Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Against All Odds Deploying Today

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Warhammer Online devs have announced that all servers are currently offline to deploy the v1.3.6, "Against All Odds", content update. Devs anticipate that servers will be down until approximately 2:00 p.m. EST. Changes coming with the new patch include the item appearance system, the redesigned Sovereign Armor set, an enhanced Auction House and the RvR 'against all odds' system.

Against All Odds: A Realm outnumbered within an RvR Lake will now receive a scaling bonus to Experience, Renown and Influence based on the odds stacked against them, becoming active when a Realm is outnumbered in a specific Lake by 20% or more.

Check out the full 'Against All Odds' patch notes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

Against All Odds: A Realm outnumbered within an RvR Lake will now receive a scaling bonus to Experience, Renown and Influence based on the odds stacked against them, becoming active when a Realm is outnumbered in a specific Lake by 20% or more.

So it just took them 2 years to finally figure that out when at launch it was 200 destruction fighting against 20 order.  (more likely not fighting but lagging in place), I see they are really trying to bring the game back up now, but i fear its kinda too late, my guild of 80 ppl all left the game after only 2 months after release never to come back. 40-50 servers at launch dwindled down to 4-5 servers. Hardly any player base is left to keep up the development. But i must admit the skeleton crew is doing a good job.

• AlanthusAlanthus Member Posts: 119

You guys left a different game, it's come a long way since release and the remaining devs are doing a good job. I'd say it's ready for release now ;)

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

my friend has been playing this under my nose...it is a different game, but still something inside is keeping me from going back 

but i may suck it up

• ragnaur23ragnaur23 Member UncommonPosts: 24

I also had a HUGE guild, the second one made on our original server. We stayed until the game became a ghost town. We loved alot about the game, but we left because we loved what the game could have and should have been, the succesor to DAoC....

I am glad to see the game is evolving into what it should have been at release, however without a 3rd, 4th, or 5th playable faction, the RvR is not really RvR. The RvR at least used to mean something, when you needed all tiers to help for the cuty siege...now even that has lost its meaning. So while it seems to have evolved some into a better experience, without the mass population to complete PQ's, and to participate realm wide in RvR, and with a lack of PvE content, I cannot see people flocking back...yet.

Age of Conan, was ressurected, and it is doing better now then at release, nearly 2 years later, so it IS possible, it CAN happen, and it CAN become the game we all wanted it to be, however with EA holding the regins, I do not beleive they will dump the time, effort, or resources into the game that is truly needed to shine a beackon of light, in this blackest night.

The game has had one expansion, and while it was free, which rocks socks, it still wasn't enough to bring people back. Everyone had high hopes that this game would thin the WoW population, the RvR was still more fun then WoW pvp has ever been with the exception of Taren Mill fights before there was an honor system lol. I mean is the game balanced at this point? or do certain classes just wipe the floor while other pale in damage, cc, and over all mitigation? I would love to go back, and the team at Warhammer online maybe headed in the right direction, but as far as i can tell the game still has a ways to go in all aspects of gameplay, befoe the "reboot" is complete.

• ElethonElethon Member UncommonPosts: 138

Definitely  worth resubbing; it is a much much better game than at launch.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Yes the game is pretty much what it should have been at launch but people don't forgive and forget in this industry.

• wolvie3131wolvie3131 Member UncommonPosts: 196

actually I started the free trial about a month ago with the g/f and we liked it so much we are now subs.

gameplay is great now lots of action in T2 on badlands for us to move up and kill others with.

and also some big news is suposedly coming from mythic this week for the future of warhammer, rumor mills say it might involve skaven/ lizardmen 3rd faction x pac , so it's not quite dead yet!

lets watch and see what that news is first =)

• RribRrib Member Posts: 49

Patch sounds like a good idea to me. Wasn't there at launch but have been playing for about the past year, have a large guild, usually find people online and enjoy the game. I agree with you Frostbite05, people get pissed, quit a game and then hang around these forums to complain. I have to confess, I did the same with Vanguard until I found something else to play :P

• ZybaneZybane Member Posts: 5

I'll admit, I got my free 10 day "come back" deal and resubbed after it was done.  I now play it nightly with a small handful of friends.  This is not a real solo friendly game due to needing tactics and teamwork, however there are many public warbands that will rally pugs and show leadership to complete the tasks at hand.  I am honestly enjoying myself again.

I was an elder beta tester, and had the highest rank guild on an originally launched server and quit because of animation lag, lag in general, random CTD's, and RvR not being all it could be.  So I was wan of the original players that felt betrayed.

The game has come a long way, howver it has some lingering issues that needn't be dismissed.  Spell detection still kinda blows.  Tryint to taunt to interrupt a cast can be hard to pull off sometimes because of server latency.  Also, getting meleed by someone 30 yards away is very nerver wracking as a squig herder.

Magus still need love, as they are the typical joke class.  Aside from that balance is pretty good, with this being a paper/rock/scissors game.  DPS kill healers, tanks kill DPS, and Healers can kill tanks.  Each class can be a wrecking ball when used appropriately, with the appropriate teamwork.  At least from my perspective.

