Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mythos: Developer Diary #1: Stonehill Grove

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMORPG.com is pleased to host the first developer diary from the Redbana, the dev team behind Mythos. Mythos is soon to enter its closed beta phase of development and RedBana has sent along a zone preview of the Stonehill Grove.

Stonehill Grove is the largest civilized city in Uld, located on an enormous rocky mountain between Greenreach and Bloodbristle Heath. When Stonehill grove was first founded, it contained only Human inhabitants. However, due to the Discordia, many other races that lost their dwellings came and settled in the city. Now Stonehill Grove is a large city composed of all the Civilized Races.

Read more about Stonehill Grove.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

I've been waiting forever for my multiplayer Diablo fix. You teased me with the beta 2 years ago now hurry up and release this already!

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

looks like a pretty fun game......but for me......i'll be waiting for diablo 3.

• malimirmalimir Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by SBFord

MMORPG.com is pleased to host the first developer diary from the Redbana, the dev team behind Mythos. Mythos is soon to enter its closed beta phase of development and RedBana has sent along a zone preview of the Stonehill Grove.

Mythos was soon to enter beta phase year ago... Everybody is waiting for release in Korea and nobody knows when its gonna happen. BTW. On old Redbana Mythos website there was dev diary and i 've got something ala Déjà vu.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Bad bad bad bad korean necromancers >_<

This should stay dead while everyone waits for torchlight mmo.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• GothikaboyGothikaboy Member UncommonPosts: 119

Diablo 3 will blow this shit to the grave.

I'll play this until that game is released, and so will millions of others.

Please do not hype any gam.. oh wait, nevermind... forgot what forum I was on.

• vonslashavonslasha Member Posts: 31

more cutsey stupid lookin asian crap. thats what killed it for me with WOW.  all those billions of people in asia and they cant come up with anything new. 

dear japan/korea ,

your games are ALL unoriginal. your great inovators but you suck at life when it comes to thinking up anything new. please come up with your own ideas and stop copying us in the US and eruope.

• sazabisazabi Member UncommonPosts: 389

really stupid of them to revive this NOW.

they should have released it 2 or 3 years ago and keep it running for 4-5 years.

diablo 3 will have absolutely no competition. that might sound like a fanboy, but every diablo clone that came out after diablo 1-2... was terrible. maybe sacred 1 offered something a bit new, but that was ONE game in many years. also torchlight which while was good still was pretty much cloning without even hiding it. even the style of music was like d2.

diablo 2 has absolutely no alternatives even after so many years after release. isnt that pathetic? i dont see anything changing till diablo 3.

then diablo 3 will have no alternatives (hard to say, but i really doubt anyone will try somethiing unique instead of cloning AGAIN).

i really dont understand game developers. they create clones after clones and they dont realise that some games still dont have any alternatives.

examples? jedi knight series, blade of darkness, dark messiah. etc.

eh.....

• geesehowardgeesehoward Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by vonslasha

more cutsey stupid lookin asian crap. thats what killed it for me with WOW.  all those billions of people in asia and they cant come up with anything new. 

dear japan/korea ,

your games are ALL unoriginal. your great inovators but you suck at life when it comes to thinking up anything new. please come up with your own ideas and stop copying us in the US and eruope.

dont be ingorant, this used to be a flagship studios game, which used ot be mostly ex-blizz employees. they sold it to a korean company

• SinistradSinistrad Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by vonslasha

dear japan/korea ,

LOL. Are you a troll or really that stupid and ignorant? This was not developed by anyone in Asia, nor was WoW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flagship_Studios). Mythos was developed by ex-Blizzard people in the United States. Because of the whole Hellgate: London debacle, the company folded despite positive feedback on Mythos. Flagship lost their intellectual property when the company went under and (I'm assuming) were forced to sell the unfinished game to help settle debts. That's when this game fell into the hands of Redbana (via Hanbitsoft). The core of the game has been finished for years. Who knows why they're taking so long to release it. Perhaps it is an issue of content or end-game balance (I never leveled very high in beta). In any case, because the game was mostly finished I can't imagine why it has taken THIS long.

On another note, your view of Asian games is due largely in part to the fact you are playing or have played F2P imports and other low budget trash. Many good games are developed in Asia, but due to cultural differences and the expenses of translating those games from native languages to English and other European languages, it is generally viewed as unprofitable. Not to mention ignorant sods like you see an Asian game and instantly dismiss it, thus creating a self perpetuating stigma. As you've put it, there are billions of people in Asia, why would they spend a ton of money to localize a game for a few hundred million schmucks like us who probably won't buy it because of our irrational hatred?

Finally, please, please if you are going to insult other cultures pick up a dictionary and thesaurus. I mean really, calling them great innovators and unoriginal in the same breath is about as absurd as you can get.