Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sony is copying Bioware with the OLD RPUBLIC

SONY YOU COPIERS

LOLLAL

Comments

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Fkin ages looking for a Sony photocopier, bastards don't do them! But, OH the wit was 'sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde witticisms rolled into a point, dipped in lemon juice and jabbed into someones eye'.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Right, forget the fact that star wars is owned by another company altogether .. not Bioware.

Forget the fact that Sony did the last Star Wars MMO.

Ignore the fact that they are just copying themselves ... 

and then please, forget how to breath.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

This news is... breaking.

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

Bioclone?

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• LuxumaruLuxumaru Member UncommonPosts: 259

Originally posted by mrw0lf

Fkin ages looking for a Sony photocopier, bastards don't do them! But, OH the wit was 'sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde witticisms rolled into a point, dipped in lemon juice and jabbed into someones eye'.

Yes.

Total MMOs played: 274|Enjoyed: 9. >:|

• RaiizenRaiizen Member Posts: 177

Usualy what EA does but they will just fail like always.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

SOE Copying SWTOR..   Have you even seen / tried the beta for this game?  It's NOTHING like SWTOR. Actually I think SWCWA is one of the worst MMO games I have played...  ever!

The game is complete garbage even as nothing more then a kids game. The game makes use of nothing that makes Free Realms great, but instead takes all the bad parts and pushs it into a shell of a game and tags the Star Wars name onto it. 

Just give the game a try since it is in open beta. I have no question you will be just as disappointed and in awe as to how LA could let this game slide out.  Actually I think its LA's goal to completely ruin the Star Wars IP.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Thomas2006

SOE Copying SWTOR..   Have you even seen / tried the beta for this game?  It's NOTHING like SWTOR. Actually I think SWCWA is one of the worst MMO games I have played...  ever!

The game is complete garbage even as nothing more then a kids game. The game makes use of nothing that makes Free Realms great, but instead takes all the bad parts and pushs it into a shell of a game and tags the Star Wars name onto it. 

Just give the game a try since it is in open beta. I have no question you will be just as disappointed and in awe as to how LA could let this game slide out.  Actually I think its LA's goal to completely ruin the Star Wars IP.

I agree. I just tried the open beta for a bit, and if you're over 10 years old, the game is a joke. All you do is use the arrow keys in the mini games, like playing a Star Wars Guitar Hero without awesome music to go with it. Oh, except for the "typefighter" minigame where you type a letter or a word to score a shot, or the Starfighter game where you just hold down the left mouse button and shoot dhit that pops in front of you like a cheap imitation of Starfox 64.

I can honestly see this game failing hard, as even kids will become bored with the simple and repetitive gameplay.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

I agree. I just tried the open beta for a bit, and if you're over 10 years old, the game is a joke. All you do is use the arrow keys in the mini games, like playing a Star Wars Guitar Hero without awesome music to go with it. Oh, except for the "typefighter" minigame where you type a letter or a word to score a shot, or the Starfighter game where you just hold down the left mouse button and shoot dhit that pops in front of you like a cheap imitation of Starfox 64.

I can honestly see this game failing hard, as even kids will become bored with the simple and repetitive gameplay.

I agree with you both, played the beta last night, made me very sad even though I wasn't expecting much in the first place.

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by Raiizen

How did EA even factor into this discussion in any capacity? What did EA do to you? Turned you gay or something?

Originally posted by Vagrant_Zero

Originally posted by Raiizen

How did EA even factor into this discussion in any capacity? What did EA do to you? Turned you gay or something?

I think he was mistaking one Star Wars publisher for another.

But let's be honest here, EA does suck monkey balls.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Interesting.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but your comments make me wonder if this may be one of the (many) reasons LA has a new President?!

Originally posted by TUX426

Interesting.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but your comments make me wonder if this may be one of the (many) reasons LA has a new President?!

Clonetroopers can use the force and/or use lightsabers if you pay, as well.image

I think this is SOE getting revenge on LA for giving Bioware the good game.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

The only similarities is that they are both SW..nothing else

They are both set thousands of years apart and the SOE one is based on that retarded movie

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

I think this is SOE getting revenge on LA for giving Bioware the good game.

LMAO!!! So true.

Wow that was a good laugh, thanks. xD

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Slam SoE and LA all you want but the Clone Wars cartoon series is actually pretty good. At first I was a bit turn off by it due to it's art style once I got the box set in front of me it was all she wrote. A really good show.

Doesn't mean it will make a good kiddie mmorpg but still the show is cool.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I think this will be fairly big in the younger crowd.

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Slam SoE and LA all you want but the Clone Wars cartoon series is actually pretty good. At first I was a bit turn off by it due to it's art style once I got the box set in front of me it was all she wrote. A really good show. Doesn't mean it will make a good kiddie mmorpg but still the show is cool.

I have to agree here, the games may suck but the show isn't bad at all.

• KeldienKeldien Member UncommonPosts: 119

You guys are legitimately arguing this?

Take about thirty seconds to click on the OP's name.  Look at his post history - five posts, it won't take you long.  Then come back and look at this thread for what it is.

• farginwarfarginwar Member Posts: 134

Originally posted by mrw0lf

What a guy!

If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, riddle 'em with bullets