Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone here play Savage 2?

GrumiumGrumium Member UncommonPosts: 57

It kind of reminds me of an rts, fps, and a little like an mmo all in one. I don't play any more because I lost  the internet but I still check this site sometimes when I go to my mom's and visit. If you have not tried it and like all of these things give it a try. Not sure if I can send a link here but just google it. It is free to play. You used to be able to pay a one time fee for some better options but they were just to see a ladder ranking system and other stuff.

Comments

• vzarneotvzarneot Member Posts: 39

I play savage 1 and savage 2, have played savage 1 for atleast three years. Great games and a great company, even tho I'm not a fan of Dota type games I purchased HoN just to support them.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Played it but stopped.

The game overall is nice and all but free can use hellspawns only once per type forever unless you become premium, lack of modes only pvp matches, lag, not a very optimized game and last but not least not a lot of maps to choose from.

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Originally posted by bloodaxes

Played it but stopped.

The game overall is nice and all but free can use hellspawns only once per type forever unless you become premium, lack of modes only pvp matches, lag, not a very optimized game and last but not least not a lot of maps to choose from.

I never experienced many lag issues. There were always enough servers to choose from with a decent enough ping. I think there could of been different game modes, or rule sets, but couldn't imagine anything but PVP content. Maybe some ability to mod to create a set of co-op content might spark some interest. But the game always ran great, even on my older machines. Plus it ran on my Mac natively :)

I still play it from time to time.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

I'll tell you how savage 2 was optimized my fan idle is 60% If i launch savage 2 and i'm still in title menu so no action or anything fan goes to 100% and gpu temp rises by 20 degrees and i'm still in the title screen..... is that optimized to you?

I have 6 gb ram, quad core and gts 250 so my system requirements are far more then enough.

Lag was not a problem until they tried changing hosts that made it more laggy.

As for modes there could always be the usual modes capture the flag, team death match, death match,ecc 

Some of these were done by people since you can mod but how come they couldn't do it? There's even a zombie mode made by people but to find a server by people is a pain in the ass unlike being hosted by the company itself.

• candycoatedcandycoated Member Posts: 86

stranded looks intresting will give it a try :)

• FyrexFyrex Member UncommonPosts: 9

Tried it for a bit, but it was not my kind of game. It's way to melee focused and the melee combat isn't really that well done imo.