Hope this helps, as I do HATE seeing games die, and I so wanted WAR to be my final answer when it came to MMORPGs.  There is still hope, and I see it getting better and better.  Now if they could get more players, I think it could really take off.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

Originally posted by Zybane

I'll admit, I got my free 10 day "come back" deal and resubbed after it was done.  I now play it nightly with a small handful of friends.  This is not a real solo friendly game due to needing tactics and teamwork, however there are many public warbands that will rally pugs and show leadership to complete the tasks at hand.  I am honestly enjoying myself again.

I was an elder beta tester, and had the highest rank guild on an originally launched server and quit because of animation lag, lag in general, random CTD's, and RvR not being all it could be.  So I was wan of the original players that felt betrayed.

The game has come a long way, howver it has some lingering issues that needn't be dismissed.  Spell detection still kinda blows.  Tryint to taunt to interrupt a cast can be hard to pull off sometimes because of server latency.  Also, getting meleed by someone 30 yards away is very nerver wracking as a squig herder.

Magus still need love, as they are the typical joke class.  Aside from that balance is pretty good, with this being a paper/rock/scissors game.  DPS kill healers, tanks kill DPS, and Healers can kill tanks.  Each class can be a wrecking ball when used appropriately, with the appropriate teamwork.  At least from my perspective.

Hope this helps, as I do HATE seeing games die, and I so wanted WAR to be my final answer when it came to MMORPGs.  There is still hope, and I see it getting better and better.  Now if they could get more players, I think it could really take off.

You mean the STILL havent fixed the magus? Ugh 2 years and they cant accomplish even putting them on par with their counterpart the engineer? I wont resub, that one glaring flaw tells me theyre incompetant.

• MesfenlirMesfenlir Member Posts: 208

What about the witch hunter? Most overpowered class in mmo history besides ofc wow´s paladin.

Till them dont fix that class I will never come back again.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

Originally posted by Mesfenlir

What about the witch hunter? Most overpowered class in mmo history besides ofc wow´s paladin.

Till them dont fix that class I will never come back again.

they had balanced them out better last time I played, but again the one class that i was really psyched about playing at launch is still a joke. Its a terrible thing they cant fix one class in 2 years.

• ohsofresh42ohsofresh42 Member Posts: 68

Went back on a 10 day re-sub after almost a year off. Things have gotten much better but there still way too much PvDoor in ORvR. It will def get my sub for a month or 2 but nothing past that which has been a recurring theme with this game... So much hype leading into beta and release it's good to finally see Mythic living up to a small portion of it 2 years later. I hope they keep improving and moving forward with this game, there's is tons of fun to be had in RvR but right now I just cant justify playing and paying for it year round

• wjrasmussenwjrasmussen Member Posts: 1,493

Originally posted by cagan

So it just took them 2 years to finally figure that out when at launch it was 200 destruction fighting against 20 order.  (more likely not fighting but lagging in place), I see they are really trying to bring the game back up now, but i fear its kinda too late, my guild of 80 ppl all left the game after only 2 months after release never to come back. 40-50 servers at launch dwindled down to 4-5 servers. Hardly any player base is left to keep up the development. But i must admit the skeleton crew is doing a good job.

A friend of mine has been playing a magus and one of his abilities, if it kills an opponent, turns the soul into a horror which attacks the opponents former allies.  Due to player complains about how "powerful" it is, it is now changing to giving you back action points equal to the casting cost.  It's kind of silly at this point to make this change.

• ZybaneZybane Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Arcken

You mean the STILL havent fixed the magus? Ugh 2 years and they cant accomplish even putting them on par with their counterpart the engineer? I wont resub, that one glaring flaw tells me theyre incompetant.

Let me start by saying I don't know first hand.  Maybe it's just a nasty stigma associated with that class due to it's many original flaws?

A buddy of mine is playing one, and while he hasn't said anything relating to their ability to perform, he seems to not hate it, and he is the type to go for big damage.  he typically plays caster/mage types and loves big numbers.  reading between the lines, it kind of contradicts what the gen. pop. says about them.  Again, I haven't asked him directly, so I will ask that you visit warhammeralliance.com and check the magus forums and see what's being said.  Since I have 0 experience with the class personally.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Against All Odds, some people are still paying for it.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• CopenhagenCopenhagen Member UncommonPosts: 57

The players ain't coming backe dude.  Sorry to say, but I was one of the ones at launch, me and my guild were there the day it happened.  Actually in the open beta as well.  So, and we ended up packing up shop about 6 months afterwards.  It might have even been sooner than that.

I'm not into living up old times past.  That game did  not offer enough "Fun Factor" to make me miss it to be honest.

I hate to see it go, so I really hope it works out for you guys, that have went back, came in late, and or otherwise "Sticking It Out".

But, me and my guild will not be coming back.   Sorry.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    I simply can't put it in to words... I wanted WAR to be so good, so bad. Such a great ip, so much potential with the ips available races and with how good mythic was with DAoC.

