Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acclaim wants you!

jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

I just got this email.

Interesting stuff, sadly i cant apply myself seeing i live in the UK but hey it's a novel way for a gaming company to get ahold of some new blood with fresh ideas.

Acclaim Games Seeks to Fill 2 Positions – From Our Active Communities

Los Angeles (July 7, 2008) – Today, Acclaim Games' CEO, Howard Marks announced that he is seeking to employ new talent from within Acclaim's player community – specifically from the active players of 2Moons, 9Dragons and the player-designers of the Top Secret Project.

The two positions will involve coordination with developers and technical teams, working to improve Acclaim's games and respond to the needs of the players.

"We know that we have talented, passionate people in our community. They know our games and they understand what can be done to improve them," says Howard Marks. "That's why we always look to our players first, and that's why we are looking to hire from within the community."

To find the right people for the two open positions, Marks has devised a test, as follows:

• Each applicant is to write two documents of 3 to 5 pages each. One of these documents is for 2Moons and the other is for Acclaim's new game Ponystars.

• Each document must explain what the game lacks in content and features that would improve the players' experiences, based on the targeted audience for that game.

• Each applicant should make specific recommendations for how to improve the games (2Moons and Ponystars) to satisfy, retain and increase the player base.

• The job is located in Los Angeles, California. The winners will be required to locate in that area, no exceptions.

• Acclaim will cover relocation costs (up to $3,000).

The application period will begin at 10pm on Monday, July 7, 2008 and end at midnight on Sunday, July 20, 2008.

All applications must be submitted to [email protected] by 12 midnight on Sunday, July 20, 2008. All times are Pacific Daylight Time.

Applications will be judged by David Perry, and the winning applicants will be notified and offered a full-time position at Acclaim in their Los Angeles offices.

"This is a great opportunity for our community members to show their skills," says David Perry. "I have always believed in the community, which is why I started the Top Secret Project. I have already hired several members of our communities. I see this as a way to continue a practice that has worked out very well."

Remember, submit applications to [email protected] by midnight on Sunday, July 20, 2008.

Comments

• rcareyrcarey Member Posts: 63

Wow, that is a really awesome opportunity. Too bad i haven't put much time, if any, into either game. 2Moons does look good, though. Maybe i should download it seeing as how i've looked at the game numerous times and have come so close to doing so!

~i'd rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in~

• Noregretz76Noregretz76 Member Posts: 21

no harm in doing so

• rcareyrcarey Member Posts: 63

Well i downloaded the game a few days ago but due to my work schedule i only have really played it for a little while. It is pretty neat so far, a little packed i'd say but not a problem. The main thing is the camera. it doesnt flow like it should, it kind of feels a little "clunky" but it could just be me.

~i'd rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in~

• kiki19820kiki19820 Member Posts: 20

that is a really awesome opportunity.  i haven put much time

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Very nice

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Weird since Acclaim jus' filed bankruptcy again today.. Atleast gamespot.com is saying the site is no more.. Playdom is droppin Acclaim completley.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

Weird since Acclaim jus' filed bankruptcy again today.. Atleast gamespot.com is saying the site is no more.. Playdom is droppin Acclaim completley.

Holy thread necro batman.

This thread is TWO YEARS OLD. 

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

You need to go to specsavers....

Check the date Mr thread Necromancer?

7/09/08 6:15:23 PM#1