Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Charachter Development (Clarification)

IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Can someone just confirm this:

Is it right that for any charachter (as long as there are no class restriction) can max out every class and profession type, so if I am a Hyur Male I can max all classes and professions without penalties other than the time it takes ? Thats a total of 18 different areas or are you limited in each category.

If anyone who is informed could just spend a few minutes explaining the limitations it would be appreciated.

So I could be max level:

• Disciple of War

• Pugilist

• Gladiator

• Marauder

• Archer

• Lancer

• Disciple of Magic

• Conjourer

• Thaumaturge

• Disciple of the LAnd

• Miner

• Botanist

• Fisher

• Disciple of the Hand

• 8 Classes Here

Comments

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Yes you can max out every class.  As well as classes they will be adding to the game.  In FFXI they had a guy that you could fight towards the max of every class, and if you beat him with all classes at the time then you would get a unique item to show off your uberness.

I imagine they will have something similar in XIV down the road.  Yeah though you can max everything, and combine all multi class skills to make any hybrid build you want.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by ProfRed

Yes you can max out every class.  As well as classes they will be adding to the game.  In FFXI they had a guy that you could fight towards the max of every class, and if you beat him with all classes at the time then you would get a unique item to show off your uberness.

I imagine they will have something similar in XIV down the road.  Yeah though you can max everything, and combine all multi class skills to make any hybrid build you want.

Ah so you can max all that gives lots of variety I guess:

The combining skills is that a limited number , although i thought you could max an one profession/class you could only have one active at any point in time.

Is there an easy method for switching gear sets when you swap class/profession or is there enough carry space for everything ?

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by Isane

Ah so you can max all that gives lots of variety I guess:

The combining skills is that a limited number , although i thought you could max an one profession/class you could only have one active at any point in time.

Is there an easy method for switching gear sets when you swap class/profession or is there enough carry space for everything ?

you jus tneed the weapons the armor works on any class or level it seems

• DisastormDisastorm Member Posts: 318

Nice good to know there are multi class skills or whatever.  So raising one class/skill will help you out with another class/skill right? So for example maybe if I was a warrior and learned some armor skill I can wear the armor as a mage?

You change class/skill by equipping a different weapon?  Does this mean you can theoretically do something like this:

Cast spell at enemy, equip weapon and armor to melee enemy knock him back and equip a bow to shoot him then after he dies equip magic and heal yourself ?

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

You always have a main class based on your weapon, but you have, based on your class rank, an amount of skill loadout points.  Each ability you equip from main or sub class takes up some points so that dictates what all you can loadout.  Not all skills in game are equipable when the class isn't your main though.

Some very powerful abilities may take 12 points from the loadout allowance while something smaller like cure might take 3.  Also the abilities aren't as strong when they aren't used by their main class.  For example cure from a Conjurer is AOE heal while cure as any other class is a single target and heals for less.

You can change weapons in passive mode so you would have to go into passive, switch weapon, go into active which has delays and would probably be less effective.  Will have to be experimented with later in game to determine what combos work really well.

Also everyone has MP.  If you don't use it and only do melee classes you are wasting a lot of efficiency.  You can use cures, stoneskin, shockspikes, etc. with your mp as long as you don't have more valuable melee skills that you want to fill your loadout.  Every melee class seems to have a pretty powerful self heal.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

You always have a main class based on your weapon, but you have, based on your class rank, an amount of skill loadout points.  Each ability you equip from main or sub class takes up some points so that dictates what all you can loadout.  Not all skills in game are equipable when the class isn't your main though.

Some very powerful abilities may take 12 points from the loadout allowance while something smaller like cure might take 3.  Also the abilities aren't as strong when they aren't used by their main class.  For example cure from a Conjurer is AOE heal while cure as any other class is a single target and heals for less.

You can change weapons in passive mode so you would have to go into passive, switch weapon, go into active which has delays and would probably be less effective.  Will have to be experimented with later in game to determine what combos work really well.

Also everyone has MP.  If you don't use it and only do melee classes you are wasting a lot of efficiency.  You can use cures, stoneskin, shockspikes, etc. with your mp as long as you don't have more valuable melee skills that you want to fill your loadout.  Every melee class seems to have a pretty powerful self heal.

Ah so the loadout , which is a selection of skills. Will have a cheaper loadout for the primary class you have set, and what would be classed secondary use loadout points from the same pool...

So there is value in leveling other classes just to make certain skills available...

Is there some challenge in the combat,  and are there a lot more beasts than listed on the main site ?