Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mythos: Developer Diary #2: : Bloodbristle Heath

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In the latest developer diary from Redbana, the second area confirmed for Mythos is the Bloodbristle Heath. Bloodbristle Heath is the home of the goblins in an unforgiving and barren land. Two factions of goblins inhabit the area and it is the adventurer's goal to bring them to heel. To do so, some divine intervention is necessary. Read on!

An unknown God that adventurers meet in Greenreach will tell of a plot for getting rid of Goblin factions in a very effective way. The unknown God’s plot is to make Shadowsaps and Gorestains detest each other so they would wage war against one another.

Read Mythos Developer Diary #2: : Bloodbristle Heath.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Again, isn't this just another Diablo III wanna be?   The original developers of this game are all at Runic games now, not sure how the new owners are going to do with this title.  Just have to wait and see I guess.

• Christopher8Christopher8 Member Posts: 134

That and how is taking so long since the previous devs had graphics, engine, characters etc. pretty much done and in Beta...

• TazzasaurusTazzasaurus Member Posts: 33

in last months pc gamer they had said that the original mythos creators were 1 month from release before they hit bankruptcy as well, who knows.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

my GOD will you hurry up and release!!!!!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

When someone say Mythos I expect a Cthulu MMO, not a hyped up version of Lineage of Diablo...

Why is there no Lovecraft MMO?

Sorry for the off topic :)

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Is this another f2p? , if so i will wait for d3 and spend my money on that.

• sibs, this one is supposed to be sort of a mmo version of d2/3, whereas d3 is clearly an arpg rather than a mmo of any sort.  don't get me wrong i'll be buying d3 as well, but if you want more of a mmo version of diablo, you may wish to give mythos a look.  that being said, i believe that mythos will sadly be a f2p.  :(

• RegomarRegomar Member Posts: 122

I was in the closed beta for Mythos a few years ago. Looks like nothing has changed.  Why is the new company taking so long to release this and pretending that they're putting work into it when they'reobviously just sitting on it. All the art from these screenies is the sameand I dont see anything (UI, lore, art, gameplay style) that has changed at all from 2 years ago.

Stop pretending to work on it and release it already. Jesus.

• PipwickyPipwicky Member Posts: 63

• PipwickyPipwicky Member Posts: 63

I played this game years ago in closed beta. Why is it still not released? By the time its out d3 will already be avail and then whats the point?

Oh, and I told you so. Hellgate sucked, I played it, noted the reasons for it fail. Then enjoyed playing mythos till they went bankrupt.

• LokyLoky Member UncommonPosts: 182

WOW!!! goblins!!! And they live in an unforgiving and barren land!!!! Never seen it coming. Everything in the fantasy genre is so watered down i guess.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Please tell whoever this "guest writer" is that they are not doing a good job hyping Mythos at all. The prose in this article is terrible, with stunted sentences and fragmented ideas. On top of that, the screenshots did little do accent the concepts being raised.

When I played in the Mythos beta years ago, I don't remember much of a storyline - and that was fine! The game was, and at least conceptually probably is, all about the adventure and loot. If they have managed to put a storyline to create the sense of "Acts" that were in diabloe, that's fine, but I sure hope that isn't the reason for the delay.

Talk about the features of the game, not these sorry excuses for development diaries, if you want to get some new interest in the game.

• lthmong1lthmong1 Member Posts: 18

Is it just me or these games are fun in the beggining and then after you pwn everything it kinda....gets repetitive?

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by Regomar

I was in the closed beta for Mythos a few years ago. Looks like nothing has changed.  Why is the new company taking so long to release this and pretending that they're putting work into it when they'reobviously just sitting on it. All the art from these screenies is the sameand I dont see anything (UI, lore, art, gameplay style) that has changed at all from 2 years ago.

If you look at the pictures in the article you will see asian pictograph names. It looks like they've spent the last couple of years converting the text into chinese(?) so they could then expertly translate it into english.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225

Originally posted by grunty

Originally posted by Regomar

If you look at the pictures in the article you will see asian pictograph names. It looks like they've spent the last couple of years converting the text into chinese(?) so they could then expertly translate it into english.

korean, me boy, korean

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Again, isn't this just another Diablo III wanna be?   The original developers of this game are all at Runic games now, not sure how the new owners are going to do with this title.  Just have to wait and see I guess.

Yes, they are at Runic, and have just announced a multiplayer Torchlight II scheduled for 2011.  I think I'll wait for that instead of Mythos.