Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest: New "Destriers" Station Cash Mounts Announced

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Those of you still playing the original EverQuest that were jealous of your modern brethren for the neat Prowler mounts launched on the Station Marketplace last month need not be jealous any longer! SOE has just introduced the new "Destrier" mounts for the original EverQuest, launching four new Station Cash mounts and we're bringing you this latest video so you can check 'em out for yourself!

Like the EQ2 Prowler mounts, the new Destrier mounts for the original EverQuest are available at the same price point of 2500 Station Cash ($25).

Click the image above or go here to watch the video. The official announcement can be viewed here.

Comments

• UruktosUruktos Member Posts: 153

No wonder why SOE announced they weren't going F2P for EQ2.

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

Really? $25.00? thanks Activision

I play all ghame

• qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

You knew Smed seen $$$$$$$$$$ when watching Blizzard rake in all the money for that one digital pony. This isn't surprising at all. What is laughable is all the people still playing the garbage EQ has become

• KuatosuneKuatosune Member UncommonPosts: 219

Wow that's horrible >.<

That's like taking peoples accomplishments in the game and saying screw you now everyone can have a nice shiny in return for their cash...

• LadyAlibiLadyAlibi Member UncommonPosts: 297

$25 for a horse in hideous armor? I don't think so.

• MordacaiMordacai Member Posts: 309

I can't believe people actually pay this amount of money for a virtual item in ANY game be it wowkids, eq or eq2....but as other posters above said...smed can smell the money he's gonna go for it...wow set precedent on sparkle pony...

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

This is actually the second set of ($25) mounts SoE has pushed on Eq2 players in the last month. I remember when the coolest mounts were rewards for completing quests and killing raid bosses. Now it seems all you need is $$$. The nature of the game is changing and I don't like where this is going.

• DelamekoDelameko Member Posts: 200

@Novusod: This is for EQ1, not EQ2.

• qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

Smed sees $$$$$$, people should leave those games now. All they are going to become is shopping for digital items.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

What did you expect?  The first mount released sold like a million for EQ2, thats 25million in the bank in a second.  More than they get for subs in a month, maybe a whole year.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Originally posted by kilun

What did you expect?  The first mount released sold like a million for EQ2, thats 25million in the bank in a second.  More than they get for subs in a month, maybe a whole year.

Just how many people do you think play either everquest game?

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

Originally posted by Daffid011

Originally posted by kilun

Just how many people do you think play either everquest game?

Ok, he is exaggerating a little bit. ;)

Anyway, the return on investment on those mount sales must be enormous. Even if you calculate a developer that works a month on the design and add some overhead for getting the new mount into production. 10k $ would be more then enough. So they reach a break even worst case at 400 sales. From then on it's just pure profit. A money printing machine :)

Those mounts are a complete rip off. Alone for that reason I would never buy one. Good looking or not.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

I agree the return on investment for those mounts must be staggering.  It is just more incentive for developers to skimp on real content and instead put extra effort into cash shop offerings.

After all, would a developer rather pay for an entire development team to produce an expansion that sells for $40 or pay 2 guys a month salary to create 2 pets that sell for $50. 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Yeah, you can bet the fluff item shop items are going to get the development dollars first.  People don't think when they purchase something like this on what a bad precedent it sets.  The fools who initially dumped cash into the f2p market for all those virtual items have caused a horrendous effect on the rest of the genre.

People that spend money on virtual items are just pathetic and lazy.

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Yeah, you can bet the fluff item shop items are going to get the development dollars first.  People don't think when they purchase something like this on what a bad precedent it sets.  The fools who initially dumped cash into the f2p market for all those virtual items have caused a horrendous effect on the rest of the genre.

People that spend money on virtual items are just pathetic and lazy.

Agreed. The people buying this crap in one game cause problems for the entire  genre. MMO's are tanking before our eyes. If it sells they will create more. I dont blame SOE, Bizzard, Cryptic or whoever. In their  position I would milk the morons for all I could get. This is the end of the genre as we knew it.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.