Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta Started

DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

Surprise! Go on and try it out. The kids are going to eat this game up...

http://www.clonewarsadventures.com/

-------------------------
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

Comments

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829

Originally posted by Darkholme

i wonder how this game will fare when TOR comes out....

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by Katilla

Two entirely different games that have NOTHING in common other then a Star Wars wrapper on them.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Originally posted by Thomas2006

Originally posted by Katilla

Two entirely different games that have NOTHING in common other then a Star Wars wrapper on them.

Pretty much.  Clone Wars is esentially free realms with a Sar Wars skin.  I tried it out today for a bit.  The tower defence game isn't too bad and the speeder racing is kind of fun.  Other than that, there really isn't much for the more serious, adult mmo player.  It could be fun to play with your kids, though, and young kids will like this game.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

I can tell you without a doubt that the same age bracket that FR is designed for is going to eat this game up. I let my two nephews play (8 and 6) it this afternoon and they went freaking apes#$% for it... big mistake on my part lol. Now it's going to be non-stop "Let's go visit uncle!" and "Can we play Clone Wars?!?!"  My brother needs to get a computer. 8)

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• ronnabronnab Member UncommonPosts: 29

Well, I'm having fun with it.  It's basically a bunch of min-games at this point.  My 10 year old son is finding it fun too.

Thanks Darkholme for letting us know it's open! 

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829

ah i see....well free realms was a bit crappy to begin with.. and it's an SOE game so i'm not going near it....but i guess the kids need something to do after all.....

• FlamestalkerFlamestalker Member Posts: 12

Wow. This game is based off the TV show, right? So in other words SOE spent a couple hours making a child's game and called it an MMO?

If SWTOR doesn't redeem the IP, well I just don't know...SW and video games have yet to be a good idea.

• kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

Anyone else getting the error: 'Game Error G3' - There's a problem with your video card. You may want to upgrade the drivers.

No problems launching Free Realms or anything, drivers are latest Nvidia ones.

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

It was completely boring and it is not a real MMO.   IT's a chat room with a bunch of garbage minigames that have nothing to do with the tv show. I sure as hell hope this thing is completely off my harddrive. 

Yea, a 5-10 year old kid might enjoy it, but it is not for people that want a real game.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

• virancevirance Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Flamestalker

Wow. This game is based off the TV show, right? So in other words SOE spent a couple hours making a child's game and called it an MMO?

If SWTOR doesn't redeem the IP, well I just don't know...SW and video games have yet to be a good idea.

What are you smoking? SW and MMO's maybe, but KoTOR I & II? The entire Jedi Knight series? The SW racer game was pretty damn good too, not to mention the SNES games - the battlefield games - the X-Wing games... 

If anything, I think SW as a franchise has better games than movies to be honest. 

• dethgardethgar Member Posts: 293

Originally posted by kikinchaz

Anyone else getting the error: 'Game Error G3' - There's a problem with your video card. You may want to upgrade the drivers.

No problems launching Free Realms or anything, drivers are latest Nvidia ones.

I get this too, but im on an ati card. It's up to date. Their forums aren't responding to my login either.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Originally posted by sungodra

It was completely boring and it is not a real MMO.   IT's a chat room with a bunch of garbage minigames that have nothing to do with the tv show. I sure as hell hope this thing is completely off my harddrive. 

Yea, a 5-10 year old kid might enjoy it, but it is not for people that want a real game.

It wasn't meant for people like us.  It was made for kids and parents that want to play games with their kids.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

i dorked around with the mini games for about 30min.  standard fair i guess, had a facebook vibe, something to jump in do for 5 min and get out.   I gotta be honest though, the amount of "gimme your money" and how in your face it was, was  just disgusting.