a little more polish and a hyrbid buisness model it could still be a success .

Originally posted by Pigozz

I miss it soo much, the game had THE potential...I think that rather small things could make this game really shine.. like playable bane side, revamped crafting , no auto-aim in PvP and thats about it...

Tho I also think they completely failed with the logos...If you could somehow create your own skill out of most of logos you find it would be so aweome (I dont know how would that work tho:D )

Slicing enemies with my spy burning them down with commando and one shoting with sniper was just so fun!!

Playable Bane might have helped, but only if they got a total revamp as they were not strong enough to be useful. As a spy if you polymorphed at all you know what I mean.

Crafting needed to be totally remade and PvP should have either never happened like it did or been an important part of the game from the beginning. The atrocious crap they threw at us as PvP was a joke and not worth 15 minutes of my time. All in all to be a success TR needed about a years more work, the content after level 30 was pathetic.

The problem with logos was they were a HUGE part of the story line yet you could make a character and level with NO problems and never use a logos. I know a guy who intentionally avoided getting any of the logos and could still progress through the game with ease. When you build a game around a system and an enemy they both need to actually be important and game changing, neither Logos nor the Bane really fit the bill.

If TR could have been saved with small changes why would they kill it off?

Originally posted by OkhamsRazor

Why does'nt NCSoft sell this game to another company to run ? With a little more polish and a hyrbid buisness model it could still be a success .

A little more polish? And the Titanic could float again with just a couple of welds.

TR needs more than a little polish. The hybrid business model might work, but a game needs to be interesting and have things worth buying to make such a model work. How would TR do that? Would they sell items in the store that make the game pay to win? Would they give advantages in PvP?

Simply saying hybrid business model could make it a success is fantasy. It would need a lot of work, and a well created model so that the store is not an I win button.

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

I miss the concept of TR more than I miss the actual game =/

• kingfelixkingfelix Member UncommonPosts: 214

I really think it was a tragedy they didn't give this game more of a chance before pulling the plug. Sure, it wasn't perfect but IMHO it was a lot more fun than a lot of other MMOs on the market that have managed to hang around after bad launches. It seems that those of us looking for a sci-fi MMO where we don't only play as a ship have really gotten the shaft over the years. Hopefully SW:TOR will remedy this situation.

• VandeviousVandevious Member UncommonPosts: 4

I've been missing this game ALOT, recently. So much, that I've been watcing old gameplay videos on YouTube.

Rockugepta - made some valid points about the game but his comments stopped, in the development lifecycle of TR, at about a year from closing. The last year or so, even up until the month the game closed, the dev team put out TONS of content and improvements into the game. The pvp control points minigame with the Mech you could operate, was just plain sick. Instead of quitting, once the team heard the end was coming, they made a committment to completing the content that was promised... and they did a great job to that end. The last few months of TR were some of my favorite times in the game.  

I really miss the immersion of the TR game.

Originally posted by Vandevious

I've been missing this game ALOT, recently. So much, that I've been watcing old gameplay videos on YouTube.

Rockugepta - made some valid points about the game but his comments stopped, in the development lifecycle of TR, at about a year from closing. The last year or so, even up until the month the game closed, the dev team put out TONS of content and improvements into the game. The pvp control points minigame with the Mech you could operate, was just plain sick. Instead of quitting, once the team heard the end was coming, they made a committment to completing the content that was promised... and they did a great job to that end. The last few months of TR were some of my favorite times in the game.  

I really miss the immersion of the TR game.

Even with the content they put out to the end the game was not nearly what it could have been. So much promise that failed to deliver. The last year or so is when I played, my comments are valid because they only push they made with content was after the end was announced. Kind of sad that they did their best work when there was no hope.

PvP in TR was one of the worst ideas and wastes of time for the devs in that game. Completely contrary to the storyline and not neearly good enough to build the game around.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I certainly miss it, playing spy and grenadier were fun and I was in the middle of developing a bio when TR got announced to shut down. It was a bit of a shallow game with crappy pvp, but the gameplay itself was enjoyable and I liked to travel to different zones.

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

I had a Guardian and Medic for a while

My Guardian was a serious Badass with my arsenal I totted around with me everything was a super good Prototype and could blow a Stalker VI up from a quarter way across the map. The Bane didn't bug me either I just tore through them with my staffs

I really would like to see this game re-emerge again

Originally posted by GamerAeon

My Guardian was a serious Badass with my arsenal I totted around with me everything was a super good Prototype and could blow a Stalker VI up from a quarter way across the map. The Bane didn't bug me either I just tore through them with my staffs

While I agree the gameplay was fun, your post sums up my biggest issue with Tabula Rasa. It was too easy.

• AurukAuruk Member Posts: 36

I bought Tabula Rasa Collectors edition the other day off amazon just so i could have it and it was on sale.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Yes I miss Tabula Rasa it was a great game in my opinion, and I would have probabily been playing it longer than I played Aion for sure. I hope that someone can make another game like Tabula Rasa, and I really do miss Auto Assault.

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

Originally posted by Rokurgepta

Originally posted by GamerAeon

While I agree the gameplay was fun, your post sums up my biggest issue with Tabula Rasa. It was too easy.

You do know a Stalker VI wasn't that tough

Stalker XI was a BEAST ugh and then there were the Higher variety of Thrax

You may not have been high enough level to experience the higher lvl content available when the game ran

Trust me the farther out in the universe you got the tougher it got