Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Jeff Hickman: Kickin' It at Gencon

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bioware Mythic Executive Producer, Jeff Hickman, is MMORPG.com's man on the floor at the 2010 Gencon in Indianapolis, Indiana. Jeff is keeping tabs on all that's happening at the annual convention and we've got his first blog report. Check it out and find out what's happening at GenCon!

I remember years ago (MANY years ago for some of you), when I was a kid playing D&D. I heard of this magical place where all the greatest role-play gamers went- a place where the greatest creators of fantasy lived - people like Gygax, Moore and others would gather to play their newest creations and stun onlookers with their gaming magic.

Read Jeff's entire Gencon Report.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

Went to a gen con YEARS ago and wow what an experience.  Enjoy!

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

so you took your wife huh? Then we know there's at least one female there. rofl

so...

• GreenWidowGreenWidow Member Posts: 157

Ratio was about 1 girl to 2 guys when I went back about 10 years ago.  Has it changed that much?

I hope you have a great time.  Gencon can be wonderful.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”The Iron Code"

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

if you really want to have more girls there just say in the title next year, "we have vampires" but I don't know if it will be a good thing :P

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • VenthracVenthrac Member Posts: 23

Hey Jeff!

Sounds like a blast! I'm hoping to take Jess out there next year. In teh meantime, I'll enjoy reading your blog and catching up on the show remotely. Enjoy the rest of GenCon, say hi to Paul for me, and maybe we'll bump into you somewhere in Fairfax.

- Matt D

• MaldachMaldach Member Posts: 399

I guess now that Warhammer is on life support, Jeff has more time to screw around? Set sail for fail, Jeff. Don't ruin Bioware like you did Mythic and WAR. Of course, you're probably the janitor there.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Originally posted by Maldach

I guess now that Warhammer is on life support, Jeff has more time to screw around? Set sail for fail, Jeff. Don't ruin Bioware like you did Mythic and WAR. Of course, you're probably the janitor there.

LOL.

Your attempt to troll was fail. He said he was executive-producer of Ultima, Camalot, and Warhammer. Nowhere did he say ToR or Bioware.

*point finger at Maldech* LOL! WEAK!

Nice to see a post from you Jeff. Although it was a little thin. Expect more from your next post.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• CarpfaceCarpface Member Posts: 41

When I saw the name "Jeff Hickman" I thought of "Gene Hackman."  That is all.

Originally posted by Hokie

LOL.

Your attempt to troll was fail. He said he was executive-producer of Ultima, Camalot, and Warhammer. Nowhere did he say ToR or Bioware.

Nice to see a post from you Jeff. Although it was a little thin. Expect more from your next post.

Read his title at the top of the blog:

Bioware Mythic Executive Producer, Jeff Hickman

How does it feel to be a moron? Mythic were passed on to Bioware by EA like a used condom after screwing up Warhammer.

LOL.

How does it feel to be a moron? Mythic were passed on to Bioware by EA like a used condom after screwing up Warhammer.

*Points finger again at Maldech and lols*

Your attempt to troll me was just as weak.

To be in charge of Bioware it would have to read...

Bioware, Mythic Executive Producer, Jeff Hickman

Notice the placement of the comma. That shows its seperating two words (in my example). One word is representing Bioware the company, the other is represent Mythic the company.

Jeff didnt use commas. Because its one word representing one company, Bioware Mythic.

Youre still a fail troll, and you have poor reading comprehension skills to boot.

Which is scary having me correcting someone, because my spelling and sentence structuring is horrendous.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Went to two GenCons years ago and they were awesome...still have the dice I bought when I went there the first time.   My dice are unique because the 7's have a horizontal bar through it like this ....    I do not think they make them that way any longer.

BTW Jeff, if you read this, when  is Mythic going to make a DAoC II (with oriental realms this time)?

Wow thats old school 7's. Pulled out some of my old die,  from the early 80's and they had that style.

Still with the teeth marks from where I chewed on my dice....lol forgot all about that.

Man, I miss old school AD&D.

And Star Frontiers, and Gamma World, and Twilight 2000 too.

*sigh*

LOL.

Notice the placement of the comma. That shows its seperating two words (in my example). One word is representing Bioware the company, the other is represent Mythic the company.

Jeff didnt use commas. Because its one word representing one company, Bioware Mythic.

Youre still a fail troll, and you have poor reading comprehension skills to boot.

Which is scary having me correcting someone, because my spelling and sentence structuring is horrendous.

You're still a moron. He works for Mythic/Bioware. He's an executive producer. EXECUTIVE. He gets to make decisions. The kind of decisions that lead to massive implosions like Warhammer. Wow, first you say he doesn't work for Bioware, then you say he does. Which is it? Good god, moron, take your ridilin and pay attention.

LOL.

You're still a moron. He works for Mythic/Bioware. He's an executive producer. EXECUTIVE. He gets to make decisions. The kind of decisions that lead to massive implosions like Warhammer. Wow, first you say he doesn't work for Bioware, then you say he does. Which is it? Good god, moron, take your ridilin and pay attention.

I consider myself more an A-Hole than a moron. But hey, I'm not gonna split hairs over it.

*has Animal House flashback*

Moe-ron works just fine too.

He can only make decisions for Ultima Camalot and Warhammer.

Bioware is just a tag (more or less) Just like it was when it was EA Mythic. He didnt make decisions for EA. He doesnt make decisions for Bioware. Sorry Jeff, it almost sounds like I'm slamming you. Just wanted to shove the trolls nose in the poorly thought out dung of a post he made.

Maldach,  your still a fail troll though. LOL! HA!

And I'm getting bored with this. Hes just too easy.