Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for some singler player goodness

2»

Comments

• Amon_AmarthAmon_Amarth Member Posts: 219

Agreed. I have NWN 2 but have never completed the game as it becomes too frustrating for me to play after a while. Even with so many patches the game is still so poorly optimized and buggy. On high end computers to this day it still struggles for many people. I cant hand the AI of my henchmen in the game. They do some of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen in a game. All my strategies are thrown out the window when my team simply charge at the enemy, running into mass groups of archers, spellcasters, etc. Then they are all dead.

Was actually going to try NWN2 again but no need now thanks to Drakensang.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Batman: Arkham Asylum and Hellgate: London. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is great too.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636

X3: Terran Conflict, if you want a space economic, fighter/ simulator.

• madlukemadluke Member UncommonPosts: 108

Well it's not exactly classifiable as an 'underdog' because it is fairly well known, but i have been playing Planescape: Torment as of late and it is awesome.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Well if you're looking for something cheap and oldschool:

Dungeon Keeper 2.

O_o o_O

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

MS Mahjong.

Mount and Blade:Warband, Might and Magic: Dark Messiah

• LotosSlayerLotosSlayer Member Posts: 247

I highly recommend Deus Ex. The story is just amazing.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Theutus

X3: Terran Conflict, if you want a space economic, fighter/ simulator.

Awesome game.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• DerrialDerrial Member Posts: 250

Titan's Quest is a really good hack and slash RPG that hasn't been mentioned yet.

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by LotosSlayer

To this day, I still have never managed to play Deus Ex because my friend's damn copy doesn't seem to want to work with WinXP. I'll try again, when I return to the UK.

For single-player RPG goodness Morrowind hands-down. The sheer breadth and depth of the the World in terms of content, narrative, quests, NPCs, in-game readable lore, and freedom is staggering. It feels like a living, breathing world, whose denizens respond to your actions - and seemingly carry on with their lives, whether you choose to interact with them or not. TES:MW [The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind] community is superb, providing a huge wealth of modifications and additions to the games, from realistic bodies / faces for character customization inc. NPCs, to changable weather conditions, and new narratives and quests that would rival professional development. Some of these modifications are vast in scope.

Whatever little free-time I actually have will be spent playing single-player RPGs that I've missed over the years such as:
    Grim Fandango
    Planescape Torment
    The Nomad Soul
    Farenheit

to name but a few. Any recommendations for adult, dark pscyhological horror / suspense? I'm thinking in terms of Kult.

Cheers!

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Originally posted by Riotgirl

Originally posted by LotosSlayer

To this day, I still have never managed to play Deus Ex because my friend's damn copy doesn't seem to want to work with WinXP. I'll try again, when I return to the UK.

For single-player RPG goodness Morrowind hands-down. The sheer breadth and depth of the the World in terms of content, narrative, quests, NPCs, in-game readable lore, and freedom is staggering. It feels like a living, breathing world, whose denizens respond to your actions - and seemingly carry on with their lives, whether you choose to interact with them or not. TES:MW [The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind] community is superb, providing a huge wealth of modifications and additions to the games, from realistic bodies / faces for character customization inc. NPCs, to changable weather conditions, and new narratives and quests that would rival professional development. Some of these modifications are vast in scope.

Whatever little free-time I actually have will be spent playing single-player RPGs that I've missed over the years such as:

Grim Fandango

Planescape Torment

The Nomad Soul

Farenheit

to name but a few. Any recommendations for adult, dark pscyhological horror / suspense? I'm thinking in terms of Kult.

Cheers!

Oh yeah, morrowind was amazing. I played that for years.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

mount and blade: warbands is a pretty epic feeling game that isn't a big name expensive game, and it has a variety of mods to customize your play experience to better fit your likes and dislikes

• candycoatedcandycoated Member Posts: 86

Plants vs Zombies and World Of Goo