Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Auction House Changes Coming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Warhammer Online team has announced that it is preparing for "significant" changes to the auction house feature. As a result, the ability to create new in-game auctions will be disabled starting today. There is no ETA on when changes will be going into effect or when players will be able to create auctions.

In preparation for the significant changes to the Auction House being introduced in Game Update 1.3.6, we will be disabling the ability to create new in game auctions, effective Friday afternoon, 8/13/2010. Already posted player auctions will run their normal course and will still be accessible for bidding or buy out.

Read the original post at the Warhammer Herald.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Member UncommonPosts: 393

The good news is this really won't affect anyone since the population is so low and the auction house has been a huge joke since the game launched.

I wanted to love this game so much. This game had such great potential....

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
    in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
    -Glen Cook

• EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426

If they add a reasonable crafting system it would be the ubberWAR

It is a question of fangs.

• SeffrenSeffren Member Posts: 743

Was there an auction house in WAR?

Hmmm, must have missed it.

• kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 304

Originally posted by TheMaelstrom

The good news is this really won't affect anyone since the population is so low and the auction house has been a huge joke since the game launched.

2 faction pvp just does not work. That is one of the main reason why WAR has such low population.

90% of haters are begging for love. 10% just want a little attention -- Paulo Coelho

• ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182

Good to see changes taking place. Hopefully they can get the new system in place quickly. I also Agree with Kaltoum, there needs to be a third faction.

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• SilverelSilverel Member UncommonPosts: 24

The only significant change this is bringing is hopefully the speed and stability of using the AH. A few minor changes to filters and a global 48 hour buyout on all auctions is just more shuffling of existing features.

This game needs content. Instead they're still busy polishing because they have a small handful of content devs left.

Also, for those of you drinking the WAR-haterade (still? get off it already), the game has been growing all summer, albeit slowly, which is a plus when most games lose population. You're pretty much never getting a third faction in WAR as GamesWorkshop made it clear there were two factions in the Warhammer Fantasy universe. However, there are 6 additional races that have yet to be added to the Destruction and Order factions, which are a bit more likely to happen one of these years.

One of these years, when EA decides to hand out some more money for development. It's not Mythic's fault that they don't have any more devs, it's EA.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

how about fixing the class balance yunno stuff that matters

• SilverelSilverel Member UncommonPosts: 24

Originally posted by Exterminos

how about fixing the class balance yunno stuff that matters

Class balance is a moving target, they've been "fixing" (adjusting really) it every patch since launch with a few exceptions. Hurr durr.

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

remembered long long time ago when mailbox and AH didnt work at all, fun game back then.

• SauronasSauronas Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by kaltoum

2 faction pvp just does not work. That is one of the main reason why WAR has such low population.

I don't know where you guys come up with this stuff.  You obviously don't play the game.  That or you play on a dead server.

• kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 304

Originally posted by Sauronas

I don't know where you guys come up with this stuff.  You obviously don't play the game.  That or you play on a dead server.

I play on Kark Norn one of the so called most populated server for EU. Also on US side Badlands is the only server left with high population. There is fundamental flaw in game design with two faction PVP, whether you want to admit or not is another matter but low population on all servers is proof enough.

90% of haters are begging for love. 10% just want a little attention -- Paulo Coelho

• Smallpox1Smallpox1 Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by Sauronas

I play on Kark Norn one of the so called most populated server for EU. Also on US side Badlands is the only server left with high population. There is fundamental flaw in game design with two faction PVP, whether you want to admit or not is another matter but low population on all servers is proof enough.

On Karak Norn the 2 faction pvp works very well; the server is both very well populated and 100% balanced .

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

haha funny how everytime they said 100% balanced is when they rape the other faction badly.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by Silverel

The only significant change this is bringing is hopefully the speed and stability of using the AH. A few minor changes to filters and a global 48 hour buyout on all auctions is just more shuffling of existing features.

This game needs content. Instead they're still busy polishing because they have a small handful of content devs left.

Also, for those of you drinking the WAR-haterade (still? get off it already), the game has been growing all summer, albeit slowly, which is a plus when most games lose population. You're pretty much never getting a third faction in WAR as GamesWorkshop made it clear there were two factions in the Warhammer Fantasy universe. However, there are 6 additional races that have yet to be added to the Destruction and Order factions, which are a bit more likely to happen one of these years.

One of these years, when EA decides to hand out some more money for development. It's not Mythic's fault that they don't have any more devs, it's EA.

MMO games are a business, when you fail to produce a game that attracts players like Mythic did, they cut your staff.  So the only people to blame was Mythic's implementation of the IP.  

Although I said from the beginning that attempting to work with Games Workshop was a losing proposition.  The last developer got booted because Games Workshop would not allow the changes they wanted.  While the IP is popular, Games Workshop does not have one clue what you need to do to make a successful MMO.  So the blame does not lie fully with Mythic.  Games Workshop is as much at fault.

Lastly, if two faction pvp works, we have yet to see anyone come up with a successful implementation of it.  That is why Warhammer will forever be an also ran.

For those of you fans looking forward to Warhammer 40k, I just expect more of the same as long as Games Workshop remains adverse to change.