Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reason to play this over Warhammer?

13»

Comments

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

Didn't DAOC have a graphics upgrade in 2005 or 06?  I do not play but when i checked it out about a year ago i was not put off by the graphics at all.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Originally posted by gotha

Didn't DAOC have a graphics upgrade in 2005 or 06?  I do not play but when i checked it out about a year ago i was not put off by the graphics at all.

Various aspects of the graphics engine have been upgraded at various times since launch including the water, trees, capital cities, and most recently, character models.

• Odium420Odium420 Member Posts: 18

DAOC was the best MMO I ever played. There is nothing that comes close. That was when it was at it's peak. Nowdays it is run by hardcore guilds and the casual solo person will not stand a chance and get frustrated.

I come back every now and then and love it until I go RvR and get blasted in 2 sec. Sometimes you are running and just die because 3 stealthers hit you all at once.

It is still a wonderful game, but it is not for the casual. If you get in a guild it is a much better expecience.