I can't believe mythic screwed up so badly. It's heartbreaking.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• AlanthusAlanthus Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by Arcken

Um, Saarc or Thomasmagus both absolutely slughter my engi, while there may be things that aren't perfect if you have several people that make the class work and consistently rack up very high kill ratios maybe the remaining ones should learn to play? The classes are generally brought closer to their mirrors, this is an ongoing theme and will continue, the devs sometimes screw up because they spend more time in design sessions than playing the game but for the most part the stuff that doesn't work gets tossed after testing.

• drazzahdrazzah Member UncommonPosts: 437

Who said magus still suck? They are pretty awesome if you ACTUALLY play them to a high RR. WH arent OP at all anymore, the BWs are pretty much still at the top

• Smallpox1Smallpox1 Member Posts: 28

Seems like the patch balanced alot out; was fun to play tonight. If your thinking of giving it another go wait until the announcment tomorrow? and if its good play again.

I love the pvp in it; awesome game :)

• RedtahRedtah Member Posts: 23

Did they redo the entire game engine yet? because until the engine can actually handle what happens in the game it won't be worth playing. Oh they will probably never redo the engine because it would basically cost as much as developing a new game? Right.....

I still have a few friends who play and from what they say the game still isn't balanced. Cancel your subs and let the game just DIE already.

Originally posted by Redtah

Did they redo the entire game engine yet? because until the engine can actually handle what happens in the game it won't be worth playing. Oh they will probably never redo the engine because it would basically cost as much as developing a new game? Right.....

I still have a few friends who play and from what they say the game still isn't balanced. Cancel your subs and let the game just DIE already.

? Depends on how many players there are I guess, but we had around 400 in the zone last night and I didnt crash or suffer any lag.

On Karak Norn that has an equal population its very well balanced between the 2 sides, maybe your friends are on a server where one side dominates ?

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

A few questions.

Have they added any good pve to the game in the last 6-8 months? I'm talking dungeons, leveling or endgame, new zones, PQs that are actually doable if noone is in that zone with you  and stuff like that?

Crafting... Have they added to crafting, made it more like normal mmo crafting and not so dependent one several different gathering professions? WAR probably has the most unsatisfying yet group focused  crafting/gathering system i've ever seen in a p2p mmo.

Keeps & ORvR objectives... Seriously are people still playing Pve games in Orvr? Last time I played Warbands did nothing but go around and take undefended keeps and Objectives, have Mythic/Bioware put mehcanics in place to stop that nonsense?

Scenarios... Have they introduced cross server queues yet? seriously sometimes SCs are the only thing that make WAR feel like other people are playing with you and if those damn things arent popping its game over...

Last one... Any word on New classes or a third faction? Any improvements to the Shaman? Blackguard? or Marauder in the last 8 months?

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

Originally posted by Rockgod99

A few questions.

Have they added any good pve to the game in the last 6-8 months? I'm talking dungeons, leveling or endgame, new zones, PQs that are actually doable if noone is in that zone with you  and stuff like that?

Crafting... Have they added to crafting, made it more like normal mmo crafting and not so dependent one several different gathering professions? WAR probably has the most unsatisfying yet group focused  crafting/gathering system i've ever seen in a p2p mmo.

Keeps & ORvR objectives... Seriously are people still playing Pve games in Orvr? Last time I played Warbands did nothing but go around and take undefended keeps and Objectives, have Mythic/Bioware put mehcanics in place to stop that nonsense?

Scenarios... Have they introduced cross server queues yet? seriously sometimes SCs are the only thing that make WAR feel like other people are playing with you and if those damn things arent popping its game over...

Last one... Any word on New classes or a third faction? Any improvements to the Shaman? Blackguard? or Marauder in the last 8 months?

No additions to pve since Land of the Dead however see 2nd to last paragraph.

Crafting is still not that great; but then I dont play this game to do pve so that doesnt bother me. I dont think its as dependent on others as it used to be now; I think you can buy some crafting components for example. 

If players want to take an undefended keep its up to them if thats how they want to do their 'pvp'. Its also up to the other sides players to stop them. Thats a player issue on how they WANT to play; nothing to do with Mythic. There is of course now good incentive to stop them taking that keep with the outnumbered renown bonus. On Karak Norn we have some pretty good pvp from early afternoon all way to 2am most nights. Sure some players prefer the undefended bo/keep route to rr80 but it goes alot faster if you actually fight.

We are awaiting news this week about ... well we dont know. Speculation is rife of an expansion pack with anything from skaven as a 3rd faction to new pve zones, higher rr's etc. Should know by close of play Saturday at the latest.

Yes to all 3 classes; I play a Blackguard and its an awesome class :) , as is the shammie, marauder is ok now but not as good as the other 2. However theirs some interesting new abilities on the sovereign armour sets which just got totally redone, with an offensive set, defensive sert (you get to choose) and a new 8th piece ability which are pretty good abilities.