Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Healing in FFXIV

XciserXciser Member UncommonPosts: 102

What Classes Can heal?  I would think the mage classes but i havent seen anything or read anything about it.  Im curious, what class is the best healer at the moment for group play and stuff.

Comments

• LastChimeLastChime Member Posts: 107

It's different really, here read this, then click the menu and look through the armory system page, many classes have some form of healing.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/#/gameplay/lifestyle/1

• SkieveSkieve Member Posts: 190

Check the official game site.Conjurer got cure and protect.I leveled it to have cure on my gladi, never been in a party yet so i cant say much how effective is party wise.

edit: the above poster beat me by a sec.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

Yeah, looks like Conjurer is going to be the main healing and magic DPS class.

The Thaumaturge is going to have a heal or two, but it won't be as effective as the Conjurer because the class deals a lot with power transfers, so a Thaumaturge will syphon some of his own health to heal a target, while syphoning health from surrounding enemies to heal himself. That's what I got out of the class discription.

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171

There are no pure healing classes in FFXIV, but I guess you could create one yourself if you so choose by combining different healing spells on one class. They may not be as effective but it would still be interesting I think! xD

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

The reason there are no pure healing classes is that they want you to be able to solo most of the game with any classs you chose.

• LastChimeLastChime Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by birdycephon

The reason there are no pure healing classes is that they want you to be able to solo most of the game with any classs you chose.

Hmm I don't think that's nessecarily it, more like they're trying to get people to see other ways to go about it rather than the old standby trinity. While still making that method viable if you so choose. It's all about choice.

A "Pure Healer" would most likely combine a lot of skills from a broad range of classes, same with a pure anything from the way this system is presented.

So far things read as if they take a lot of inspirition from the games based in Ivalice, so look there for ideas as to what types of skills synergize well, and which do not.

• KyrocKyroc Member Posts: 70

I guarentee you this is not correct.

Solo'ing may be easier in FFXIV than it was in FFXI, but grouping will still be the main way to progress. 

• sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606

Originally posted by Kyroc

Solo'ing may be easier in FFXIV than it was in FFXI, but grouping will still be the main way to progress. 

Even though they are gearing this towards Casual players? I bet you can Solo through the entire game. They are not making this game group manditory like they did in FFXI

Originally posted by sly220

Even though they are gearing this towards Casual players? I bet you can Solo through the entire game. They are not making this game group manditory like they did in FFXI

Yes, true. And yes, I think you will be able to solo all the way to cap aswell. 

But it will be a lot harder, and take a lot longer than if you are grouping.

• sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606

ill go with you on it will take alot longer...

and you will not have as much fun nore will you learn your paticular job for those big NM encounters. So people should group to get the dynamics of what they are suppose to do and when. I grouped all the way up in LoTRo with one CHR and the other i soloed well the one I soloed i was completly lost when having to group . so i learned my lesson group! just because its more fun and you learn your Job/Class

ill go with you on it will take alot longer...

and you will not have as much fun nore will you learn your paticular job for those big NM encounters. So people should group to get the dynamics of what they are suppose to do and when. I grouped all the way up in LoTRo with one CHR and the other i soloed well the one I soloed i was completly lost when having to group . so i learned my lesson group! just because its more fun and you learn your Job/Class

Yeah, totally agree with you here.

Unfortunately I went to LOTRO late and very rarely got to group except for a couple of instances.

I solo'd to 45 and pretty much got to bored so quit.

MMO's are always much more fun playing in a group, just as long as the solo option is there when you dont have time to mess around with others, or just feel like spending some time to yourself.