Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: RvR Pack Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

OnRPG.com managed to corner Warhammer Online producer Carrie Gouskos at this year's GamesCom. During the interview, Gouskos confirmed that devs are working on something she called an "RvR pack". She confirmed that Skaven will play a part in the pack but that the race will not be playable from level one.

Gouskos also revealed that twenty new renown ranks will be added bringing the total to 100.

With the RvR pack Bioware Mythic wants to move away from the standard "Release a huge expansion every 2 years." system and wants to adopt a system that allows players to "customize their game experience".

Even though this may sound like a move towards a Free to play system Andy Belford, Community Manager, was quick to annouce "We're currently not looking into the Free to Play model at all." Carrie added "We are learning from the Free to Play model, adopting the things that empower the players to shape their own game experience."

Read more at OnRPG.com.

Thanks to Christopher8 and Rohn for the tip.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• soundsonicsoundsonic Member UncommonPosts: 16

I am not satisfied

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

Let's see what it brings. I'm really rooting for WAR because it was such a fun game when you really got the RvR rolling.

Here's to hoping for a comeback, even if it's just a little comeback!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• ShamorauShamorau Member UncommonPosts: 181

Meh!!

• wolvie3131wolvie3131 Member UncommonPosts: 196

Originally posted by soundsonic

I am not satisfied

no-one is ever "satisfied" with anything anymore.

• SauronasSauronas Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by wolvie3131

I am not satisfied

no-one is ever "satisfied" with anything anymore.

It's because they are spoiled.  They weren't around when you had to dial in to a BBS to play a text based mmo.

• archer75archer75 Member UncommonPosts: 157

I kind of miss the BBS days.

Tribes 2 is back!!!! http://www.tribesnext.com/
    And from the makers of tribes: Fallen Empire: Legions http://www.instantaction.com/

• nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218

wow 20 extra lvl to grind for nothing .. if the rework the whole renown system would be better then adding new lvls full of crap stats that doesn t really effect the gameplay.

they only need to make everything the same like daoc but the failed from day 1

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

"Even though this may sound like a move towards a Free to play system Andy Belford, Community Manager, was quick to annouce "We're currently not looking into the Free to Play model at all."

Lol, gee, where have we heard that one before? Here's your sign!

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

"Moving away from doing an expansion every 2 years"?

LOL!!!

Next, I bet STO will say they're gonna stop constantly flooding players with new content.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Originally posted by Capn23

Let's see what it brings. I'm really rooting for WAR because it was such a fun game when you really got the RvR rolling.

Here's to hoping for a comeback, even if it's just a little comeback!

I agree with this. I really enjoyed WAR and still do. It just needs a little more incentive to want to RVR other then for gear. If they can instill something that will bring some kind of realm pride, the game will make a comeback, albeit maybe a small one. IMO they need to bring back the fortresses, make them less graphic intensive (like DAOC relic keeps) and add relics. Also a true DF type dungeon, not lands a dungeon.  I m also not a fan of filtering people away from the fights, just make 1 land to fight over, a big one but like 1 huge frontier who controls it controls a DF style dungeon, and opens an attack on the other city. Won t get into a 3rd realm, because I wish there was one, but imo, only way to implement one is to shut the game down and do that. Then again why not what could it hurt.

• WaizerWaizer Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by nepulas

wow 20 extra lvl to grind for nothing .. if the rework the whole renown system would be better then adding new lvls full of crap stats that doesn t really effect the gameplay.

they only need to make everything the same like daoc but the failed from day 1

could not have said it better myself. I recently stopped playing daoc but I am pretty sure I would return again after a few months away because the RvR content is so good and the realm ranks earned by RvR are worth the effort... on the other hand since giving up WAR I have not returned once even when I had 2 weeks of free play time it never even crossed my mind to install it. The RvR is fail there compared to the game they tried to replace (daoc).

• ElethonElethon Member UncommonPosts: 138

I am not satisfied

Is that what your girlfriend tells you.

• ArzhAngelArzhAngel Member Posts: 427

In other words - Warhammer is dead

• maidethmaideth Member UncommonPosts: 5

waiting for more info,but as it is now,it sucks as an exp pack

• EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426

Warhammer is not dead, many people likes the game, but it needs a basic rebuild. With skavens and all the bad guys.

It is a question of fangs.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Third faction is the only thing that will revive this game...

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Sadly they just don't provide enough information about this RvR pack at all.  I thought there was supposed to be some big release of information from them at Gamescom and all we get is: 20 more renown levels, Skaven as somehow potentially playable, but not from level one, and greater customization of the players experience.  Could they be anymore cryptic?  I have seen WAR improve a lot since launch, but a greater wealth of information on this "pack" might have drawn more players back into the game. 

I know this is beating a dead horse, but just make a full blown expansion with a 3rd playable faction and give the players what they truly want already.

Steam: Neph

• ZakaneZakane Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Wow and here I was really hoping they adopt Skaven as a playable race, or have some kind of expansion....
  • EtraEtra Member UncommonPosts: 164

They are adopting Skaven as a playable race... Just not from level 1.

Please pay attention while reading.

• Smallpox1Smallpox1 Member Posts: 28

you get to play skaven. enough said.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Yamota

Three faction systems arnt the end all be all magic cure for everything people make it out to be.

IR, 3 factions can suck, and it isnt guaranteed to work, so stop thinking that having 3 factions will somehow make every game better.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

I hope they can do something to get the population back. I really like the game but PVE was pretty lonely and crafting just plain sucks. I enjoyed the PVP but my focus is PVE and after T 1 things were pretty slow.  But when public quests do happen they are fun.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by warmaster670

Originally posted by Yamota

Three faction systems arnt the end all be all magic cure for everything people make it out to be.

IR, 3 factions can suck, and it isnt guaranteed to work, so stop thinking that having 3 factions will somehow make every game better.

I agree, 3 factions doesn't automatically mean balance. As well as better PVP. IT was a system that worked well in daoc, if done incorrectly it could be a complete cluster-%^&&. The game needs a lot things, three factions would only go so far in righting all the wrongs in WAR.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• yureinekoyureineko Member Posts: 39

I would resub at least for a month or two if I could play a skaven.

I don't even believe in Jeebus.

• emperorvlemperorvl Member Posts: 103

Yamota your dead on!  Making 2 factions and 3 RVR regions per tier was backwards.  It should have been 3 factions with 1 RVR zone per tier.

Heres the indepth overview

eam/                      eam/

I                          /       I

[     zzz     ]  [    zzz     ]  [    zzz    ]

------------------------VS-------------------------

eam/               eam/              eam/

I                      /

[ LOTSAWAR]