Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

curious about new servers balance and expansion

JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

i'v been hearing that the new server (after mergers) are really imbalance population wise. just wandering which servers have been over run by Asmos? or have they all been taken over by Elyos? also will 2.0 be an actual expansion complete with price tag?

Comments

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Vaizel is the only server that is Asmo dominated, all the others are dominated by elyos.  You'll rarely see asmos influence ratio above elyos on any other server.

Servers that used to be a little more balanced like Lumiel since being merged with New Israphel are now very strongly dominated by elyos.  IMO they threw server balance out the window for the sake of server population, which I didnt think was that big of an issue.

• wfSegwfSeg Member Posts: 96

2.0 has a price tag of $40. If you're already a subscriber, it's free. As for the balance, roll Elyos and you can enjoy the game.

"I am the harbinger of hope. I am the sword of the righteous. And to all who hear my words, I say this: What you give to this Empire, I shall give back unto you."
    -Empress Jamyl Sarum I

• KouDyKouDy Member UncommonPosts: 50

Balance of servers is quite complex question if you ask me. All servers are race-wise well balanced. For this reference you can use official stats http://uk.aiononline.com/livestatus/server/ . I think game implements some kind of race enforcements. When percentage imbalance of races is greater than 48 to 52 it will block 52% faction from creating new characters. At least something like this was in place at launch, but i fail to see too many reasons why to remove such feature.

Completely another aspect of course is how race dominates on particular server. On Telemachus Asmo is mostly brutally rolled by Elyos. It all comes one with another. If you have domination, you will have better gear. Gear is the most critical thing in Aion. Skill doesn't come that important.

I'm still leveling up but encountering Elyos twink means that i will try to assault tank with branch... I really think that on all servers this is more or less the same. One race dominates, the other one tries hard but can't keep up because there are just no resources for that matter...

By all means i say go for it and try. If you are not in hard situation those approx 30 euros isn't high price. Aion has lots of fun even if you are on oppressed side.

• BoudahXLBoudahXL Member UncommonPosts: 199

Originally posted by KouDy

Balance of servers is quite complex question if you ask me. All servers are race-wise well balanced. For this reference you can use official stats http://uk.aiononline.com/livestatus/server/ . I think game implements some kind of race enforcements. When percentage imbalance of races is greater than 48 to 52 it will block 52% faction from creating new characters. At least something like this was in place at launch, but i fail to see too many reasons why to remove such feature.

Completely another aspect of course is how race dominates on particular server. On Telemachus Asmo is mostly brutally rolled by Elyos. It all comes one with another. If you have domination, you will have better gear. Gear is the most critical thing in Aion. Skill doesn't come that important.

I'm still leveling up but encountering Elyos twink means that i will try to assault tank with branch... I really think that on all servers this is more or less the same. One race dominates, the other one tries hard but can't keep up because there are just no resources for that matter...

By all means i say go for it and try. If you are not in hard situation those approx 30 euros isn't high price. Aion has lots of fun even if you are on oppressed side.

What he said, sadly gear is the only real factor in PvP, there is almost no skills involded as you lock in auto-attack/auto-follow your opponent and click/press skills that are on timers.

Mitigation vs DPS, and if you think the gap is bad in games like WoW, you're in for a surprise.

This is sad because the lore is rich, the graphics are pleasing to the eye, the dungeons are cool and the progression slow. But the twinks exploiting the rifts are killing it for new players, people need to understand a game has to be friendly toward new players if you want your player base to grow. And right now it is not.

And as for server balance, it will never happen at this point in time, there is just way more people playing the Elyos accross all the servers right. If you were to merge everything right now to a single server I'd say the pop would be 70% vs 30%.